• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lighthouse Point Excursions Being Announced

These excursions definitely increase my interest in cruising to Lighthouse Point! So many that focus on the ecology and history of the island. I am kind of disappointed that we wouldn’t be allowed to drive on the buggy tour - we’re too old - but there are alternatives.

These excursions definitely increase my interest in cruising to Lighthouse Point! So many that focus on the ecology and history of the island. I am kind of disappointed that we wouldn’t be allowed to drive on the buggy tour - we’re too old - but there are alternatives.
I saw the age requirements on that too. So if you can't drive the buggy because of the age restrictions will they provider a driver to drive?

Has anyone ridden in a buggy before? Is it really rough like they are saying in the disclaimers if you have certain health conditions to avoid this excursion?

One thing to add is the cabanas. They will range from mid 500-mid 1300 to start, depending on which beach you choose and the size of the cabana. To launch they will have:

Family Beach
13 normal sized cabanas
4 grand cabanas
1 accessible normal sized cabana
1 accessible grand cabana

I forgot the exact number of serenity bay cabanas (I think it is 7), but I know there will be one accessible cabana and at least one grand cabana on serenity bay.

Unfortunately, no updates on the exact amenities at each beach. We tend to stick with the family beach cabanas on Castaway as they have beach chairs vs Serenity bay where the cabanas are set off to the back and there are no dedicated chairs. Hoping more info comes out about them soon!

One thing to add is the cabanas. They will range from mid 500-mid 1300 to start, depending on which beach you choose and the size of the cabana. To launch they will have:

Family Beach
13 normal sized cabanas
4 grand cabanas
1 accessible normal sized cabana
1 accessible grand cabana

I forgot the exact number of serenity bay cabanas (I think it is 7), but I know there will be one accessible cabana and at least one grand cabana on serenity bay.

Unfortunately, no updates on the exact amenities at each beach. We tend to stick with the family beach cabanas on Castaway as they have beach chairs vs Serenity bay where the cabanas are set off to the back and there are no dedicated chairs. Hoping more info comes out about them soon!
I saw a post on another social media site that showed prices ranging from $963 and grand family cabana was $1,375. Wondering if DCL will hold back cabanas for people that book in royal suites or if everything will be based on time submission? Does anyone know success rate in seconds of when your email goes out that is a predictor of a good chance to score one?

I saw a post on another social media site that showed prices ranging from $963 and grand family cabana was $1,375. Wondering if DCL will hold back cabanas for people that book in royal suites or if everything will be based on time submission? Does anyone know success rate in seconds of when your email goes out that is a predictor of a good chance to score one?
Those are the correct prices for family cabanas. Adult cabanas are 523-963 to start.

Not sure about the royal suite aspect. We try to send in out request at exactly 12:00:00 and I have heard from Shoreside that depending on the sailing sometimes not even all of the emails with that timestamp get cabanas on Castaway on the Wish.

Those are the correct prices for family cabanas. Adult cabanas are 523-963 to start.

Not sure about the royal suite aspect. We try to send in out request at exactly 12:00:00 and I have heard from Shoreside that depending on the sailing sometimes not even all of the emails with that timestamp get cabanas on Castaway on the Wish.
out of curiosity how do you get your requests in exactly at that time? Do you do scheduled emails. I'm worried with scheduled emails there may be a few seconds of delay on that.

I am loving all of the historical/ecological tours! This is a big part of what I love about cruising. Exploring and getting to know the places I'm seeing. Sure I love a beach day as much as the next person but I am really loving some of these exploration type excursions! That's what I plan to do when we go!

I am loving all of the historical/ecological tours! This is a big part of what I love about cruising. Exploring and getting to know the places I'm seeing. Sure I love a beach day as much as the next person but I am really loving some of these exploration type excursions! That's what I plan to do when we go!
Those historical/ecological tours are what got me interested in visiting Lighthouse Point at all. We are not beach people, but I might enjoy a little bit of beach time along with one of those tours.

Me too! We are on the first cruise there in June so we will have one beach day and then one historical exploring day! I cannot wait!

Wishing now we had a LP double dip instead of one day. I really want to just enjoy exploring and looking around since it will all be brand new. We have our own snorkel gear, so I'm sure we'll do some snorkeling, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter