• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lime green still in use?

JenniBarra

Mouseketeer
Since this was brought up in a resort specific thread, I thought a larger audience could be found on the Community Board. Historically, lime green was used as a way to identify other Dis'ers in the parks. Does anyone still follow this tradition?

sure was, and every week there was another dis meet, I miss them days (I never went but miss them, lol)

I remember when we all voted on the color many moons ago.

Some people still have them. I have some hanging on my backpack. I think I used a chip or two. Every time I passed them I thought of you all. :D

I still have my lime green Mickey heads! I made them into luggage tags and laminated them; they are still on our backpacks. I also have lime green ribbons on tiny safety pins that we wear at WDW. I've never had anyone approach me when I'm wearing them, but it's a WDW/DIS tradition for us!

Whatever happened to DIS meets? And sharing an Illuminations cruise? NtveTxn (I think that was Katholyn's screen name) used to organize and update these by month, years in advance. I met one of my very best friends throughout the Illuminations Cruise sharing thread, back in 2003!

Of course... I really miss the Debate Board. Can you imaging if it was "alive" these days???

We're going to WDW in Feb and I have my green Mickey for my window...just in case anyone wants to say hi!

Does anyone still follow this tradition?
Some of us still do. However, at least on the cruise line, the lime green mickey head identifier has been pirated away by groups on other social media sites.

Our last cruise on the Magic, I saw a large group of people with cards in their lanyards that had this image and a group name:Swirlmh.jpg

I asked one of them what their name was on the DIS and I got the deer in headlights look back from her. Turns out their FB group leader emailed everyone the image and told them to wear it onboard so they could all find each other.:sad2: She had no clue what the DISboards even was.

I still have a LGMH on one of my bags! Those were fun days. Most people welcomed a quick 'hello'. BUT, some didn't. I remember saying hi to one lady. We were in line at Soarin', her backpack had a couple of the LGMHs hanging off it. Okay. So, I said 'Hi, I'm goofy4tink from the DIS'. She looked at me as though I had two heads or was going to attack her. Her response? 'Good for you' and turned away. I was a bit hesitant after that!!!!!

I bumped into someone in the resort elevator a few years ago while I had my LGMH on my bag. She had one too. She said "Do you DIS?" To which I replied "Yeah! I'm Jennasis on the boards." She made a face I interpreted as disappointment and disdain LOL and not another word.

Since this was brought up in a resort specific thread, I thought a larger audience could be found on the Community Board. Historically, lime green was used as a way to identify other Dis'ers in the parks. Does anyone still follow this tradition?

In all my trips, I've never seen anyone with lime green. I remember there was a dis meet schedule for my hotel pool. I dropped by the pool and no such meet was taking place. Must have been cancelled.

I know there still are Dis Meets, more so on the Disney Cruises. Facebook pages get started, but they also get started for the month that you are going to Disney, so maybe do a Search on Facebook, and start talking with people.

I used to have a tag made from the paint chips on my park bag, but it never came to anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter