Limit on number of fellow travelers?

dvc one day

Mouseketeer
I have traveled with 5 or 6 people a few times, but this trip we will be a group of 9 at times. Is there a limit on the number of people that go with me on the rides that have an alternate entrance because of stairs (I'm thinking splash, BTMRR, ST, and TSMM)? If we are split up, how will the extra people be handled?

I have traveled with 5 or 6 people a few times, but this trip we will be a group of 9 at times. Is there a limit on the number of people that go with me on the rides that have an alternate entrance because of stairs (I'm thinking splash, BTMRR, ST, and TSMM)? If we are split up, how will the extra people be handled?

If you have a GAC, then only 5 other people can go with you. If you don't have a GAC, you probably won't be able to use the alternate entrance anyway. If you are split up, then the others will have to go through the regular line. It sucks, but that's how it is. I went to WDW last year with my parents, my sister, her husband, their 4 kids, my brother, his wife, and their 3 kids. My dad is in an ECV, so he always get a GAC. We did have to split up. I remember on Jungle Cruise my mom, dad, and 2 of my nieces rode together while the rest of us waited in the regular line. Luckily, the lines weren't too bad and we ended up being a boat behind them. :p

If you don't have a GAC, you probably won't be able to use the alternate entrance anyway. :p

The rides I listed have alternate entrances because there are stairs in the standby line and therefore inaccessible for someone in a wheelchair (GAC makes no difference in these cases).

Bummer about needing to be split up, even though I understand why. Maybe we will end up touring separately some. Either way, I know we will have fun.

If there is a group of nine and you are trying to keep them together, I hope you have lots of experience in herding cats!

If there is a group of nine and you are trying to keep them together, I hope you have lots of experience in herding cats!

Very True. I do not feel obligated to stay with them all day, though. If it goes badly, i have no problem splitting and touring separate for a while.

Was just trying to see what would happen at these rides if we did arrive together.

We traveled in early March with 11 people and split up on the attractions, usually with all of them going through the regular line as there are many things I can't access with a power wheelchair. If I was also riding then we took the max of 6 with me and the others went through the regular line. We tried to use fastpasses as much as possible. It says clearly on the GAC that only 6 are allowed to ride together so fastpasses are your best friend. :-)

I know your question was in particular on rides, but don't forget parade areas that are set aside for those in wheelchairs, etc. 6 are allowed in total. We usually let those who haven't been recently use the 5 spots with my mom and her wheelchair. The rest of us have had no trouble finding spots nearby.

We had the same issue and used the fast pass to accommodate the extra people. Worked out fine and they were only slightly faster than we were.

We use fast passes fairly consistently, so I am not overly concerned about any of this. I have only used GAC once (it does not do anything different for me than just showing up and the CM seeing me in the chair) and assumed the 6 person limit applied even when you did not have one. Wanted to make sure though. We do RD as well, which makes a difference.

I know your question was in particular on rides, but don't forget parade areas that are set aside for those in wheelchairs, etc. 6 are allowed in total. We usually let those who haven't been recently use the 5 spots with my mom and her wheelchair. The rest of us have had no trouble finding spots nearby.

Wow, you must travel at off-peak times! I suppose it depends on crowd levels, but in our experience we've been told only 1 person allowed in the parade viewing area with the w/c or ECV. When there are a lot of w/c or ECVs, they will line them up pretty tight across the front of the reserved section and one other guest may stand behind. The rest of the party is asked to watch from another location. We don't typically use the designated seating areas anyway so it hasn't been a problem for us; I don't always feel that's the best viewing for parades.

When my husband and I went down there with my mom (who uses an ECV), they would only allow one of us in the parade viewing area with her. I went in and stood behind her and my husband stood just outside the roped area. This was in early Dec and the second time was in Sept, so neither were busy times. Maybe it depends on the CM.

edited: Oh, I see LaneJudy had the same experience we did. Maybe you were just lucky dreamscometrue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter