Lilo and Stitch

Well, there is one little bit of "foul" language... BUT IT'S IN AN ALIEN LANGUAGE... so you never really now what he's saying. :p

It's at the beginning, at the trial when he is given a chance to speak for himself... the only way you know he said something shocking is because, well, the other characters are shocked. :D

I was giving my nephew 6 a hard time, he just had a birthday and got the Stitch PS2 game... he's been saying that something something Christa phrase from the movie/game because it just sounds neat. I told him he was cussing in alien, but then we laughed about it (just trying to give him a hard time, not ideas).

Anyway, I liked L&S much better than Scooby Doo.

Speaking of Scooby Doo... the Park/Island they went to had attractions called "It's a Dead World" and the "Splatterhorn"... my brother and I also noticed a few drug use gags (like the smoke pouring out of the Mystery Machine and what you hear Scooby and Shaggy saying) and Velma does get drunk I believe (but the Scooby Poo line isn't in the movie).

Thank you everyone for your thoughts on this movie. We haven't gotten around to seeing it yet, but I was also wondering why it was rated PG.

Hopefully we'll get out to see it within the next couple of weeks. :)

Can Strich talk in a human voice or an alien voice,even though he comes from another planet.

It's an alien voice but he learns to speak English throughout the movie.

DH and I just took our boys (ages 4 1/2 and 8) to see Lilo & Stitch today as a matter of fact. CUTE! No cpmplaints!
This was actually our 4 1/2 yr old's first time going to the movies. He's seen live shows at a local theater (Blue's Clues, Scooby Doo,etc).

My DD (5) cried during the movie. She felt sad A LOT during this film.
She was not scared, she was overwhelmed with all of the sad emotions arising from various tense situations in the film. There is very little happiness for any of the characters until the end. Other Disney flicks at least had some musical numbers to break up the tension and let you just enjoy the beautiful animation. If your kids are very sensitive, I would think twice about submitting them to LILO and Stitch. BTW, my DS (10) loved this film, so I am not knocking it , just trying to give a heads up.

Lodgelady, you are right on the money. We loved the movie (DD's 4 1/2 and 8) but we did quietly discuss the issues w/Lilo and the infamous Mr. Bubbles. There were many young children crying and upset during the movie (most 3-5 yrs old). We can't wait to visit WDW in October and see Lilo in person!

Just wanted to let everyone know of a great website that I found awhile back that answers those nagging questions like "Why is this movie PG?"and "Is this movie really OK for my child?". The site is http://www.kidsinmind.com . I'm in no way connected with the site, it just has great info on every aspect of every movie that is released, along with those on video so that parents can make informed decisions. Give it a try--bet you'll bookmark it as we did!

Berta

Thanks Berta for the link.

Also, Lodgelady, you are correct. After reading what other parents thought about L & S, I let DS 6.5yo see it with a friend's family. DS liked the movie but said that it was sad. He is my sensitive one.

Maybe I'm alone but I LOVED Lilo & Stitch. Like Bambi, I was crying within the first 10 minutes of the movie. That's how I can tell it's a good movie;) . I think it was rated PG because there is some nose pickin and guns.

Scooby on the other hand I thought was tottally inappropiate. On top of the fact it just wasnt that good. The only thing that saved it is the fact that all lude scenes happened rather quickly.

Back to Lilo. Did anyone else see the picture of Mulan in her room?

With out giving the ending away, I guess it all ends happly ever after?.Also is there a cartoon with the film, I ask these questions, as I,m off to America in September/October, so I might get to see Lilo and Strich.

Nope, afraid there's no cartoon short with L&S.

There is one with Men In Black II. We weren't expecting it and there it was.

Let's see... Disney... happy endings... naw, never happen ;)

I think you are wrong.What about the happy ending in Beauty and the Beast,and the ending in little Mermaid,so Disney films do have happy endings after all.

We took our kids, 6 and 7 on July 4th. They especially loved it because of the stress on family. My kids came from Russia to find their forever family and they were very moved that Stitch came from another planet to find his.

I admit, I was on the verge of tears through some of it, but that was me internalizing the movie and how it is to be alone and separated from your family... thinking about what my kids went through.

I had no idea the movie was PG. IMHO, I think some of the Batman and Spiderman cartoons that I watched when I was growing up were as bad or worse.

We went and saw both Lilo and Stitch and Scooby Doo at the Drive-in with our 2 year old ds on the 4th of July. We liked Lilo and Stitch (the soundtrack is great :D ) . There was a lot of sadness in it like others have posted that I'm sure would upset a very sensitive child but overall it was a cute movie. Scooby Doo, on the other hand, was possibly the WORST movie I have ever seen in my life. Most of the drug "in-jokes" will go right over a young one's head (Example: When Shaggy meets a girl on the plane he exclaims "Mary Jane, that's my FAVORITE name!") but the movie is just bad. There are a lot of creatures that would scare a child -- not my ds who for some reason loves all things scary but he is only 2 so that may change when he gets older. I was actually thinking he would watch Lilo and Stitch and then fall asleep before Scooby because I wasn't sure if it would be appropriate but he stayed up through both and even cried when we tried to leave early. The only good thing about the movie was that Scooby himself is very cute but I was very disappointed overall. I would reccomend Lilo and Stitch but not Scooby. JMHO :D !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter