• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lilo & Stitch update

Peter Pirate

Its not the end of civilization...But you can see
Mon 5,108,107
Tue 5,117,696
Wed 5,118,406
Thur 4,965,695

7 days 55,570,116

Movie experts: How does this bode for our final numbers? All opinions welcome, of course!
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

Well it seems to be tracking the numbers from Tarzan pretty closely. Tarzan ended up with $171 Million, so at this point, I would expect it to end up somewhere around $170 Million.

Interestingly enough, Tarzan opened June 18, 1999 and the following weekend the #1 movie was "Big Daddy". This year, L&S opened on June 21, and the #1 movie this week will likely be "Mr. Deeds", another Adam Sandler film.

There seem to be a lot of parallels between L&S and Tarzan as far as the box office is concerned, so I don't think the assumption that it will end up with approx. the same amount is out of the question.

This one feels like Tarzan II with about 15% more in total take.

As I posted on another thread, I believe L&S has a real shot at doing $25m (28% dropoff) this weekend. That would push it over $80m through weekend 2. It's mid-week numbers are better than Tarzan, so we could possibly see a $27m or $28m weekend.

After the second weekend, Tarzan posted mostly $3.5m weekdays running up to the 4th of July. L&S could easily do that. The timing of the 4th makes for a potential 4 day weekend. I don't think MIB II nor the Powerpuffs are going to significantly get in the way of L&S.

If L&S reaches $82m by Sunday, another $18m is not out of the question for next Mon-Thu. A $20m third weekend (Tarzan did $19m for weekend 3) would then peg it at $120.

My bet is that it's legs are comparable to Tarzan (which ended at $171m) and we are looking at a "down to the wire" race to get to $200m.

Well, speaking strictly as a 'Technician' (I have no insight into the business, just looking at the numbers), I think it bodes very well for the 2nd of AV's scenarios - it has legs and will go over $200M.

This puppy may be showing legs - the numbers for the weekdays are steady (ie not really declining) - the next 'test' will be this weekend. Based on the numbers so far I'm guessing this weekend will add another $25M (~25% week to week decline), maybe as high as $30M (~15% week to week decline) - And if that range happens L&S is going on past $200M.

In fact if the decline this weekend is only 15% L&S is probably going past $250M by Labor Day. WoW, it's been awhile since that happened...

Joel Siegal Gave it a Glowing Review this morning on Good Morning America (I guess I shouldn't trust it huh?)
That is good.

Im happy to say that i underestimated the amount of money the movie will make!!!!! It will be interesting to see how well the movie does with alot of competition coming up in the next few weeks.

$6.6m today (Friday) I was hoping for about $8m. Now it needs to average more than $9m Sat and Sun to get a $25m weekend. It matched Tarzans second Friday almost exactly (and Tarzan went on to a $24m second weekend.) We'll see after tomorrow, if it can manage $9m or a little more it's still on track.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter