• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Liberty Tree Tavern--Why doesn't Pete like it?

XxDisneyFan00xX

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,
I was listening to this weeks podcast, and I heard Pete say that he does not like LTT. My question is a]why and b]do you not like the supper or the whole thing?

We are planning on going here for a lunch. So, thanks to anyone who can answer my question. I could have just not heard him correctly.

Melanie.

I have never been there for the dinner buffet. Lunch is off the ala carte menue and I and my family love it for lunch and go each time we are in the Magic Kingdom at Lunch time. Pete should do a lunch review because I bet he would like it. So go Melanie and enjoy on my recommendation.

Jeff

His comments were about dinner at LTT, and he hated it because the food was terrible. Lunch seems to be a completely different set up, and while I've never eaten there, I have heard people who hate the food for the character dinner at LTT say nice things about this location for lunch. It seems odd though that the quality of lunch and dinner would be so drastically different. It's coming out of the same kitchen, and I assume it's cooked by the same staff. And it's not like the items are their dinner menu (turkey, roast beef, mashed potatoes, steamed veggies, etc.) are particularly hard to cook.

The last time I ate at LTT was in early 2005, but I loved it and was surprised that Pete didn't like the food that much. Either it has changed a lot or I have really low standards or something. Go figure

I ate there probably in 2004 for lunch? And we agree with Pete...we hated it. The food seemed old and thrown together. Nothing really seemed fresh and the quality definitely had degraded since the last time we were there. Don't think we're going back until someone on the DIS actually likes it! (The DIS and I so far are on the same wave length when it comes to all of the reviews!)

This is surprising to me as well. We at at LTT our last two trips, and frankly, it's one of our favorite eateries. We have done both lunch and dinner, and the food and service has been excellent each time. I realize the meal is basically a "Thanksgiving Dinner", but it's tasty.

Our DD, 5, also thoroughly enjoys the character interaction there. Who knows, maybe we have just gotten lucky, but like I said, it's one of our favorite spots.

We've eaten there on three separate occassions and enjoyed the food and everything else each time. Just as you would expect, Pete has his opinion, and we all have ours..........to each his own.

We have lunch there at least 3 times a year and love it! Absolutely agree about the dinner- didn't like it at all.

Thank you all very much for your opinions! I think that we will stick to LTT for lunch only. Plus, were not a big fan of the characters (theres no little kids anymore :( )

We ate there 2 years ago and we really liked it.
My kids always remember that restaurant as the one where Minnie looked pregnant........lol. It's true, we have pictures and I swear she looks about 8 months pregnant.

The restaurant is sponsored by Stouffers, so the character dinner is stouffers frozen entrées that you can get in the frozen food section of your supermarket. And it is all slightly undercook, at least I thought so. But that together with mediocre service, and the front desk staff that could care less if they seat you even close to ontime... and you have a restaurant that would never make it outside the Disney bubble. If there were not characters there for dinner, no one would be eating there at what $28 per person for maybe $2 worth of frozen dinner.

Lunch is not that much better, it is just not as bad.

We ate dinner there earlier this month and the food was not all that good. Much of it was dry and pretty tasteless - we also went there in 2006 and I remember it being better then. And when you get the bill - we thought "we're paying this much for that food!!". There are many, many better restaurants on Disney property than LTT.

We've always had good experiences there too, but I haven't been since 2006, so things could have drastically changed since then. It's too bad if it has because it was one of the "quieter" sit down eateries in the MK.

Just another vote for the lunch food being quite good. I think it was the William Penn Pasta (and feel free to correct me) that I liked so much. Big portions, hot food, nothing that makes it seem like the chef is taking risks just for fun...

-ExBellhop

I have found the very mixed reviews interesting as well. We ate dinner there in August and thought it was pretty good. I believe we are quite choosy about the food we label as being reasonably good. We did NOT like the mac and cheese and the potatoes were marginal at best.

However, our meat was all moist and cooked nicely and the green beans were cooked just right per our standards (they must be a bit al dente). Being California kids, we are used to having fresh veggies almost all year and these tasted like the ones we prepare at home. We also enjoyed the salad and dessert.

The character interaction was terrific. Our son played with Chip and Dale and enjoyed watching them fool around all over the dining room throughout dinner.

Really, I would go back again without question. it was nowhere near as bad as our dinner at the Rainforest Cafe in DTD (now that was vile!).

--Daneen

Lunch = pretty good food
Dinner = a warmed up Stouffer's frozen entree (not that we don't do Stouffer's sometimes at home - but - for Disney prices - not what you would expect)

I pretty much agree with Pete and others on dinner...Stouffers TV dinners.

Lunch is mediocre but tolerable.

I, however, don't like the Crystal Palace. For the price, it just isn't worth it. Quite frankly, when we eat there, I usually get the pizza and chicken fingers off of the kid's bar and have salad with it. Of course, I hate prime rib. A good steak is a totally different story.:lovestruc

well after listening to the review from Pete, i cancelled our LTT dinner and made an ADR for crystal palace for 7pm. I just think a buffet is better for all because if you dont like something, try something else!!!

heres our adr list

chef mickeys..dinner
ohanas...dinner
whispering canyon...dinner and a breakfast
grand Floridian cafe...dinner and a breakfast...mom and dad
artist point...mom and dad only...25th anni
coral reef...last night there
sci-fi...daughters only
boma...breakfast
crystal palace...daughters only

I find it interesting that you canceled LTT based on Pete's remarks, but you kept Ohana's, Whispering Canyon, and Coral Reef despite Kevin's previous reviews.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter