• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"lighter day" or longer hours.

Sherry Couch

Earning My Ears
I am just starting to plan first trip to Disney. I am trying to decide what days/what parks. We will be arriving in Florida Sunday December 2 and leaving Sunday December 9. I am traveling with myself, my husband, my 9y/o dgt and my parents ( who will have been to Disney recently and will only be joining us on MK and AK days.). Before I looked at schedules and calendars I was thinking M:Ep, T: Mk, W: HS, T: rest day, F: AK S: Mk. I am starting to rethink that looking at crowd calendars though. Mk is only open 8-6 on Tuesday. Crowd level is 3/10 though. It is open till Midnight on Saturday when we plan to go a second day but I am not sure WE will make it that late. From what I am looking at EP hours and crowd levels are the same Monday and Tuesday. But MK hours on Monday are better (8a- 11p) but more crowded. 6/10. Given that would you do MK Monday or Tuesday?

Absolutely 100% for sure Tuesday (a party day - that's why the park is closing at 6p).

If you are planning on doing two days at MK, I, personally, would do one party day (the day it closes at 6 pm) and one non-party day so you can see HEA in the evening (yes, it will be crowded). If you have no interest in seeing HEA, I would do all party days.

Party day closes at 6,but they let the party goes in at 4, so from 4-6 it will be very crowded

If you are planning on doing two days at MK, I, personally, would do one party day (the day it closes at 6 pm) and one non-party day so you can see HEA in the evening (yes, it will be crowded). If you have no interest in seeing HEA, I would do all party days.

I agree with this. To me, it's more about whether you want to see HEA or not. Crowd calendars have zero accuracy, ditch them. I'd suggest doing MK on Monday, but only because of HEA. As stated, the hub will be very crowded, but if you've never been before, HEA is worth it.

I would look into park hoppers. during party season it is helpful to go to MK on a party day because crowds tend to be less. Then the non party nights are busier. On the MK non-party days with hoppers you can go to another park for the earlier part of the day and then just go to MK at night (which is a must see) to see the HEA fireworks. If you do have a little money to spend spring for the HEA dessert party as this will guarantee a great spot with low crowds for viewing the MK fireworks.

You just then have to work your other parks around the MK days

We always go to MK on a party day (we go at rope drop), and the crowds are definitely a bit lighter. Plus if you get there early, you usually have gotten to do a LOT of stuff (we are always ready to go by 5-6:00). But I would definitely make sure to go back to MK for a time you'll be there at night. HEA is indeed great- but for me it's not even just that. It's the atmosphere of MK at night. The castle lit up (especially at the holidays when it is "iced")- is magical, and my favorite thing at MK :)

The least crowded I’ve seen MK in many years was on 11/30/17 when there was a CM party that evening and the park closed early (4:00 if I remember correctly). It was amazing, walked on many rides. Normal party days are great too, as long as you’re out by4:00. Last trip, we did all our MKdays (except 1 for HEA) on party days, then hopped elsewhere in the evening. Worked great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter