Lily's back and she's going to Disneyland again -viral video

IDoDis

Knows the password to get into the Moose Lodge
I'm sure many of you remember the viral Youtube video of the little birthday girl named Lily whose mom gave her a Disney backpack filled with Disney stuff and then surprised her with a trip to Disneyland for her birthday. Lily was so happy she cried tears of joy.

Well, it's 2 years later and her mom surprised her again with yet another trip to Disneyland! Here's the video of the mom telling Lily that they are going to Disneyland:

http://gawker.com/parents-surprise-daughter-with-disneyland-trip-get-pri-1391775128

The face Lily's little sister makes when Lily cries tears of joy is priceless! She's like :confused3. Soooo funny! If you've never seen the original video of the surprise trip announcement to Disneyland, it's linked in the above article & video link.

Lol...I have seen both videos but never even realized they were the same kid. Oh Lily, you silly girl. Don't you know by now the surprise will always be Disneyland? ...Lol..I'm going to laugh if they're still doing these videos when she's 16. Whoever finally proposes to her when she's grown had better be sure it's a surprise and there's something about Disneyland in there. She's a cute kid. I love it. Her sisters a doll too.

I have a question about her seatbelt.

I noticed that she was sitting in a booster but isn't wearing the seatbelt. In the comments of the video linked above someone stated that she is sitting in a booster using a lap belt only.

Do they make cars that have a separate lap belt when clearly above her left shoulder is the shoulder belt? I have never seen that, so I am curious.

If it doesn't fit right, i've seen the shoulder tucked under the arm rest or placed behind the child.

I was thinking the same thing, but figured maybe the belt over her shoulder is the belt for the third row. Is that possible? But still don't know any boosters that you use without the shoulder belt.
Donna

If it doesn't fit right, i've seen the shoulder tucked under the arm rest or placed behind the child.

But the whole point of the booster is so the head is the right height on head rest and the shoulder belt fits correctly?

I am still confused by the comment under the video.

That isn't legal though. All booster seats must be used with a lap/shoulder belt combination. If the booster doesn't allow the kid to sit properly, they need to find a higher weight/height 5 pt harness or different booster.

ETA: I just watched the video and the shoulder belt just hanging there is for her seat. It is possible they pulled both parts (shoulder/lap) down to go under the arm rest of her booster and it just goes across her lap, but that is no legal. And for the commenter who posted that picture of a booster and said it's for a lap belt - they are totally wrong. That is just a backless booster (meaning the child doesn't need the belt positioner anymore), but it still requires a shoulder/lap belt and for it to be used correctly.

That isn't legal though. All booster seats must be used with a lap/shoulder belt combination. If the booster doesn't allow the kid to sit properly, they need to find a higher weight/height 5 pt harness or different booster.

ETA: I just watched the video and the shoulder belt just hanging there is for her seat. It is possible they pulled both parts (shoulder/lap) down to go under the arm rest of her booster and it just goes across her lap, but that is no legal. And for the commenter who posted that picture of a booster and said it's for a lap belt - they are totally wrong. That is just a backless booster (meaning the child doesn't need the belt positioner anymore), but it still requires a shoulder/lap belt and for it to be used correctly.

Thank you. This was my understanding as well but I am not that up to date with the seatbelt laws. We just use our backless boosters and 5 pts as we always have.

I love both of the videos so much. My friend and I quote the original one all the time. "Are you joking?" (the way she says joking is just so funny) "We goin'?"

Also her sister's face is really excellent juxtaposition.

Sounds like the ding that reminds you to put on your seat belt.

I didn't mean for the thread to veer off topic to seatbelts, but that's what I thought, too! Either the seatbelt sensor is sounding, the driver has the emergency brake on, or a door is ajar. Since Lily is not wearing a seatbelt across her shoulder, it seems logical that the dinging is because she doesn't have a seatbelt on. The dinging goes away after awhile, but then after the dad stops at a stop sign and then starts driving again, the dinging returns.

Also off topic, but I wondered why she disliked school so much! Most little girls her age LOVE or at least like school. She must only be in the 1st or 2nd grade. Maybe she has a mean, boring teacher?? :confused3 I'm a teacher and rarely see a child this age not like school. Okay, my brother hated school in the 2nd grade, but his teacher spanked the kids and was really mean! When they heard her keys jingling down the hall, the whole class got so quiet in line outside of her classroom door that you could hear a pin drop.

Sounds like the ding that reminds you to put on your seat belt.

I didn't mean for the thread to veer off topic to seatbelts, but that's what I thought, too! Either the seatbelt sensor is sounding, the driver has the emergency brake on, or a door is ajar. Since Lily is not wearing a seatbelt across her shoulder, it seems logical that the dinging is because she doesn't have a seatbelt on. The dinging goes away after awhile, but then after the dad stops at a stop sign and then starts driving again, the dinging returns.

Also off topic, but I wondered why she disliked school so much! Most little girls her age LOVE or at least like school. She must only be in the 1st or 2nd grade. Maybe she has a mean, boring teacher?? :confused3 I'm a teacher and rarely see a child this age not like school. Okay, my brother hated school in the 2nd grade, but his teacher spanked the kids and was really mean! When they heard her keys jingling down the hall, the whole class got so quiet in line outside of her classroom door that you could hear a pin drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter