Limited Time Magic?

Don't like the name. Kind of like most of the themes, but in another way, I just hope there is nothing too exciting for our week, because I would rather low crowds. LOL There is always UNLIMITED magic at Disney, who needs the limited stuff. LOL

Thumbs down.

Thanks for that.

But, without anything to compare size in the shot, I can't tell if that castle is
this big:

Or this big:

(Or some other size.)

How about this?

"YJMM"

"You Just Missed the Magic"
Looks like someone took their "Glass Half Empty" pill this morning. :eeyore:

(For what it's worth, the Disney Blog article about the promotion mentions that the ice castle was "three-stories tall", so the context was there all along.)

:earsboy:

On first glance it sounds fun. I guess I'll have to wait and see what else is revealed. I do like the long lost friends, but the ones they mentioned don't sound so long lost to me. I would like to see Esmeralda and Clopin or Hercules and Meg. I remember meeting them forever ago!! Those are long lost...

I hope when they say valentines day week they mean Monday to Sunday week not a week from
Valentines day we leave on valentines day and I would hate to miss out x

Well it's working on me.... We're less than a month from our last trip, and I promised I'd wait until 2014 for the next trip.... But I just can't resist "unleash the villains"! I'm a huge villains fan and although I said I'd never go back in Sept (too hot & humid) I can't miss that week. What if this is the only time they have it?

Yeah, I'm a sucker. :p

I know..it's the night BEFORE we check in..seriously thinking about rearranging our dates..

I think the new theme is pretty cool! It doesn't sound like Disney is releasing all 52 weeks to the public so it will be magical to those that don't read the Dis. Obviously the Dis will be posting everyone's experiences so we will know what's going on!! It's really no different than reading when someone gets a magical fastpass or a magical upgrade. Some get them, some don't. So it's the same with the different themed weeks IMO. Some will get the weeks that the theme might be better than others. But in the end, everyone gets something magical.

MJ6987 said:
Haha when I saw the title of this thread when it first popped up I honestly thought it was someone making a sarcastic reference to the fact that Disney has reduced Evening Extra Magic hours to 2 hours. That's what it sounds like, what a weird name for a promotion!! I am no marketing person but I'm sure I could have come up with a better name given 10 minutes to think about it.

Ha! I thought the exact same thing! Especially since so many DISers were bemoaning the new shorter hours. Very unfortunate name, coming on the tail of Disney announcing that they will be limiting the EMH.

How about this?

"YJMM"

"You Just Missed the Magic"

So I'm reading this thread at work and I just busted out laughing!!
That is hilarious!!
:rotfl:

I agree with most of you...that name is terrible!
I am excited to see what happens during my week...and if nothing amazing, I'll still be happy to be there.

I think I will feel a lot better about the promotion if they DON'T release the themes of the weeks ahead of time.

I can already estimate that September 13 will be insane if not only simply due to the amount of people who have already said they're going on here! :crazy2:

I think the crowds will be more spread out throughout the year if the weeks are not announced far in advance.

But doesn't that dash of the unexpected appeal to you? The idea that despite all the planning and the show schedules and the meet-and-greet strategies and the parade viewing plans and the ADRs that have been in place for half a year...that something entirely unscheduled might reveal itself at the last minute? Something that you've never even read about?

It's this aspect of the promotion that I think is great! I hope they don't reveal calendars and schedules for these events; it would defeat the whole spirit of the theme! Clearly some dates have already been announced, but I hope that as the year unfolds, most of the events are kept as true magical surprises.

I know I would love to discover something entirely unexpected on my next trip! That's magic! :)

:cheer2: YES! YES! YES!!!! This is exactly the point...and exactly the reason why I LOVE the idea!!!!
So happy that someone else "gets it"!!!!!!!!! :cheer2:

Instant Magic!

Pop-Up Magic!

Surprise Magic!

Flash Magic!

A Flash of Magic!

A Flurry of Magic!

Sudden Magic!

Unexpected Magic!

Found Magic!

Magic Unleashed!

How about:

A Spoonful of Magic!

I'm super excited about this promotion! I'll be going 4 times in 2013 and therefore will get to experience 4 different 'themes'. :cool1:

Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter