Lilo's In at #1!!!

meowthew2

Mouseketeer
Woo hoo! Yeah! Estimates for Friday's box office have it bringing in $12,300,000 for Lilo & Stitch -- $1 million more than Minority Report -- making L&S the #1 movie this weekend!

Its is a good start, but the numbers arent over whelming. Scooby doo made over 19 mil. its opening friday. We will have too se how the rest of the weekend pans out but it is a good start.

One thing I noticed was that L&S was only playing every 2 hours FrIday at our local cinema, which made it difficult for me to fit into my schedule. I thought it was a bad choice considering that school lets out before 3pm. They could have done a better job with regard to availability for the family crowd, which will no doubt make up the majority of the take. I hope the Sat & Sun showings are a bit tighter, even if only to make it more consumer/family friendly.

Monsters, Inc had a 50% increase on Saturday and then matched it's Friday number on Sunday. If Lilo follows suit (or even close) it could do $40m this weekend. Which is WAY above what both the Guru and The Numbers were projecting. Projecting even further into the future, with 5x opening weekend, Lilo would have the potential to hit $200m. That may be a big stretch, but who knows. This one may have good legs. The audience reaction seemed great today. I'll post my thoughts on it after I see it a second time tomorrow.

Sometimes it can help when the reviews are good, also, and the critic websites are giving it a thumbs up. I see its got a good score in the 80s from www.rottentomatoes.com and a one thumb up from Ebert.

We're going tomorrow to catch it!

Its a good Film and it Looks like Another Voice has been spreading the word, because the Theater Was packed.

Box office estimates for the weekend are $35.8M. Estimates have it right behind Minority Report, but when the exact figures come out on Monday, L&S is very likely to be #1 for the weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter