Life hacks? Or are people idiots? Why do I love these?

disykat

This person totally gets me
I love reading life hacks. But some things floor me.

My yahoo home page is flooded with the excitement of someone discovering a new wonderful thing about disposable salad bowls with dressing containers. Not that this product exists, but that the product she has been buying for who knows how long with the dressing bowl attached and directions in a picture on the front will actually - gasp!- hold salad dressing! She's a genius!

I still love life hacks, but the remind me of the fabulous diet tricks that used to abound. Switch to skim milk? Why didn't anyone ever think of that? Genius!

I saw one video where they demonstrated how to use a bra cup in lieu of a dust mask; then proceeded to spray paint... yikes!! At the very least you need a dust mask with activated charcoal if not a respirator. I hope nobody compromises their health for the sake of a hack.

True 'life hacks' are pretty cool, but you're right, most of what people call a 'hack' is nothing more than what people have been doing forever.

A good majority of life hacks are dumb.

I watched a video of a life hack 'how to make cotton candy without a machine'. They took a bunch of different parts and basically made a DIY cotton candy machine. It was like watching an episode of stupid mcgyver

I remember watching "how to make a gift box out of a toilet paper tube". You flatten one end and glue, then proceed to paint , glue and staple at least 300 beads, sequins and pieces of ribbon to said toilet paper tube. At this point so much stuff is glued together, you don't even need a tube in there. Then you put your gift in it. Of course the gift can't be any bigger than a thimble, sooooooo that sorts of limits things.

Now I might tell my 4 yr grandkids, here are tubes and scraps of stuff , go make something. But this person must have spend hours on this, when it was sounding like a 5 min. craft.

I love reading life hacks. But some things floor me.

My yahoo home page is flooded with the excitement of someone discovering a new wonderful thing about disposable salad bowls with dressing containers. Not that this product exists, but that the product she has been buying for who knows how long with the dressing bowl attached and directions in a picture on the front will actually - gasp!- hold salad dressing! She's a genius!

I still love life hacks, but the remind me of the fabulous diet tricks that used to abound. Switch to skim milk? Why didn't anyone ever think of that? Genius!
I saw this this AM and like you thought, OK, it's clearly explained on the front label. After skimming the article I thought this is less a "hack" and more of a slow person finally caught up to the rest of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter