Lights switch-on in Radiator Springs?

Hobbes

DIS Veteran
What time roughly do the lights switch on in Radiator Springs? Is it around sunset? We are wanting to ensure we are there for at least one switch-on during our visit and it looks like sunset will be around 6.30, so we will miss 2 as they are OBB nights and we will already be chucked out of DCA!

What time roughly do the lights switch on in Radiator Springs? Is it around sunset? We are wanting to ensure we are there for at least one switch-on during our visit and it looks like sunset will be around 6.30, so we will miss 2 as they are OBB nights and we will already be chucked out of DCA!
Yes, sunset! And TOTALLY worth planning around!

Thanks to both of you-we have been after dark but never for the lighting up!

It seems to be a little before sunset. It's not actually dark yet when it happens. ...and the 'sh' boom' is the best part of the day in CA :flower:

Do they still do the ShBoom moment if it's an Oogie Boogie Bash night? We have park hoppers, but it's a short trip, and that might be the only night we for sure will be in DCA around sunset for my trip next month.

I knew the Lighting programmer for Cars Land at one point...it is either 2 min before or 2 min after after (can't recall which) official sunset time for that day.

As official sunset time changes each day, so does the lighting ceremony.

Cast member will just say "around sunset" as an official answer.

That's the music they play during the lighting. It's the same music they play in the movie.

They have a different version of the lighting during the Halloween season so that's not the version OP will see.

I usually see it around sunset plus or minus 5 minutes. So arrive a few minutes before sunset and be ready to wait until a few minutes after sunset.

They have a different version of the lighting during the Halloween season so that's not the version OP will see.

I usually see it around sunset plus or minus 5 minutes. So arrive a few minutes before sunset and be ready to wait until a few minutes after sunset.
Oooooo! I didn't know that! Don't tell me the song or anything. I don't want spoilers. :) But OMG I am excited to know we'll have another fun little something during Oogie Boogie Bash. :)

Holy Cow!! I didn't realize that was a thing at Cars Land.
Just when this Disney Dad thinks he has it all figured then, Wham! there is something new. Add this to the list of a rezzie at BB and watching for the Bounders. Gotta luv it!

We like to see the lights of CarsLand come on too.
Before our trip I go to this website to see the time for sunset at DLR.
Enter your dates to see the sunset time.

I have heard the lights begin to cycle on 15minutes before sunset.
We try to get there early to grab a snack and find a bench with a nice view and wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter