Lightening Lane and Dining Reservations Conflict?

FINNZUP

Always planning the next Disney Vacation
Just curious… What happens if you get a (precious!) Lightening Lane return time that conflicts with an existing dining reservation in another park/Springs? Since you can’t get the Lightening Lane before the day off (and no choice for time!) and it will be too late to cancel dining without penalty, you‘ll get dinged with a dining charge for being outside of the cancellation window? :(

Just curious… What happens if you get a (precious!) Lightening Lane return time that conflicts with an existing dining reservation in another park/Springs? Since you can’t get the Lightening Lane before the day off (and no choice for time!) and it will be too late to cancel dining without penalty, you‘ll get dinged with a dining charge for being outside of the cancellation window? :(
Multiple reports on these boards indicate that you should keep your ADR, then go late to your LL. Be prepared to show the CM your dining reservation in MDE or your receipt from dining.

I'm not positive but I think you can book your LL time assuming you are talking about the individual lines that you pay extra for. I've watched several videos and the person has always booked her ILL for certain times.

I'm not positive but I think you can book your LL time assuming you are talking about the individual lines that you pay extra for. I've watched several videos and the person has always booked her ILL for certain times.
It tells you a time and you can book or wait. But you don't really have a choice per se. And on a couple of attractions, if you wait for the time to change, you won't get one at all.

You can choose a time for your ILL$ but not for Genie+ LL rides. That’s an important distinction. Some Genie+ LLs are hard to get, so it’s easy to end up with one that conflicts with an ADR.

We had conflicts this last trip and went to the ILL CM and she said to go to the ADR for sire and come back later. I had planned to keep the dinner receipt but she said no worries. We came back after dinner and breezed right through.

We just did this with Spice Road walk up for CP seating and the Remy VQ - no issues at all arriving the Remy late. Our server confirmed it would work fine.

Multiple reports on these boards indicate that you should keep your ADR, then go late to your LL. Be prepared to show the CM your dining reservation in MDE or your receipt from dining.
This has been the consistent report. Rarely is the receipt asked for, but would keep it just incase.

We just did this with Spice Road walk up for CP seating and the Remy VQ - no issues at all arriving the Remy late. Our server confirmed it would work fine.
Virtual queue is different. They will let you in any time after your boarding group has been called.
It says you have one hour… but because the “estimated time” to when it is called can often be a moving target— meaning it may initially estimate a 120 min wait for your BG, but then when you check an hour later you find it’s suddenly gone down to 10 min, or more often, that it’s still at 90+ mins (not to mention showing up to find the ride is down)— the CMs are very flexible for the most part. They know that you can’t just be waiting around doing nothing while your boarding group wait time is changing unpredictably.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter