light cards

wendlle

Aussie Wendy
Am I correct in thinking that the only ships that need a card for the light slot are Wish, Fantasy and Dream ??

We did not need a light card for the Fantasy or Wish that I remember. We have not sailed on the Dream.

Last edited:
We sailed on the Wish last July and there was already a light card in the stateroom. I was just a plain white card so I'm guessing DCL now has a supply of them to place in the staterooms before you arrive.

We did not need a light card for the Fantasy or Wish that I remember. We have not sailed on the Dream.
We actually needed one on the Fantasy when we sailed last March. The only reason I remember this is because someone in our FB cruise group made us some and we ended up using it again when we sailed on the Dream last June.

Maybe we did need a light card but we just used an old hotel card - now I cannot remember. Definitely in the Magic two weeks ago we didn’t. Sorry for the error!

Yes, I'd bring an old hotel room card or a rewards card or something. Its also a pretty popular FE gift if you're into them! :)

We use old KTTW cards as light cards, but I've purchased cute light cards off Etsy as gifts for friends going on the Dream or Fantasy for the first time :)

You might also want to bring a chip clip with you for the Dream & Fantasy to hold the light card onto the wall when you're out of the room. I've had stateroom hosts remove the card from the slot before.

I'm confused with some responses. I thought sure there was a blank white card in the light switch on the Magic just 3 weeks ago. It was there when we arrived and remained there for the trip. With it in lights responded as normal switches. Fantasy also had the slot but we used our own.

I'm confused with some responses. I thought sure there was a blank white card in the light switch on the Magic just 3 weeks ago. It was there when we arrived and remained there for the trip. With it in lights responded as normal switches. Fantasy also had the slot but we used our own.
You are correct, in that you are confused. Neither the Magic nor the Wonder require a light card to activate the stateroom lights, based on our 20 sailings on those two ships. That came on board with the Dream, and continued with the Fantasy and Wish.

You are correct, in that you are confused. Neither the Magic nor the Wonder require a light card to activate the stateroom lights, based on our 20 sailings on those two ships. That came on board with the Dream, and continued with the Fantasy and Wish.
Yes I am thinking Wish but writing Magic. Mind is slipping, rough day

We have an old KTTW that we attached a small magnet to by glue (one of those old real estate magnets we get every football season) just took a small piece and attached it with some glue. That way when we leave our room, we pull the card out, attach it to the magnetic wall and it is there for the next time we want to use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter