Lindsay and Chris PJ! WP/Italy Isola/AAR...Disneyland Paris Honeymoon added 7-19

Wow you got a quick start! :goodvibes:

From your vendor reviews it sounds like you had a great day. Sorry about the hair and makeup drama, but glad you were able to get it fixed in the end.

awww lin - Ross and I LOVED the rehearsal dinner - it was fabu!!!!! I don't think that there was anyone that didn't like it. Especially when they sang Happy Birthday in Japanese.

The hair and makeup ladies were great but I agree that the one girl should have introduced herself - she did such a great job on everyone's hair - i wish we knew her name (if anyone kows her .. shes the one that is Asian and Scottish - I asked her).

All in all Lin - I thought it was a beautiful wedding (Ross won't stop talking about it). Everything was beautiful and I'm sure it will be a day you won't forget.

I think its great that you posted such great reviews. I know I never gave anyone grades either :) I can't wait to read more and to see some pictures ;)

i'll add onto the GF cafe breakfast...

it was OK, there were several things that went wrong; hair in food, things not coming out on time or at all and then the plates coming out looking different or having different things on them (including toast with one, but not the other, different mixed fruit on each plate etc). they lost my parents reservation and there was some drama finding it. when they originally booked the breakfast, they were given a menu and then the menu (along with pricing) changed drastically. i know that pricing is subject to change, but it would have been nice if they had let my dad know, since he made the reservation for 30 months prior.

it was OK, there were several things that went wrong; hair in food, things not coming out on time or at all and then the plates coming out looking different or having different things on them (including toast with one, but not the other, different mixed fruit on each plate etc). they lost my parents reservation and there was some drama finding it. when they originally booked the breakfast, they were given a menu and then the menu (along with pricing) changed drastically. i know that pricing is subject to change, but it would have been nice if they had let my dad know, since he made the reservation for 30 months prior.
I agree with Caryn on the breakfast - it was OK - the food was good but very pricey - they lost the reservation that my dad made forever ago and then they pulled some things off of the regular menu (all of the wrong things) to cover it all up - The servers were VERY nice and friendly - but I would say from start to finish (from when my dad try to book the place like a year ago) to the actual meal .. I would describe it as "ehhhh" -

Dad says while I am typing this that "they only thing that really bothered me was that the menu was completely different than it was when we booked it"

I agree with Caryn on the breakfast - it was OK - the food was good but very pricey - they lost the reservation that my dad made forever ago and then they pulled some things off of the regular menu (all of the wrong things) to cover it all up - The servers were VERY nice and friendly - but I would say from start to finish (from when my dad try to book the place like a year ago) to the actual meal .. I would describe it as "ehhhh" -

Dad says while I am typing this that "they only thing that really bothered me was that the menu was completely different than it was when we booked it"

Funny that you mention lost reservations. I think Lynn5700 had the same problem last year for her post-Escape lunch. They showed up and were told by GFC they didn't have a rez. Luckily it got straightened out, but no exactly the stress you want on your wedding day. She also got a lot misinformation and flack from the manager about custom menus. All in all, it seemed very stressful.

Based on all I've read, it doesn't seem like GFC ranks too highly in the customer service department. :confused3

BUT...I'm glad you guys had such a fantastic trip/wedding and you didn't let it affect your weekend. :) Congrats again, Lindsay! :woohoo:

Funny that you mention lost reservations. I think Lynn5700 had the same problem last year for her post-Escape lunch. They showed up and were told by GFC they didn't have a rez. Luckily it got straightened out, but no exactly the stress you want on your wedding day. She also got a lot misinformation and flack from the manager about custom menus. All in all, it seemed very stressful.

Based on all I've read, it doesn't seem like GFC ranks too highly in the customer service department. :confused3

BUT...I'm glad you guys had such a fantastic trip/wedding and you didn't let it affect your weekend. :) Congrats again, Lindsay! :woohoo:

To be honest with you... I'm not entirely surprised by this. I have never once heard something good about Linda at the Grand and that is who my dad had to work with.

I have just emailed my Dad to get the whole story and he said that he went the day before to check his reservation and they didn't have it. So he explained that he made the reservation months ago with Linda and that they should have it and they needed to fix it. Apparently they called him while he was at the rehearsal and told him that they had everything figured out and everything was fine. So at least it wasn't the day of the breakfast that they were having this problem. I've asked him to outline everything that went wrong because I am going to send them an email.

The Day Before We Leave
Wed 4/22

Both Chris and I had to work this day. Chris had a half day but wanted to stay a little later and get his classroom and lesson plans all set up. I had planned to leave work a little early, but that didn't actually happen as well as I would have liked.

I finally got home around 6 and Chris was there and I started to get everything packed together and ready to be put in the car. When we started buying things for the welcome bags, we thought it would be a great idea to assemble them before we got to Disney. Yeah. Not so great. It saved us time once we got there, which was good, but they took up a TON of room in the car, which was not good.

We had two big boxes of stuff for Diane, my dress, my crinnie and hoop skirt, a box with the aisle runner, a box with my veil, 50 welcome bags, my suitcase, chris's backpack, two boxes with bridal party gifts and a bag of toiletries. We packed everything into the car and this is how it looked.

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

We walked inside and saw the box with the bridal party gifts.:headache: We had no idea where we were going to put them.... It was decided that since I had to work the next day, Chris would figure it out.

I double checked the house to make sure that we weren't forgetting anything and I put our GF confirmation and our marriage license in my purse so that we wouldn't forget/lose them.

Yay!

Wow, so I haven't been frequenting the wedding boards as much and I guess you are the last wedding that I have been following. And I've been following yours since the beginning. (well, since Caryn's really...)

I'm so glad that everything went well and I can't wait to read about it.

Glad to see you started!! Your vendor reviews are really helpful....Looking forward to more...

Yay!

Wow, so I haven't been frequenting the wedding boards as much and I guess you are the last wedding that I have been following. And I've been following yours since the beginning. (well, since Caryn's really...)

I'm so glad that everything went well and I can't wait to read about it.
Everything was just wonderful. So weird that it's all over!!

YAY you started....Your sneak peaks were AWESOME~

Glad to see you started!! Your vendor reviews are really helpful....Looking forward to more...
More coming up! I hope my reviews are helpful. I tried to be really honest because vendor reviews were so helpful to me.

*happy dance* you've started!!! :dance3:

Yay!!

Thursday is coming up!

Thursday 4/23

I had to work a half day on Thursday (my work vacation is really weird. I get three weeks, but I need to take two weeks in a row so it only gives me a week to play with... kinda annoying. Chris couldn't take that much time off of school, so we decided that I'd take a few days off for the wedding and then we'd do a honeymoon over the summer) The plan was that Chris would take the car and drop me off at work. Then he'd go to school and make sure that everything was set up with his sub, then he'd go to the gym, finish packing the car, get the rings cleaned and pick me up.

I have to say that the best thing I could have done was go to work. I know that sounds weird, I hate my job, but it was a really good distraction and I liked knowing that I could get all of my work ducks in a row before I left for a few days. I got slammed at about 11, so I quickly made my "last single girl post" and got as much done as I could. I left work with a lot of "good luck's" and "congratulations". Then I walked out to the car... :eek: The whole car was still packed and Chris had to add a few more things. There was literally not enough room for me to sit. There was a box on floor where my feet should have been and I needed to have a box on my lap. :crowded: I ended up sitting indian style on the front seat with a box on top of my legs. (I apologize for the lack of pictures of this. It was pretty amusing and REALLY uncomfortable) We get on I4 at exit 9. By the time we got to exit 32 I couldn't feel my leg at all. So we stopped and got out of the car. Chris decided that since my legs are longer, I'd drive and he'd be squished in the passenger seat. I re-arranged some things so that he could put his feet down and we were on our way. Al half hour later we arrived at the Grand.

When we got there I explained to the security lady that we were moving in and we headed over to the valet place. I thought the bell hop was going to faint when he saw our car... We left the two big boxes for Diane and the welcome bags in the car since we had to drop them off elsewhere, everything else came out our bell cart. We went to check in and I was REALLY hoping to be upgraded to a suite. We weren't upgraded to a suite, but we were upgraded to a king sized bed, which was nice. We had to wait a little while for our room to get ready so we went to Gasparilla's to have lunch. Chris had some wrap thing that he loved.

IMG_0329.jpg

We called our parents to see where they were. My parents had just rented their car and were driving, Chris's mother was just checking into Coronado. We told them that we were going to get into our room and then go over. We walked around the resort for a little while, went to the WP and to check out the gym and finally we were able to get to our room. I expected a little more from our room. I think I had built up the Grand in my head so much that I expected a lot more. Don't get me wrong... the room was lovely, the balcony was lovely, the view was lovely. But it was a smaller than I expected. We checked in and started to unpack.

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

Bridal Party Gifts
IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

Chris read a magazine
IMG_0331.jpg

We heard from my parents who had checked in already and we hopped in the car to go visit them and drop off the welcome bags. We brought all of the bags upstairs to my parents room and Dad put directions to their breakfast in the family bags and we delivered the bags to the front desk.

Chris and I went to meet his family who were at the pool and we dropped bags off to them. We answered some questions about where they needed to be and when and planned out how they were going to get to the tux shop the next day. We finally left Coronado at about 6 and went to All Star to drop off the remainder of the welcome bags.

We got back to the Grand and went to the Grand Floridian Cafe for a quick dinner (I think Chris had salmon and I had soup... I don't remember though and I was tired...) We went back to the room and watched Grey's and went to bed.

MOOOOOOOOOORE - please!

Yes I know I was there - but still, its just so exciting to read :yay: - especially the parts I wasn't there for!!!!!!

WOW your car!! I'm kind of glad now that i have to ship everything down instead of stuff it in the car!!

Can't wait for more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter