Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

I am intrigued and disgusted at the same time.

Okay, so, when we do Disney (or any theme park), we mark our maps so that we know which attractions we did.
Here's part of our Epcot map from 2008:
Epcot08.jpg

In case you can't read Beth's handwriting, that says "very creepy."
I stand by that assessment.

Glad you made it through your phone calls! Jim seems great, too, and also easy to chat with on the phone. I gave up trying to book my own after taking time off twice during W&D registration. So easy.

Thanks! Yeah, the TA situation was super easy, and with the delay, I'm definitely glad I did it.

Most excellent choice - we had 5 nights there on our only WDW trip (been to DL 4 times). Proximity to EPCOT can’t be beat, Stormalong Bay is awesome (if you are in to pools) and then there is this:

View attachment 315604

Proximity to Epcot was definitely a big selling point (as was proximity to DHS).
Although I don't think trying to conquer the kitchen sink by myself is something I would ever do...

BC is my absolute favorite resort. We also stay there if possible. We have only ventured to other places for a short stay.

Yay! I'm glad to hear you like it so much - makes me more excited to stay there!

That’s awesome about being able to cancel a bib with Acclaim! Makes it a lot less stressful when trying to figure out the work stuff.

Definitely - that was a big factor in my decision to book with them!

Maelstrom scared my kids when they were little.

Maelstrom scared me when I was quite a bit older than your kids.

Thanks for sharing your TA experience!! I am definitely interested in this and will be looking into it a bit more. I want to call Disney direct and see what room rates are for that weekend.

You're welcome! I think that for most hotels, TA rates will probably be the same as regular rates. But for hotels where they have blocks, it should be cheaper. But it's definitely a good idea to call Disney and see what the rates are!

Sounds super easy and I hope you get the BC since you really want to stay there!!

Thank you! I hope so too!

Okay, so, when we do Disney (or any theme park), we mark our maps so that we know which attractions we did.
Here's part of our Epcot map from 2008:
epcot08-jpg.315918

Were here other things you found creepy?

Do you have an assessment on the replacement? (I never went on Maelstrom but really enjoyed Frozen)

Proximity to Epcot was definitely a big selling point (as was proximity to DHS).
Although I don't think trying to conquer the kitchen sink by myself is something I would ever do...
Four of us struggled about half way through - don't think we would do it again but there was no way I was going without trying it at least once! Next time will be No Way Jose.

Do you have an assessment on the replacement? (I never went on Maelstrom but really enjoyed Frozen)

I haven't done it yet! But I love Frozen, so I'm hoping I enjoy it.

Four of us struggled about half way through - don't think we would do it again but there was no way I was going without trying it at least once! Next time will be No Way Jose.

I get that ... it's a lot of ice cream (and yoppings), but it's definitely one of those Disney things. No Way Jose is probably a more sensible choice.

So ... I had both a really terrible week and a good week at work. Things went wrong and I still sometimes feel like I dont belong here, but things were getting better. Like ... a lot better.
And then today I lost my access to our team Github organization. Which is where we host our code. Which means that I can't make changes to the code or update what I'm working on (I can do it locally, but can't share it with the team). So ... yeah.

I know why it happened. We had a limit on the number of people we could have and we needed to remove people. I get it. They pay per person, and it's not cheap. But ... being a "non-essential" person who could be removed didnt really help with my feeling of not belonging.

Whatever. I'm sure it will all be fixed by next week. But this was not how I wanted to end my Friday.

So ... I had both a really terrible week and a good week at work. Things went wrong and I still sometimes feel like I dont belong here, but things were getting better. Like ... a lot better.
And then today I lost my access to our team Github organization. Which is where we host our code. Which means that I can't make changes to the code or update what I'm working on (I can do it locally, but can't share it with the team). So ... yeah.

I know why it happened. We had a limit on the number of people we could have and we needed to remove people. I get it. They pay per person, and it's not cheap. But ... being a "non-essential" person who could be removed didnt really help with my feeling of not belonging.

Whatever. I'm sure it will all be fixed by next week. But this was not how I wanted to end my Friday.

I'm so sorry to hear about the rough parts. I honestly think it took me about 6-10 months to get the hang of my current job- I work in a male dominated field and always felt so out of place. If it makes you feel any better, I also once got kicked out of a program based on users. I don't think it's anything personal! On the bright side, it's Friday! Woohoo! Have a great weekend!

I have been at my current job for about 8 months and sometimes still feel like I don't belong. It's hard to transition. Hope next week is better!!

Sorry you had a rough week. I hope you find your footing there soon. New jobs are so, so stressful.

Thanks.
I'm just a little frustrated that in 2 months there haven't been many signs of improvement. But it is what it is.

I'm so sorry to hear about the rough parts. I honestly think it took me about 6-10 months to get the hang of my current job- I work in a male dominated field and always felt so out of place. If it makes you feel any better, I also once got kicked out of a program based on users. I don't think it's anything personal! On the bright side, it's Friday! Woohoo! Have a great weekend!

Thanks.
I was a little worried about being in a male-dominated field, but that actually hasn't been too bad for me ... there are some other women on my team, and the guys are totally cool about it. For me it's more of a sense that it seems like everyone else knows what's going on, and I feel like I'm being thrown in in the middle of something and dont know what's going on. Its tough. But hopefully things will get better.
But yay Friday! I dont have to worry about this until Monday!

I have been at my current job for about 8 months and sometimes still feel like I don't belong. It's hard to transition. Hope next week is better!!

Thanks. I'm sorry to hear that you're still feeling that way, though ... transition is definitely tough.

---

Good news ... my invitation to the GitHub team is waiting in my inbox. I just have to enable two-factor authentication (which bugs me in general) and then I'll be good to go. This is probably the fastest resolution of an issue in my time at this job.
(Also, I found out that one of the people who is basically a big deal on this project also got kicked off, so I feel less bad now)

Next post should be about my race on the 22nd.
I just got an email about it - someone remind me after I post all of my fancy travel plans (I ONLY HAVE TO TAKE ONE TRAIN ... I think) that the race starts at 8:30 so I don't have to leave until 6:45ish, maybe even closer to 7. I will probably forget that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter