• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Limited Time Menu released for California Grill

Didn't load exactly...here's a pic.

Attachments

• cgs029384029840293482039482342.jpg
    cgs029384029840293482039482342.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 177
We are in general huge Cali Grill fans but kind of underwhelmed by this menu. I’d like to eat there when we go next month but I’m having a hard time getting excited by this menu. Although we could grab the reservation and then cancel it if we change our minds.

So I'm curious do we think 100% that ONLY the prix fixe menu will be available? Or this is just in addition to the regular menu? A) There's no way I could eat all of that food. B) There's no way I'm paying $89 for my 11 year old to eat there. Currently she can order off the kids menu and they don't blink an eye.

We're gonna try for reservations. The cost (without tip) is less to go to cg and space 220 than an after hours ticket. And we'll have money left over for beverages

Right now I’m not thrilled about the options or pricing for my 11 year old 🙁

To get an idea, look at the current CG kids' menu. It will probably be similar.
True. Big price increase though. The current kids selections are in the neighborhood of $15. Kids menu now will be $39 and a lot of kids in that 10-13 range will have to pay &89!

True. Big price increase though. The current kids selections are in the neighborhood of $15. Kids menu now will be $39 and a lot of kids in that 10-13 range will have to pay &89!
'Appetizers' are extra though.

They'll probably add some kind of fun dessert like the gummy fish sushi or some ice cream parfait with pop rocks and cotton candy.

Not disagreeing with you, it will be more, but they want you to pay for those fireworks seats.

A) There's no way I could eat all of that food.
I could eat all that food

I literally cannot unless I’m prepared to be quite sick later that night.

there are so many people on health essential restricted diets (ex: diabetes), not exactly inclusive to them plating up all that food.

Of course the option is there to pay up & decline some items or take a forbidden bite then, let it get tossed in the garbage. :sad2:

I’m stuck on just seeing one lone sushi roll :oops:

IMO They are going the easy way out on this. why not just come out with it & impose a cover charge? why not a minimum $ expenditure PP/table on Food & Beverage

raising the prices on the kid menus so high is a veiled attempt to make the atmosphere more adult. Can’t say I think that’s necessarily a bad idea.:duck: Disclosure, i took my kids there too, on occasion:rolleyes1it usually went well, enough. the proper pacing of the meals there really is a challenge for most youngins at the end of a long Disney day IMO.

I really think they will adjust portion sizes on the food. Especiallly if they see that people are not finishing the courses.

So I'm curious do we think 100% that ONLY the prix fixe menu will be available? Or this is just in addition to the regular menu? A) There's no way I could eat all of that food. B) There's no way I'm paying $89 for my 11 year old to eat there. Currently she can order off the kids menu and they don't blink an eye.
That's my question as well. I am kind of picky and the prix fixe menu I'd have to ask for some tweaks but I could order off regular menu more easily.

That's my question as well. I am kind of picky and the prix fixe menu I'd have to ask for some tweaks but I could order off regular menu more easily.

Every indication points to this being the menu going forward for the 50th event, and not in addition to the regular menu. The ADR even lists it as “California Grill 50th Anniversary Dinner” (but the menu attached to the ADR still shows the old menu…I’m gonna guess that’s just Disney IT being Disney IT).

A favorite pastime when I travel solo is having a relaxing evening of drinks and noshes at the bar at CG. With the new prix-fixe menu in effect, is this no longer an option?

Just an FYI - the soufflé is no longer on the menu. It’s been replaced by crème brûlée as of a few days ago. Our server told us the soufflé was terrible and not well received, so they ditched it. To be honest, the brûlée wasn’t great either. Dessert was the weakest course of the meal for both me and DH. I had the five bites, and he had the brûlée.

A favorite pastime when I travel solo is having a relaxing evening of drinks and noshes at the bar at CG. With the new prix-fixe menu in effect, is this no longer an option?
When we were there, the bar was still open, but it is only a few seats. What used to be the lounge area is now restaurant seating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter