Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

Thoughts on Doctor Strange:
Is it over yet? (I have like 20 minutes left)

It seems like the kind of movie that objectively is probably a good movie, like I get the sense that there's a decent plot, but I just can't get into it. I'm not really into that magic/mystical/spiritual stuff so I think that's why it didn't grab my attention.

Next up should be Spiderman: Homecoming. Not Spiderman because it's not on Disney+. So I guess Thor: Ragnarok? I get that the Spiderman movies aren't purely Marvel but it would be nice if they were streaming somewhere (or at least somewhere that I don't have to pay extra for).

Last edited:
Return to Running: 12/20/2021 - 12/26/2021

Short Version:
2 runs, 1 in-person barre3 class, 1 livestream barre3 class, 2 walks

Long Version:
Monday:
- barre3 Livestream class with Nida. My studio has instituted a mask requirement (which I think is good) but all of my good masks were in the laundry so I livestreamed instead. I had livestream issues (mostly me-related, somewhat them-related) so I got started late and was just off during class because of that. Ended up hopping out early and stretching on my own. Overall, not my most successful class, but better than nothing.
- 20 minute afternoon walk. Because why not and also because I was trying to catch my building staff to do holiday tips (I wound up catching most people on Friday).

Tuesday:
Unplanned Rest Day. Woke up and couldn't get myself out for my run (I was sitting on the floor fully dressed attempting to put my shoes on for a few minutes before I gave up). Made crappy pancakes (seriously I don't know what I did wrong but they're dry and tasteless and I know I've used this recipe before) and watched TV and just chilled instead.

Wednesday:
2.61 mile run. Felt much better about running on Wednesday than I had on Tuesday and this was a solid run.

Thursday:
Rest Day. Was thinking about walking down to barre class but I had to go grocery shopping and the timing just didn't work out.

Friday:
3.03 mile run. It was cold but I got it done.

Saturday:
Rest Day

Sunday:
Walk to barre3 + barre3 In-Studio with Vicky. This was my first studio class since they re-instituted masks and it took me a little bit to get used to the mask, but by the end of class I was fine. But it was a nice reminder that if I'm gonna run my March race in a mask (which I'm thinking about), I should probably practice mask running for a while first because I remember it taking me a few weeks to adjust the first time.

Week Thoughts/Realizations:
- The three rest days kinda felt good. I wonder if that's maybe what my best schedule is - 2 barre3 classes, 2 runs.

Not-Running Related: (Lots of that stuff this week)
Gotta put this somewhere, and this is as good a place as any:
Disneyland To-Do List:
- Figure out Outfits
- Figure out must-do attractions
- Airport transportation
- Grocery Shopping
- COVID testing plan

Thoughts on Thor: Ragnarok
It was fine. It had its funny moments but I wish it was funnier. Not my favorite movie but not the worst.

Good news: Spiderman: Far from Home is on TV this week, so I'm DVRing it. Still looking for Homecoming. I hope I don't miss too much watching out of order.

Don’t watch the Spider-Man movies out of order. There’s a lot in Homecoming that plays into Far From Home.

Hmm. So the question is now am I actually invested enough in what happens to pay like $4 to rent Homecoming?
This would be much easier if Sony and Disney could make a deal to get these movies on Disney+, but I know that's not gonna happen.

i think i want to watch Spiderman too. The new one looks good, but i have not seen any of them.. Guess i will have to do the same and rent the other movies. I agree annoyed I can't get them on Disney +

Hmm. So the question is now am I actually invested enough in what happens to pay like $4 to rent Homecoming?
This would be much easier if Sony and Disney could make a deal to get these movies on Disney+, but I know that's not gonna happen.
Do you still have a DVD player? Many libraries have dvds for checkout. Our library has most of the marvel ones, though of course it cones with the risk of fines for being late....

I second checking with a local library. Before Disney+ and we were getting ready to take our kids on their first disney trip we would borrow a movie every friday after school so they could "understand" the rides (like 7DMT, PP, etc.) Plus it was a good excuse to watch a bunch of disney movies for (almost) free.

i think i want to watch Spiderman too. The new one looks good, but i have not seen any of them.. Guess i will have to do the same and rent the other movies. I agree annoyed I can't get them on Disney +
I'm a big Spiderman fan in general so I knew I wanted to watch them. But I really do wish they were on Disney+.

Do you still have a DVD player? Many libraries have dvds for checkout. Our library has most of the marvel ones, though of course it cones with the risk of fines for being late....
I second checking with a local library. Before Disney+ and we were getting ready to take our kids on their first disney trip we would borrow a movie every friday after school so they could "understand" the rides (like 7DMT, PP, etc.) Plus it was a good excuse to watch a bunch of disney movies for (almost) free.

I just went to the library today, I should have checked!
Alright ...
No luck at NYPL (but they do have Spiderman: Far From Home, which I am DVRing). Queens Library has it but I don't know when I'm going to be back in Queens (and also I'm not bringing the laptop with the DVD player to Queens with me ... although my Dad might have an external CD/DVD drive, in which case I wouldn't have to). Also I can't even request it because my library card is expired (although my local (to the house) branch does seem to have it available).
Gotta think about this.

Bit of a slow day at work today (it's been a slow week honestly and I always forget that while I love working this week because it's quiet, I also get nothing done because so much of my work is dependent on others), so I'm doing stealth Disneyland planning on this computer.

Not Avengers or Running Related:
My sister is watching Star Wars in what I think is the machete order but with Phantom Menace. It's the order her friend gave her, and I trust him on Star Wars things, so hopefully it works.

So both of us are watching new to us universes before our trip ... although I don't think either one of us will finish our universe.

I actually didn't like Loki in Avengers, but I'll give the show a try.
To further add to the confusion, the only Marvel series I've really enjoyed is WandaVision. Loki was just okay and I haven't even watched Hawkeye. This coming from someone who has seen all the MCU movies and at least enjoyed all of them.
I have heard rumors that they reached an agreement to do this, but I don't remember if and when it's going to happen.
My sister is watching Star Wars in what I think is the machete order but with Phantom Menace. It's the order her friend gave her, and I trust him on Star Wars things, so hopefully it works.
For viewers who do not know the big reveal about Luke's parentage, I prefer this order: Episode IV, Episode V, then flashback to Episodes I, II, III, and then pick back up with the chronology at VI. I actually think that Episode I has key information that matters and I think it's better than Episode II as well.

If you're trying to better understand Star Wars for Galaxy's Edge purposes, then you could really only get away with the Disney produced sequel trilogy since time is a factor.

I have heard rumors that they reached an agreement to do this, but I don't remember if and when it's going to happen.

There is a new deal.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/why-is-spider-man-not-on-disney-plus/
All Sony movies released from 2022-2024 (of which there are no Spiderman currently scheduled) will appear on Netflix first and then Disney+ no sooner than 18 months after initial release. So in theory the other Spiderman movies may start appearing on Disney+ sometime within the next year (but no definitive date). As for "No Way Home" it has to have a run on Starz before it can move to Disney+. So it will likely be a few years before that one is on there.

To further add to the confusion, the only Marvel series I've really enjoyed is WandaVision. Loki was just okay and I haven't even watched Hawkeye. This coming from someone who has seen all the MCU movies and at least enjoyed all of them.
Hmm. Interesting. I think I will like Hawkeye because it takes place in NYC, but it also has Hailee Steinfeld and I have very mixed opinions on her. But we will see.

For viewers who do not know the big reveal about Luke's parentage, I prefer this order: Episode IV, Episode V, then flashback to Episodes I, II, III, and then pick back up with the chronology at VI. I actually think that Episode I has key information that matters and I think it's better than Episode II as well.

If you're trying to better understand Star Wars for Galaxy's Edge purposes, then you could really only get away with the Disney produced sequel trilogy since time is a factor.
This is more related to someone who has been nagging her to watch the movies and she finally gave in and started. I don't think she'll be anywhere near finished when we go to Disneyland, but we'll see if she wants to skip ahead for that to make sense. I'll mention it to her.
Also, she started watching The Mandalorian before she watched any of the movies (she was excited to see a mandalorian in Empire Strikes Back), so I'm not sure anything here is happening in any sort of order. But the order you listed there makes sense.

All Sony movies released from 2022-2024 (of which there are no Spiderman currently scheduled) will appear on Netflix first and then Disney+ no sooner than 18 months after initial release. So in theory the other Spiderman movies may start appearing on Disney+ sometime within the next year (but no definitive date). As for "No Way Home" it has to have a run on Starz before it can move to Disney+. So it will likely be a few years before that one is on there.

Well I have Netflix so if there's a surprise Spiderman in 2022-2024, I'm all set.
Starz will be a little trickier, but I'll figure out No Way Home when I get to it.

Alright. So, I'm sitting down with (vegetarian) chili fries (a much better idea than my original plan of chili & rice), a good beer, and Black Panther, and writing down my thoughts as I watch because if not I don't know that I'll make it through. So here we go. I feel like this is going to be something that is objectively good but just not for me (kinda like Doctor Strange).

Guy stealing from the museum: I got a lot of thoughts on this, particularly as someone whose people had a lot of things stolen from them (and I'm not just talking about the Nazis ). So this guy who may or may not be Wakandan coming in coming in with his crew and taking something hit kinda hard.

This is another one of those "can't get into it" type of movies. And part of that is because I also had twitter open and there's a lot going on in my community right now so I got absorbed in reading tweets and was only a little bit watching the movie.

The suit energy flipping the car thing was kinda cool.
I got back into it when the guy started singing "What is Love".

Okay, so I just got to the part where the new guy kills T'Challa and I think I'm mostly back into it now. This is interesting. What happens now. How does he come back? Is the new guy's policy of "solve racism across the world by using Wakandan technology" going to work out for him? Also, he tells them to burn the stuff ... does he think he's going to live forever or is he just not thinking beyond 5 seconds from now?

Oh hey, T'Challa wasn't dead in the first place. Just frozen in a coma. Cool.

That big battle scene was kinda cool. I liked all of the technology stuff but also the people and character stuff.

Overall, I liked it more than I expected to. Definitely not my favorite and I don't know that I'd rewatch it, but I am glad I watched it once.

Last edited:
Big Announcement:
Spiderman: Homecoming will air on Freeform on January 8th! I already set the DVR.
But Freeform is owned by Disney, so this raises the question ... does Disney have any sort of rights to it now? Like not full rights, but if they have the right to air it on Freeform, do they also have the right to stream it somewhere? Or is it just TV airing?
Next question is whether I pause my MCU watching until January 8th or watch Avengers: Infinity War without having seen Homecoming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter