Linda & Dave's Wedding 6/21/11: WP/Off Property/Morocco;Wedding day:pre-ceremony pics

Super great idea about the socks!!! DF is one of those obsessed Red Sox fans and socks would be a perfect way to incorporate it into the wedding. Gosh, you are giving me so many good ideas today. :littleangel:

I'm sorry you aren't getting the "Disney magic" from your consultant. I don't blame you for being annoyed. One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone promises something at a certain time and doesn't come through, ESPECIALLY when I'm paying for a service. My advice would be to keep at it, the squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that.

I'm a little worried because my sales consultant has been nothing but amazing and accommodating so far and I'm wondering if it's just because I haven't signed my contract yet, lol. :laughing:

I need a hug. . .and a hot fudge sundae.

Sigh. Yet another school disruption today. A water main break in our building occurred at about 7:10 this morning when students were already in transit. So, they brought the kids in until 8:30 when the buses would be free to take the kids home; they had to stay in homeroom for an hour (that was one heck of an hour with my 8th grade homeroom). Faculty had to stay until noon. We had a faculty meeting and then department meetings. If we needed to use the bathroom, we had to walk to another building. Did I mention I walk with crutches? Did I mention I live in the Northeast which has been covered with ice? Needless to say, I put my water bottle away and held it til I got home. We were allowed to leave at noon.

This is the second water main break in less than 10 days. And that's on top of six snow days. And there's a chance that it won't be repaired by tomorrow; we were told to check the school's web site to see if school is in session. And there's another storm coming Monday night into Tuesday. And we are only in the beginning of February.

Did I mention I am freaking out about being able to leave for my wedding? I did talk to my union president today about what some of my options may be if I need to leave before the end of the year. I know it will work out; it's just added stress.

And I STILL don't have pictures of the flowers my florist was supposed to send me over a week ago.

I'm starting to think the Universe is conspiring against me. . .

On another note, I'm glad you all like the sock idea. I really wanted to be able to incorporate DF's team into the wedding somehow, but we don't need a groom's cake and I'm not wearing a garter, so this works for us!

Big ol' hug :hug: and sending some pixie dust your way! pixiedust:

I hope everything gets better for you!! That stinks about the water main breaking and all those snow days, and crutches?! You poor thing!!

Are you just worried about leaving before school is out? Or do you not have enough paid leave days? You should be done with testing by then right?

I had 6th grade first blocks... and when we had stuff like that it was torture!!! All the teachers would just stand at their doors in the hallways- as if pleading saying GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!

Hope you hear from your florist soon!

Thanks!:)

The problem is that as teachers we don't really have paid leave time. We get two personal days a year (if you don't use them, they roll over to sick days the next year) and ten sick days. I've already used one of my personal days. I'm holding on to that other one at this point, although I was going to try to take it the Friday before my wedding shower (not happening now). I have sick days accumulated; the issue is going to be whether I am allowed to take them or not. I may have to take days without pay. I don't think admin is going to tell me that I can't go; it's just an issue of figuring out how I'm going to get the days off.

:hug: What bad luck you are having with your school! At least you will be able to work something out, I'm sure, but it's really super frustrating. I haven't worked in two weeks because of all of the snow days, plus I don't sub on certain days because I have grad class. I can usually get three days of subbing in a week, but I've done nothing for two weeks. I'm getting a little bit worried, hopefully next week we'll be in better shape.

Try your best to think of positive thoughts, like how happy you'll be when the wedding actually comes around! And I'll keep my fingers crossed that there is no more snow!!

I just found your PJ - love your ideas and your colors!! I also have Tanis for our VR in April.

Even though we're planning a VR - I have "bridal envy"! At first I wanted the whole dress thing and all (basically a re-do of our wedding). I tried to convince my DH too. But...then I thought about...our VR is about us and we should do not what everyone else is doing, but do what will make us happy. so I had to rethink my "priorities". :rotfl:

I still call our VR our "re-wedding" but since we had already done the whole "white wedding/church thing" this is our "fun wedding".

Anyway - just wanted to say I love the way you & your DF met! DH & I met in a bar and here we are still in love after 20 years. :)

Can't wait to hear/read more!

I'm only on page 3 of your PJ, but I must say I LOVE wordles. I used to put all of my term papers in a wordle to see if I over used a word (for those of you unfamiliar with wordles- the more you use a word, the larger it is in the picture). I think it's a great idea to put your vows in a wordle, what a wonderful keepsake you'll have! I may borrow this idea when the time comes!

Ladies,

Thank you so much for your kindness! I've been so frustrated with things beyond my control lately, and I really appreciate your comments.

I still haven't received the pictures my florist told me I'd have in two days. It's been two weeks. I sent an email at one week, and was told by her assistant that they might be stuck in her outbox and that she'd check in to it. It's been another week with no word, so I just sent another email. :confused: I don't understand what the delay is.

I don't know how I ever missed reading your PJ! I saw your post in another thread about Escape Weddings and decided to check it out. I just read through the whole thing!

I love all of your plans. I really like your idea of having everybody involved in the sand ceremony, what a cute idea! I also felt the same way when first walking into the Wedding Pavilion. There was just no other place in my mind after stepping foot in there.

I also had Tanis as a planner and trust me, she is really wonderful. During certain times of the year it gets really busy for them and response time can be a little longer. She was amazing on our wedding day! She felt like a close friend. :cloud9: Rosie can be really slow at responding, at times I felt extremely frustrated. In the end she nailed my vision so it all worked out even though I was always stressed over it, lol. I don't remember how long it took to get our LOA back but I think it was a few months.

I totally understand your feeling about all the extra's. I see others pics with the characters, the carriage, etc. I wanted all of that too but I still felt that our wedding day was very special and I didn't even miss them on the day (just when I look at others pictures :rotfl:)

Everything is going to be beautiful, I can't wait to read more!

Thanks, Deb! I loved your PJ and TR. Your wedding was beautiful.

I've been away from the disboards for awhile for a number of reasons. We've had some issues in the past few weeks. First, DF's sister and BIL were in a bad car accident and totaled their truck; BIL has to go for physical therapy on neck and upper back, but they are both lucky to be alive. A few days after that, DF's mom had a mini-stroke. She was hospitalized for a few days while they played with her meds, but is doing fine now. That was scary, though.

I was taking an accelerated grad class with a semester's worth of work crammed into 9 weeks. I just finished that up on Thursday (I submitted my final project 3 days early, I'll have you know!) so now I have more time to focus on wedding stuff, and I can return to my beloved disboards! :banana:

Since my last post, we have had two more snow days, one of which was today. I keep telling myself it will all work out simply because it has to.:sad2::sad1:

On a positive note, there are only 33 days until my shower and 106 until the wedding! I can't believe we are almost in double digits!!!!! We also got a "draft" of our BEO (a few too many mistakes for my liking, but we'll work that all out).

As I've mentioned before, I have an orthopedic disability since birth and walk with forearm crutches. My current pair are a light purple. When I first joined the boards, one of my first posts was what to do about the crutches. I didn't know if I wanted to stick with the light purple, get light blue as my something blue or white. Per some suggestions, I went with the white and added light blue crystals on the bottom to make hidden Mickeys for my something blue. Here's how they turned out:

crutches.jpg

I think they turned out cute :)

Thanks, Deb! I loved your PJ and TR. Your wedding was beautiful.

I've been away from the disboards for awhile for a number of reasons. We've had some issues in the past few weeks. First, DF's sister and BIL were in a bad car accident and totaled their truck; BIL has to go for physical therapy on neck and upper back, but they are both lucky to be alive. A few days after that, DF's mom had a mini-stroke. She was hospitalized for a few days while they played with her meds, but is doing fine now. That was scary, though.

I was taking an accelerated grad class with a semester's worth of work crammed into 9 weeks. I just finished that up on Thursday (I submitted my final project 3 days early, I'll have you know!) so now I have more time to focus on wedding stuff, and I can return to my beloved disboards! :banana:

Since my last post, we have had two more snow days, one of which was today. I keep telling myself it will all work out simply because it has to.:sad2::sad1:

On a positive note, there are only 33 days until my shower and 106 until the wedding! I can't believe we are almost in double digits!!!!! We also got a "draft" of our BEO (a few too many mistakes for my liking, but we'll work that all out).

As I've mentioned before, I have an orthopedic disability since birth and walk with forearm crutches. My current pair are a light purple. When I first joined the boards, one of my first posts was what to do about the crutches. I didn't know if I wanted to stick with the light purple, get light blue as my something blue or white. Per some suggestions, I went with the white and added light blue crystals on the bottom to make hidden Mickeys for my something blue. Here's how they turned out:

crutches.jpg

I think they turned out cute :)

Awww! :hug::hug: Sorry you have had such a rough patch!! I hope everything is good with BIL, DF's Sister, and DF's Mom! I am sending pixie dust their way!! pixiedust:

Congrats on your Grad class!!! :woohoo: That must be such a relief!! AND who wouldn't love to have more time for wedding stuff and Dis boards!!! :yay:

Your countdown is getting soooo close!!! How exciting for you!!

What a cute way to decorate your crutches! :goodvibes

My goodness I'm sorry you've had to go through all of that! I hope everything is looking up! :wizard:

Yay for the grad class!! Congrats!

And the wedding is getting closer!! I'm glad you'll have more time for the boards now!!!

And I love the Mickey's!

Wow you have been through so much lately!!! I'm so sorry :hug: but I'm glad everything is looking up. I love the hidden mickey's on your crutches. So cute!

I'm so sorry to hear what's been happening with your family! :hug: Thank God that in the end everyone was okay.

And welcome back! I've missed seeing your posts. Congrats on finishing your course too!

And I love the "hidden mickeys" that is too cute :goodvibes

Hello there.....just got done reading your PJ....Love all your ideas, your dress, shirts that you made, and your hidden mickeys on your crutches!!! I hear what you are saying about bride envy.....I wish I could have all those things too, but it's just not going to happen, so I need to be happy with what I am getting....:) And I am!! Glad to hear that you are feeling better about things, and congrats on your grad class!!! Go you!! :worship: Sorry to hear about all of those snow days cutting into your time to leave for the wedding! What part of Pa do you live in? We live in Erie, Pa, so I am no stranger to tons of snow!!! Hope to hear more soon...:)

I ordered really cute postcard shower invitations from a seller on Etsy. She did such a great job that I asked her if she would design our wedding invitations for us. We only need 10, and it killed me to pay well over $100 for a minimum of 25 invitations when 15 of them would get tossed in the trash.

They've been designed for quite some time now, and I did post them on the invitations thread, but since our date is officially ours now, we've gone ahead and ordered them. These pics are going to be huge, but when I tried to resize them, you couldn't read anything.

Invitation:

Invitation.jpg

Hi! Would you mind sharing the etsy seller who did these? I love the design and would love to see if she has any thank you cards!

Highlight of my day was when the mail came. My iron on sparkly transfers arrived!:banana: I ordered them from the seller PeaceLoveRhinestones on etsy after reading someone else's PJ.

I ordered tanks from this seller too! (I am not even going to TRY to put them on myself...I don't do DIY!) I ordered one that says Bride in Disney font with the carriage and one that says Just Married with a slipper. She's so great to work with!

When we picked our date, we looked at the school calendar. Our last day was scheduled for June 8th. Leaving June 17th and getting married on June 21st looked fine, even with a few snow days.

Yeah. Little problem. We are only in January and have already had four snow days, with a possibility of a fifth on Thursday. And on top of that, we didn't have school today because of a water main break.

I know about stressful timing! I am a teach too! My last day of work (post-planning) is the day before my wedding! Luckily my principal said that if I get my room done on Thursday, I can have Friday off.

Oh, and I just subscribed to your PJ...love it and am getting married a week before you!

Hi! Would you mind sharing the etsy seller who did these? I love the design and would love to see if she has any thank you cards!

I ordered tanks from this seller too! (I am not even going to TRY to put them on myself...I don't do DIY!) I ordered one that says Bride in Disney font with the carriage and one that says Just Married with a slipper. She's so great to work with!

I know about stressful timing! I am a teach too! My last day of work (post-planning) is the day before my wedding! Luckily my principal said that if I get my room done on Thursday, I can have Friday off.

Oh, and I just subscribed to your PJ...love it and am getting married a week before you!

dmarieP is the name of the Etsy seller who did our invitations. I recommend her.

The iron on transfers weren't hard to do. I was super nervous because I have no DIY skill, but I didn't have any problems.

We had today off for yet another snow day. There's a chance for a delay tomorrow, more snow Sunday and more snow Tuesday. I'm starting to think Mother Nature doesn't want us to get married.

Good luck with the rest of your school year and the wedding planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter