Limited offerings in Cabanas right now

Queenofthecastle

<font color=red>I may be the Queen, but the Tag Fa
Just a heads up to set expectations for those that haven’t sailed yet post Covid. Yes, it’s nice that they serve you whatever you want instead of the normal self serve buffet style, but the selections are extremely limited. I mean *extremely*. And I get that because the number of guests do not support the full buffet at this time, that the offerings would be much less but I guess I had still expected more than what I saw.

Yes, they still had crab claws and peel and eat shrimp. For the other main offerings on embarkation day I stood in one spot and picked out what I wanted, took one step to my left to pick out my sides, and that’s it. The dessert offerings were the same though…abundant. 👍

I also missed having corned beef hash(or “cat food” as my husband calls it) in Cabanas but they had them in the menu in the sit down restaurants.

Just a heads up to set expectations for those that haven’t sailed yet post Covid. Yes, it’s nice that they serve you whatever you want instead of the normal self serve buffet style, but the selections are extremely limited. I mean *extremely*. And I get that because the number of guests do not support the full buffet at this time, that the offerings would be much less but I guess I had still expected more than what I saw.

Yes, they still had crab claws and peel and eat shrimp. For the other main offerings on embarkation day I stood in one spot and picked out what I wanted, took one step to my left to pick out my sides, and that’s it. The dessert offerings were the same though…abundant. 👍

I also missed having corned beef hash(or “cat food” as my husband calls it) in Cabanas but they had them in the menu in the sit down restaurants.
Yes, I sailed the Magic last month and had low expectations going into Cabanas, and the offerings were even lower than my expectations. It isn't about there not being enough guests for them to afford a variety of food- it's about DCL's decision to create a lot of stations which each offer the same items, in an attempt to distance passengers. It doesn't work and they should drop it. It might have worked back when they were sailing with well under 1,000 passengers, but those days are over on most of the sailings. There are people everywhere onboard, including Cabanas, and plenty of lines and crowd situations. So for them to ruin Cabanas for the sake of an unsuccessful attempt at distancing is unfortunate.

Interesting that you mentioned the corned beef hash. They actually did have that on my sailing & I made the mistake of trying a bite, which I didn't swallow. Ugh, dog food.

Last edited:
Just got off the Fantasy today. Found the luncheon items very limited, used to love eating there at lunch, not this time. Thank goodness they had my favorite for breakfast, Mickey waffles, and I do enjoy the corned beef, lol. We ate our lunches on deck. Can’t wait for more offerings at lunch.

We have sailed 3 times so far and ate in cabanas 2 meals every day. Guess we are the odd men out because the limited menu didn’t bother us in the slightest. All we needed were Mickey waffles to be added back in the morning, and they were on our last cruise.

Someone please confirm there is oatmeal in Cabanas, its my favorite thing for breakfast there, well the hash browns too.

No self-serve is bad enough. No self-serve and limited choices would really bum me out.

I don’t sail again until May, so I can only hope that those restrictions will be lifted in the next six months.

Yes, lamb chops were available in Cabanas on the 11/1 and 11/5 Dream sailing.
Enjoy!
Off topic - do you by chance have screenshot of your 11/5 Navigator? We’re sailing 11/19 and looking for those for Very Merrytime. Would love a DM

We returned on Monday from a 3 night Dream. They had hot oatmeal and grits at breakfast plus a ton of cereals and fruit, and an omelet station. The only bummer I had was no roast beef on embarkation--they had a small piece of beef but it wasn't very good, certainly not as good as having the server carve you a piece. But tons of shrimp and crab.

We returned on Monday from a 3 night Dream. They had hot oatmeal and grits at breakfast plus a ton of cereals and fruit, and an omelet station. The only bummer I had was no roast beef on embarkation--they had a small piece of beef but it wasn't very good, certainly not as good as having the server carve you a piece. But tons of shrimp and crab.
So they had the made to order omelet station, or just omelets sitting out to be served?

Off topic - do you by chance have screenshot of your 11/5 Navigator? We’re sailing 11/19 and looking for those for Very Merrytime. Would love a DM
BlueFairy, sorry to say I do not have a screenshot of the Navigator.
But, the wait staff provided us with 2 menus so we can decide what is for dinner the following nights
Hope this helps.enchanted_garden_page1.jpgenchanted_garden_page2.jpgenchanted_garden_page3.jpgenchanted_garden_page4.jpgpirates in the caribbean page1.jpgpirates in the caribbean page2.jpgpirates in the caribbean page3.jpgpirates in the caribbean page4.jpg
Enjoy your cruise!!!
Glen

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter