Lightning McQueen at Hollywood Studios?

Gari14

Mouseketeer
Im off to Orlando next summer with family members including my two nephews and my niece and after my 3 year old nephew see the footage I captured of Lightning McQueen I captured during my time at California Adventure in June, He keeps asking me if he can meet him when we go to Hollywood Studios next year but am I right in saying that the only way to meet him is at Cars Land in California Adventure?

Although he and Mater were at DHS for a few years, both are now long gone at WDW.

Sorry.

They were in Lights Motors Action and had a meet and greet but both are gone. You can see big statue figures of them though at Art of Animation resort

Only place to get a pic with Cars characters is at Art of Animation. You could visit the resort without staying there
Cars%20at%20Art%20of%20Animation%2020130705-l-L.jpg

tow_mater_aoa.jpg

Thanks for the replies, guys. He's going to be devastated that he can't meet them, but at least I can take them to Art of Animation to see them in "statue" form.

I wish there was a Cars Land in Florida too, but being as Cars is set along Route 66 and DCA is in California, I can understand why it's an exclusive to that park. It's just a shame that they don't have some sort of presence at DHS as my nephew adores Lightning McQueen

I wish there was a Cars Land in Florida too, but being as Cars is set along Route 66 and DCA is in California, I can understand why it's an exclusive to that park. It's just a shame that they don't have some sort of presence at DHS as my nephew adores Lightning McQueen

I really toyed with doing DL next time, for Cars Land. My kids love Cars.

I really toyed with doing DL next time, for Cars Land. My kids love Cars.

Cars Land is by far the best "themed" area of any Disney park in the USA.
Radiator Springs Racers is, IMO, the greatest "Disney-type" attraction since Splash Mountain and Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye.

Cars Land is by far the best "themed" area of any Disney park in the USA.
Radiator Springs Racers is, IMO, the greatest "Disney-type" attraction since Splash Mountain and Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye.

How does it compare to Test Track? My kids were terrified of Test Track - the dark, how jerky it was, the transport that comes right at you... they both left the ride sobbing.

How does it compare to Test Track? My kids were terrified of Test Track - the dark, how jerky it was, the transport that comes right at you... they both left the ride sobbing.

Its fantastic and they'll love it more than Test Track as its Cars themed and you're racing another car alongside you all alongside the mountains that feature in the movie. Its absolutely beautiful. Its a little dark inside before you go on the track, but as its Cars related, Im sure they'll be fine. How old are they?

The statues in Art of Animation are pretty much what they were at the Meet and Greet & at California Adventure - you're not missing much in terms of meeting the characters by taking them to that resort. Plus the resort was more themed than the meet and greets were, so I'm sure he'll enjoy that.

The statues in Art of Animation are pretty much what they were at the Meet and Greet & at California Adventure - you're not missing much in terms of meeting the characters by taking them to that resort. Plus the resort was more themed than the meet and greets were, so I'm sure he'll enjoy that.

The difference is the ones at DCA move and he'd absolutely love that. I know the ones at Art of Animation will be great and he'll love them, but at the back of my mind, Ill always be thinking 'theres a better version of him elsewhere'

Its fantastic and they'll love it more than Test Track as its Cars themed and you're racing another car alongside you all alongside the mountains that feature in the movie. Its absolutely beautiful. Its a little dark inside before you go on the track, but as its Cars related, Im sure they'll be fine. How old are they?

They were 8 & 5, will be 10 & 7, though one has a sensory disorder and the other, ASD. So theyre a bit more sensitive that way.

They were 8 & 5, will be 10 & 7, though one has a sensory disorder and the other, ASD. So theyre a bit more sensitive that way.

Ah, ok. My best advice would be to show them some videos of the ride on YouTube and then if you do end up going to DL, let them watch the ride as it goes around the track as there are certain sections where you can see the ride from the outside. That way, you'll be able to tell if they'll be comfortable with the ride or not.

If you do end up going to DL, your kids will absolutely adore Cars Land as it really is majestic and I've never seen anything does that well in any other Disney parks. The way its all set up like the film is incredible and it actually feels like you're part of the movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter