Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

I just want you guys to know ... I'm sitting on the floor right now stretching out my hamstring because I think I did something to my knee this morning.
It's actually kinda funny. I'm waiting for someone to say something.... although I feel like everyone here is used to me being weird by now.

ETA: my computer is on my desk chair and I have a mouse right next to me, so I'm still getting stuff done. Just from the floor.

I just want you guys to know ... I'm sitting on the floor right now stretching out my hamstring because I think I did something to my knee this morning.
It's actually kinda funny. I'm waiting for someone to say something.... although I feel like everyone here is used to me being weird by now.

ETA: my computer is on my desk chair and I have a mouse right next to me, so I'm still getting stuff done. Just from the floor.

HA! Please tell me you work in a cubicle/open floor plan office...

(also hope your knee feels better soon! maybe try the icing method from the running thread today?)

HA! Please tell me you work in a cubicle/open floor plan office...

Cubicles (not that I have a cubicle, I have a tiny table, but whatever). And yes, several people walked past and were confused. And the guy who sits behind me just didn't notice.

(also hope your knee feels better soon! maybe try the icing method from the running thread today?)

I have a high-quality cold pack I can use when I get home. But I hate icing it because it often doesn't work for me. Dunno why. We'll see.
Thanks!

Cubicles (not that I have a cubicle, I have a tiny table, but whatever). And yes, several people walked past and were confused. And the guy who sits behind me just didn't notice.

I have a high-quality cold pack I can use when I get home. But I hate icing it because it often doesn't work for me. Dunno why. We'll see.
Thanks!

I also work in a open-cubicle setting (a "trade floor") and I don't love it. I'm more of a door person... Then I wouldn't have to listen to the country music that plays all day...

I also work in a open-cubicle setting (a "trade floor") and I don't love it. I'm more of a door person... Then I wouldn't have to listen to the country music that plays all day...

Oh, I'm completely the opposite. I hate cubicles and offices because they're too stuffy and segmented. I like large tables and lots of open space and fun couches and stuff like that (think the stereotypical startup office, complete with beanbags).
... But we also don't have country music playing here. Lots of chatting, but we each listen to our own music. Plus, I don't have to interact with other people that often and I have noise-cancelling headphones :)

Yikes about your knee and hamstring! I hope it’s nothing serious.

My DH’s NYC office is all open and he hates it. He gets interrupted all day long. He’s the money guy so interruptions can be a bad thing. He said he at least has a view of the Empire State Building and can finally get a real sandwich from the local delis.

Yikes about your knee and hamstring! I hope it’s nothing serious.

Thanks! It's feeling a little better now, so hopefully it's nothing.

My DH’s NYC office is all open and he hates it. He gets interrupted all day long. He’s the money guy so interruptions can be a bad thing. He said he at least has a view of the Empire State Building and can finally get a real sandwich from the local delis.

I definitely think that in an open office like that there need to be some private spaces where people can go work uninterrupted for a few hours. But not all offices have that :(
But a view of the ESB is always nice. I used to have a nice view of Astor Place, but then my desk got moved, so now I just see the DevOps guys and a little bit of a building outside the very-far-away windows.

I really have to get out there. I've only been to SF in the winter, so I've missed out on all the baseball.
I'd love to check out AT&T and the A's stadium (can't remember what it's called right now) on one trip, but I don't know how easy that is since I don't know how often they're home at the same time.
They can both be playing at home at the same time or close enough. Just remember that the A's stadium is old and run down. A few years ago they had massive sewage leaks in the A's locker room and dugout. They've been trying to get a new stadium for years, but with no luck. If Oakland isn't careful, they'll lose all 3 of their sports teams. The Warriors are building

Ha. I love this.
It was such a unique thing. With the Giants recent run being built on pitching, the rubber chickens have been replaced by strikeout Ks. Just not the same especially since the rubber chickens usually represented more than just the one game.

They can both be playing at home at the same time or close enough. Just remember that the A's stadium is old and run down. A few years ago they had massive sewage leaks in the A's locker room and dugout. They've been trying to get a new stadium for years, but with no luck. If Oakland isn't careful, they'll lose all 3 of their sports teams. The Warriors are building

Good to know. The Mets and Yankees are almost never home at the same time (although often one will come home right after the other one ends a homestand), so I wasn't sure if it was the same out there.
And yeah, I know the A's stadium is a dump. I don't mind dumps ... I always liked Shea Stadium, and that was a dump pretty much the minute it was built (although that was more sentimental because I went there a lot as a kid with either school or camp). I'd like to be there just to say that I've been there ... I can survive a dump for a game :)

I hope your knee and hamstring are okay!!

Thanks! Feeling much better today - hopefully that was a temporary thing due to insufficient stretching and I'm all good now.

And yeah, I know the A's stadium is a dump.
It used to be much nicer for baseball until Al Davis moved the Raiders back to Oakland and destroyed it for baseball. It would still be outdated today if that hadn't happened, but nowhere near as bad.

Thanks! Feeling much better today - hopefully that was a temporary thing due to insufficient stretching and I'm all good now.
Glad to hear it.

It used to be much nicer for baseball until Al Davis moved the Raiders back to Oakland and destroyed it for baseball. It would still be outdated today if that hadn't happened, but nowhere near as bad.

Oh yeah, I never understood how they played both football and baseball there without killing the field for both. I worry sometimes about what soccer will do to Yankee Stadium. Oh well...

Oh yeah, I never understood how they played both football and baseball there without killing the field for both. I worry sometimes about what soccer will do to Yankee Stadium. Oh well...
With a good grounds crew and proper drainage, et all, the field is fine. The real trick is holding on field goals on the baseball infield that isn't grass. So long as soccer matches aren't too close to Yankees games, it shouldn't be an issue.

What devastated the coliseum for baseball is what Al Davis did to some of the viewing areas to accommodate football. They call that area Mt Davis and it's 100% empty during baseball games. I don't even know if they sell it for playoff baseball games.

With a good grounds crew and proper drainage, et all, the field is fine. The real trick is holding on field goals on the baseball infield that isn't grass. So long as soccer matches aren't too close to Yankees games, it shouldn't be an issue.

What devastated the coliseum for baseball is what Al Davis did to some of the viewing areas to accommodate football. They call that area Mt Davis and it's 100% empty during baseball games. I don't even know if they sell it for playoff baseball games.

Interesting. I always thought that shoes intended for a different sport would wreck the field. Which shoes you how little I know about grass...
The different seating needs for different sports is definitely an issue. I like how for basketball/hockey they just have folding chairs or something like that. I could see why putting in seats for football that dont work for baseball would be a terrible idea.

I am back in New York. I am about to buy sunglasses and possibly shoes.
I probably shouldn't travel anymore.

I ordered a new pair of sunglasses over the weekend... Like I need a new pair... But I do, ya know?

Cant decide if I want to go to Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts. Starbucks is closer, but Dunkin I can use my birthday drink.
#coffeesuspense
What'd you decide?

I ordered a new pair of sunglasses over the weekend... Like I need a new pair... But I do, ya know?

I feel ya. What did you get?
I went with the Knockaround Clear/Green Moonshine Classics. Was looking at the goodr Iced By Yetis, which I love the colors, but I have a small head and I'm afraid they might be too big for me (because they're bigger than the knockaround classics, which are pretty much exactly the right size for me)

What'd you decide?

Neither. The line at Starbucks was too long and the subway was closer than Dunkin Donuts. Then my commute sucked and now I'm drinking office coffee. Will go out at 11:30ish for something else. Still not sure what.

---

Good news: I think I no longer have to take off my shoes when I go through security at the airport. WooHoo! Also, customs has become easier when I travel internationally. Also woohoo.
This is why I haven't booked my flight for Florida yet ... I was waiting for my Global Entry interview to make sure I got approved (not that I thought there would be a problem). Now I have to find a new excuse for not booking my flight :rotfl:.

Also, expect a weekly update possibly coming up at some point today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter