Limited choices due to last minute people addition.. What would you choose?

What would you choose? Any comments welcome

• Frontera Cocina

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • House of BLues

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Terralina Crafted Italian

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Enzos Hideaway

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Bongo's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iwannbindisnee

DIS Veteran
CUrrently we have a reservation for Bongos Cuban Cafe for 6 of us on 10/14. I read mixed reviews, but I wanted to get something quickly so we had a meal..
Here are my parameters:
1) It must be at DS.
2) reservation must start between 6:45 & 7:45 ( due to other activities)
We have never been to any of these. We will have the TIW, and also AP & DVC if that matters for your choice. We have never been to any of these & most & one of the couples have never been to DW as adults, so I've tried to give them some memorable but good food for the week. This is my last day for choices.
These are my choices, besides Bongos, based on everyone's food "likes", budget & if we are already going to a restaurant that week:

Frontera Cocina
House of Blues
Terralina Crafted Italian
Enzo's Hideaway

Thanks, Everyone.

I've been to quite a few of DTD restaurants and would list Bongos and Fontera at the bottom, both not only for food but for service.

How about Boathouse (you can book that on opentable). I would choose Enzo's since I haven't eaten there yet. House of Blues is just okay IMO.
The Edison?

I've been to quite a few of DTD restaurants and would list Bongos and Fontera at the bottom, both not only for food but for service.

How about Boathouse (you can book that on opentable). I would choose Enzo's since I haven't eaten there yet. House of Blues is just okay IMO.
The Edison?

We are already eating at both Edison & Boathouse, that's why they were not an option. Last time we ate at House of BLues, my DH was not impressed but that was years ago, so I was hoping it was better. :worried:

House of Blues is a chain and you can find one in many major cities. We avoid this one (and Rainforest/T-Rex) because of this. I voted for Enzo's Hideaway because of its unique theme.

Given your list, I would try Terralina as its new.
I would skip HoB, as that is available many places.
Enzos would be a close second, due to the unique theme. Haven't read much about the food.
As mentioned, the Boathouse has been popular as another option.

I've had good experiences with House of Blues, personally. I've been there at least twice. Both times I went with only one other person and I ordered a spicy chicken pasta dish (I think it might have been called Cajun pasta?) that was delicious!

The only other one on your list that I have been to is Bongos. My experience there was ok. I was by myself, it was lunch time on a weekday and the place was empty. They sat me on the outside patio area which was nice, but then some guy walked up, stood maybe 10 feet away from me, and lit up a cigarette. I had to go inside and ask someone to ask the guy to not smoke right in front of me. I would probably try it again, but only if I could sit indoors.

Frontera Cocina has great reviews. I'm going there for the first time next month.

Bongos was pretty enjoyable as well. Would go there again.

House of Blues seems pretty good, too, and has solid reviews.

I was thinking of Enzo's but the reviews were a little mixed and I wasn't sure I liked the atmosphere.

I don't know the other one - so many new places in just the last couple of years.

For any DS restaurant, I'd also check opentable for reservations or try calling directly. Not all available reservations are offered thru Disney site. This should offer you more options.

I've had good experiences with House of Blues, personally. I've been there at least twice. Both times I went with only one other person and I ordered a spicy chicken pasta dish (I think it might have been called Cajun pasta?) that was delicious!

The only other one on your list that I have been to is Bongos. My experience there was ok. I was by myself, it was lunch time on a weekday and the place was empty. They sat me on the outside patio area which was nice, but then some guy walked up, stood maybe 10 feet away from me, and lit up a cigarette. I had to go inside and ask someone to ask the guy to not smoke right in front of me. I would probably try it again, but only if I could sit indoors.

I would have done the exact same thing...Thanks . Debbie

Dh and I went to frontera last week and had a good meal, service was fine too but nothing special. I haven't eaten at enzos but we visited the bar in there and loved the setting so I'd edge more towards that just for the ambiance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter