• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Limited Time Magic?

If I can vote to see Oswald during the long lost characters week then it will all be worth it!

I agree about the name and the fact that announcements will be "leaked" spur of the moment. The majority of the general public cannot just leave on a moment's notice (nor can they afford it.) I know that the thought is that you just plan your trip, and whatever ends up being your week is a fun surprise, but this is the DIS. We're serious Disney fans on here. If you offer up something like villains or rare characters and then we end up going during a week where they're doing something totally random it'll be hard to swallow. In fact, I would be bummed if I was there for the villains week. I really don't like the whole "villain" thing, and I'd be disappointed if the theme of everything, everywhere during my vacation focused on them.

I guess I'm assuming that there will be magic happening all year long. So, yes, locals will be able to take advantage all year long -- like they can no matter what the promotion is. But the point is, that when you are there -- whenever that may be -- there will be something unexpected for you to discover, track down, and enjoy! There will be surprises awaiting you on your visit...ones that you can not pre-plan and schedule around...because then they would not be surprises! :goodvibes

I guess I didn't read it that way. I hope that is the case.

clarkfamily said:
Ok...so lots of you don't like the name, but I think that much of the point of this kind of promotion hasn't really been discussed yet in this thread.

It sounds like there won't be calendars and schedules and announcements of these themes and events...and instead, the information will be "leaked" using online outlets and social media...which makes for unexpected, last-minute, hurry-or-you'll-miss-it, can't-believe-your-luck, did-you-hear-what's-happening-right-now magic!

This sounds so exciting to me.

Don't get me wrong, I am as hardcore a planner as most of us here. I plan out nearly every detail of our trip before we go.

But doesn't that dash of the unexpected appeal to you? The idea that despite all the planning and the show schedules and the meet-and-greet strategies and the parade viewing plans and the ADRs that have been in place for half a year...that something entirely unscheduled might reveal itself at the last minute? Something that you've never even read about?

It's this aspect of the promotion that I think is great! I hope they don't reveal calendars and schedules for these events; it would defeat the whole spirit of the theme! Clearly some dates have already been announced, but I hope that as the year unfolds, most of the events are kept as true magical surprises.

I know I would love to discover something entirely unexpected on my next trip! That's magic! :)

I totally agree! That is what makes Disney so magical every day - the chance of unexpected Pixie Dust. :)

I guess I'm assuming that there will be magic happening all year long. So, yes, locals will be able to take advantage all year long -- like they can no matter what the promotion is. But the point is, that when you are there -- whenever that may be -- there will be something unexpected for you to discover, track down, and enjoy! There will be surprises awaiting you on your visit...ones that you can not pre-plan and schedule around...because then they would not be surprises! :goodvibes

:thumbsup2::yes:::worship:

Starclassic said:
I honestly can't believe how many people are complaining about a name... :confused3

Just seems a bad marketing move to use a negative term like limited. That's just me though.

I don't like that the Villains thing is just one day. I love the Villains and wish that they were somehow heavily featured all year long.

As for magic surprises, that's OK but only time will tell if that really has any substance.

How about this?

"YJMM"

"You Just Missed the Magic"

Which reminds me of my favorite signs. (Hangs in a bar.)

-----------------------------------------------------
FREE BEER
....................Yesterday
-----------------------------------------------------

:wizard: I am very excited. I cant wait to see what will happen when we are there. Our trip is 10 days so we will see two weeks of surprises.

Who cares about the name......just show me some pixie dust!:banana:

That's how I took it. I'm sad knowing I will more than likely miss the long lost characters, and the villains in September... but I was going without any of those things!

Plan you're trip as normal - no matter when you're coming they'll be something extra that only the guests that week will experience! And hey, if you do a midweek to midweek trip, maybe you'll get two!

I've read through all of the posts and for the most part, I think I'm with the consensus on the excitement of a new promotion and not being a fan of the new promotion. I've never seen so much "hate"(,the word being used by many,)towards an idea in a while when not so much details have been shared yet:confused3. Disney is known for making trips memorable, in the positive, regardless of what the promotion would be. I'm staying optimisitc about this all and want to see what weekly offerings may appear on my January trip. :cool1:

I feel that for those who "NEED TO KNOW" what's going on before their trip, they're kind of overthinking it all. Disney wants the ideas to be spontaneous:duck:. As much as I love planning a trip, I realize that thinking too much about a certain plan or agenda can take away from the spontaneous interactions that can happen on a Disney trip whether it be across the country in Florida or right in my California backyard at Disneyland. Like others have said...it's most likely things will get leaked through the unmagicalness of social media:surfweb::badpc:. Personally, I find it a little annoying when a few others ruin the surprise, but if it helps others, power to you.

I see a lot of people saying that there's a possibility that they may not enjoy their vacation knowing their trip is a few weeks before/after something is offered, but at the same time, they would have gone to WDW without anything going on to begin with:furious:. Like all things Disney Parks/Resort-related, I'm sure everything is optional. So if you get something awesome during your stay...great. If you don't...there's still plenty of other great things to do.:hippie:

I love the idea but i don't like the name. It sounds like a limited time product you would find in the grocery store.

Sounds like a fun year ahead.

Went outside for lunch today and snapped this picture of the Ice Castle

IMAGE78DFE6BBF85B6E02_zpsd3f9d133.jpg
And what a great picture!!! That thing looks huge!

:goodvibes:goodvibes

Exactly! You and I are completly in sync lynypixie!!! Over the years I have had many people say rude things about my kids not remembering it or why I would spend so much money when they are too young to enjoy it...

They dont get it or they choose not to. My DS3 was so over the top to meet Darby, Pooh and Tigger from "his show" - they were now officially his buds! And my DD3 believed she met the real Tiana when she was Tiana courtesty of BBB and that Naveen was confused which one was the "real" Tiana! Then as soon as we entered Pixie Hollow just before close in Toontown, Rosetta ran to DD3 - so excited to see a little girl in HER dress and made a huge deal of my DD3 and also made for one of our most memorable moments of her young life.

The time to have the experiences I list above IS limited... obviously there are many other magical moments to be had, but each visit is different as we all age and have other life experiences. :wizard:

In english it might not be pretty, but it is true. If you can do it, do it. Time does fly! While the often used english phrase "available for a limited time" makes for catchy ad copy and is pretty commonplace, I totally LOVE :lovestruc the french word and description you give - far more pretty:

Éphémère means something that lasts only a short moment.

But still the same essential meaning. Thanks SO much for the bonding moment!

I wish you and your little girl princess: a most magical trip! By 4.5 my DD was transitioning from princesses into barbies... she still enjoys Disney a ton at age 6 but it is different and going during that "believing" phase is a complete joy!

Sydnerella's mama

Yup, exactly. Yesterday will never hapen again. It's all about that moment in time that is just so special. You may or may not go back to Disney World, but that moment will last forever because it was so unique.

That's what they want to create. Unique. Stuff that you won't do over and over again.

Yes, it sucks that we can't do all of it at the same time, but it's kind of saying you get a special limited edition of WDW. Both with unique memories you create, and with limited editions of special features.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter