Lindsay and Chris PJ! WP/Italy Isola/AAR...Disneyland Paris Honeymoon added 7-19

Great update linds! That was so cute how your Dad called to tell you that he was excited about the wedding.

Kristen, Rob and I were stalking you guys in Japan for some time before you guys came out of the restaurant.

Ok so now that I have Lindsay's permission - I am going to post about ESPNZone as Lindsay wasn't there for the whole thing and I was. Sadly, I am at work and do not have pictures but just use your imaginations - you'll get it!

So as Lindsay said - Christopher (Groom), Ross (my DB), Dave (BM), AJ (Grooms Bro), Claudia (Grooms Sis), and myself all went to ESPNZone to watch the draft. It was SUPER crowded and we kept getting yelled at by servers coming through - ok no .. every other server in the place could get by all of us without trouble except for this ONE server girl that kept saying "YOU GUYS GOTTA GET OUT OF THE WAY - WE CAN'T GET THROUGH" - Of course Dave was a wee bit into his beer at this point and responded with "WHATS THIS WE STUFF? EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING JUST FINE - BE GONE WITH YOU" Thank goodness no one heard that. Although, I thought it was pretty funny.

Dave bought us all a round of drinks and we all drank happily and discussed who we were to eachother. You see, I have only really met Christopher's extended family once over the summer so I wanted to get to know them better and let me tell you - SUPER COOL FOLKS!!!!

Dave decided that he wanted to do "shots" of tequila! Of course we all objected and he pretended that he didn't hear us and ordered anyway. Chris, Claudia, and I were all saying "ok one shot isn't so hard - we'll take one for the team (team bride that was)" Well the guy comes back with TUMBLERS full of tequila. NO NO NO NO NO - Megan doesn't work well with Tequila and apparently neither did Christopher. So when we got our tumblers, we just happened to "spill" ours into Claudia's coke glass that needed refilling! Then we pretended to "shoot" the empty glasses. No one noticed (excpet Claudia) so it worked out well! Poor Claudia had to drink that coke laced with Tequila for the rest of the night!

We met some cool people in that were sitting in the bar with us - the offered us their left overs (we kindly declined) and congratulated Christopher on getting married. They had a few choice words to say about it but this is for public viewing and I can't post the things they were saying. We'll just say it was to do with the honeymoon and certain perticular activities not happening EVER AGAIN after!!!!

Well time came and went and it was time to go home - Dave was very into his liquor at this point as were AJ, Ross, and myself, so it became Claudia's job to get everyone in her party home. They did better than Ross and myself.

We got a taxi and said "All Star MUSIC" please - well in our state we didn't realize that the taxi driver dropped us off at MOVIES! Let me tell you how difficult it was trying to navigate our way back to our hotel. I'm not firmiliar with Disney the way others are, so we wound up at SPORTS - finally after about 45 minutes of walking - we found our hotel and got to our room where we had a congratulatory drink. The next day was wedding day so we were both SUPER excited!!!!!

All in all, it was a pretty cool night.

Linds, how cute is your dad?! I love that he called you just to tell you how excited he was.

Dinner in Japan looked like fun! Especially the end of the meal where you met up with those super awesome Dis Brides! ;)

Linds I'm loving the TR so far!

How cute of your dad to be so excited about the wedding! That's so sweet. and I have to say my favorite part so far is also the very special disbride meeting-that first pickz is beyond awesome-Kristen's expression is priceless. Cant wait to read more, I hope you were able to relax some!

Great update linds! That was so cute how your Dad called to tell you that he was excited about the wedding.

Kristen, Rob and I were stalking you guys in Japan for some time before you guys came out of the restaurant.
That's hysterical! You should have just come on in. We would have loved to have you!

Ok so now that I have Lindsay's permission - I am going to post about ESPNZone as Lindsay wasn't there for the whole thing and I was. Sadly, I am at work and do not have pictures but just use your imaginations - you'll get it!
It was really crowded in there... You can edit your post with pics if you want...

Great updates :thumbsup2
:cheer2: Thanks!

Waiting anxiously for Caryn's input popcorn::
I think we all are!

Waiting anxiously for MORE PICTURES!!
I wish that I had Randy pics to add.

Linds, how cute is your dad?! I love that he called you just to tell you how excited he was.

Dinner in Japan looked like fun! Especially the end of the meal where you met up with those super awesome Dis Brides! ;)
Dad was hilarious. I heart mah disbrides

Linds I'm loving the TR so far!

How cute of your dad to be so excited about the wedding! That's so sweet. and I have to say my favorite part so far is also the very special disbride meeting-that first pickz is beyond awesome-Kristen's expression is priceless. Cant wait to read more, I hope you were able to relax some!
We did relax. Kristen, Cat and Rob seemed very excited that we finally walked outside.

Keep em coming!
Wedding morning coming up shortly

Sunday 4/26 Wedding Day!
Morning!

I last left off picking up Chris at ESPNZone. We promptly went to bed in an effort to look well rested for our wedding day. Again, neither of us got the best sleep of our lives, but we slept... at least a little. I was really happy that we didn't spend the night in separate places. I would have been so nervous if he wasn't there and I would have spent all night making sure he was okay and that he would be where he needed to be on time... so it was good that we stayed together.

At about 7am Chris got up to go for a run. I figured that since he was up, I'd get up too and make some coffee and take a shower. He had just walked out the door when I walked into the little bathroom area to make coffee. I happened to glance in the mirror and this is what I saw.

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

Yes, that's right, huge red blotchy splotches on my neck and chest. Yes. I had a strapless dress. My first thought was to run out the door in my nightgown and try to catch Chris would had just left. However, my brain got the better of me and I realized that a.) I probably wouldn't catch him and b.) Not everyone would be appreciative of a bride sprinting around in a nightgown nearly in tears....

Okay. What to do? I pressed on it like you would press on a sunburn and it turned white, just like a sunburn. I was so upset. I had been REALLY careful about sunscreen the whole time I was there and now on the most important day of my life I looked like half of a lobster!!! So I call my mother. I figured that my family would be up because they all had to get to the GF Cafe for their breakfast (at 9) and they needed to drop things off at my room first. Mom picks up the phone and promptly tells me that she is blow drying her hair and can't talk but that she's sure the makeup ladies would be able to cover it. That was not a good enough response for me so then I tried to call Caryn. She didn't answer (I think she was in the shower) So then I called Mary. Mary, Mike (her husband) and Tom and Noelice (our friends) were out fairly late at Downtown Disney the night before and I felt slightly bad for calling her this early in the morning, but then figured it was okay since it was my wedding day at all. (We haven't been friends for more than a decade for nothing).

So a very groggy Mary picks up the phone and I immediately apologize for waking her up and then in a very stressed out bride voice explain incoherently that I have a huge red splotchy sunburn and that I'm going to be a horrible looking bride. Mary calmy tells me to go put some lotion on it, have a cup of coffee and go out on the balcony and read for a little while. She reminds me that the makeup ladies will cover it and if they can't, we will photoshop my pictures. I apologize again to Mary for waking her up and go and start my coffee.

While I was there I did what any good disbride would do: I took the pictures shown above. See, I realized that though "I" was freaking out, everyone else would probably be really amused and this is definetly something that needed to be included in the TR.

I went out on the balcony with my book (Chris had purchased me a book when they went to get their tuxes. Something Borrowed is the title and I had read it before, however I was pretty amused that he chose to get me that book because in the first chapter the MOH in a wedding sleeps with the groom... ) I read a few chapters and had my coffee and basically tried to calm down. I called my parents to see where they were and they were on their way so I waited for them to get to my room before I took a shower. Chris finally came back and I explained the whole thing and he looked at my neck and said "What are you talking about? Your neck looks fine." So I went to check it out and the red splotchiness was gone! :woohoo::yay::banana:

I had no idea what happened, but let me tell you: I have NEVER been happier that I took pictures of my sunburn. This way no one could tell me that I was making it up because I had clear photographic evidence!! (yay me for thinking of this)

Caryn calls around this time to find out what's wrong so I told her the whole story. She was about 10 minutes behind my parents so I told her that we'd wait for her so that she could drop off her stuff in our room.

Chris hopped in the shower and my parents and Megan showed up and dropped off their stuff for wedding day. (I also showed my mother the neck monstrosity; lest she think I was exagerating). They left to go down to breakfast and I got in the shower. Shortly after, Caryn and Mark showed up with their stuff and they dropped everything off and we told them that we'd be down to make an appearance at breakfast in a little bit. We finished showering, got dressed (I wore Caryn's Bride shirt from her wedding day and my ears) and attempted to tidy up the room since we were all going to be getting ready there and didn't think room service would have time to come over. We got Chris's stuff organized and together and then we walked down to breakfast.

We walked down to breakfast. Now, a quick note about breakfast. The whole time my Dad was planning the breakfast I said that we WERE NOT going to be attending this event. We would stop in and say hi to everyone and thank everyone for coming, but we wouldn't stay and eat. I thought (correctly) that it would just be too much for me and that it would be better have breakfast alone than with 40 people. So that's what we did.

We walked into the GF cafe and saw this:
IMG_0464.jpg

Everyone clapped and started taking pictures and boy was that overwhelming. We said Hi to everyone and walked around and took pictures with everyone.

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

We walked over to my great-aunts and uncles and one of them had brought the Staten Island Advance. So we all took a picture with the paper (apparently if you take your picture with the paper somewhere around the world you get your picture in the paper)
IMG_0468.jpg

After this, we said goodbye to my parents and went to find breakfast for ourselves. We decided that quick food at Gasparilla's was good enough. Chris had some granola and I had bacon, egg and cheese on a bagel. (Not a very bridal meal, but it was good. :bride:) Chris decided that he was going to go back to the room and I decided that I was going to go and check on the breakfast and make sure they didnt' give my Dad a problem when he tried to use my Table in Wonderland card.

They had already left so I called to see where they were and the whole group was walking over to see the WP, so I decided to tag along. While I was walking, Chris said that he was going to drive out to Coronado and get his sister. I thought that was a great idea.

I finally found my family as they were walking into the WP. (If they thought it looked nice that morning, I can just imagine what they thought that night. It looked great during our ceremony!!)

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

The next day was Aunt Grace and Uncle Lou's anniversay so they walked down the aisle!
IMG_0474.jpg

It was getting close to the time when we needed to be back at the room so we all started back to the GF. Dad and his friend (college roomates wife) Mel were going to stop at Publix to get us some lunch and a newspaper (I wanted one from our wedding day) and the girls were all going back to the room.

Coming up: We watch Twilight. What do you mean Chris forgot his tux?

What do you mean Chris forgot his tux?

:scared1:

Great update, I'm so glad your neck calmed down!!!! Maybe it was pre wedding nerve rash?

I really want to sleep together the night before our wedding as I know it'll make me a lot calmer, but my Jack wont have it at all! :sad2: A night of keeping my Mum and BMs awake then!

those tables were for some other really big corporate event that was going on that night. There were about 750 people there when we were walking to the wedding pavilion. We were all soooo hungry and man did their food smell good!!!!! They had music playing and we were singing (well I was singing) as we walked by. I think Lindsay really liked that they cheered for her and said congratulations.

I really wanted to post this picture that Lindsay and I took before I left to go down to the breakfast.
t_=116116875

You can see Lindsay's pedi!!!!
It was very pink - like my shoes -

those tables were for some other really big corporate event that was going on that night. There were about 750 people there when we were walking to the wedding pavilion. We were all soooo hungry and man did their food smell good!!!!! They had music playing and we were singing (well I was singing) as we walked by. I think Lindsay really liked that they cheered for her and said congratulations.

I really wanted to post this picture that Lindsay and I took before I left to go down to the breakfast.
t_=116116875

Thanks for the info--and I can't see the picture :confused3

t_=116116875

I saw the set up for the big corporate thing on the beach that night too. I was getting my nails redone at the Grand Spa. It did smell sooooo good and I wanted to crash it. I had no clue I could have crashed the wedding as well. :rotfl:

Caryn's Notes on Lindsay's TR...because really, some things are just better from the Matron of Honor's perspective...

After a brief altercation at MCO with some jerk that wouldn't let me get to my luggage, we headed down to Miami to see one of my girls from college and to hang out at the Loews....

Mark and I ventured over to WDW from Miami sometime on Friday morning. The whole way on the FL turnpike I was texting certain Disbrides to make sure they picked up some "special" decorations that I had planned for the weekend...

Mark driving...
IMG_0075.jpg

a side note...mark wouldn't let me drive that car ONCE on this trip which i thought was really mean and uncalled for.

After making tentative plans to meet up with my parents at CSR, we checked into SSR for our stay. I was underwhelmed with SSR, I love the BW and the Poly, but couldn't get reservations for wedding weekend...I couldn't help but think that SSR (formerly Disney University) was where I did my WDWCP lifeguard training and it was throwing me off the whole weekend. The very cool thing though, was seeing the treetop things that are opening soon. They look amazing and I want to stay there for marathon weekend 2010...but i digress...

We went over to CSR to see the 'rents and then because we were STARVING we went to Olive Garden for some snacks. All I have to say about that dinner was THANK GOD FOR THE IPHONE FAST FOOD APP. I know for a fact that it was responsible for preventing several cases of blocked arteries and unnecessary weight gain during that meal. phew...I myself ate fettucine alfredo with that toscana soup stuff and a boatload of breadsticks (marathon training is GREAT for overindulging...).

Lindsay was jealous of my vaseline so I said, "FINE! I will allow you to be photographed with it."
IMG_0076.jpg

Apparently, the several glasses of wine she had with dinner (ok fine. ONE glass of wine) wasn't enough and she wanted to get lit, so we headed over to the Poly for drinks with Chris and his boys.

mark and I
IMG_0082.jpg

self pics are super fab
IMG_0083.jpg

I stalked Chris to make sure it was really him and NOT some impostor...
IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

OK, for real, Chris's friend Ryan's friend was hilarious. His drinking hat for the evening was mickey ears. PRICELESS!

the vaseline-out for a night on the town
IMG_0091.jpg

the boys and their coconuts
IMG_0090.jpg

the tux that chris happened to be carrying around with him in a bar...
IMG_0088.jpg

I had the blue drink which was "eh," so I donated it to Chris (along with my commemorative cup, which he stole for me later) and Mark and I left to hit the hot tub and get up for a super smashing day in the morning...

SATURDAY
Rehearsal Day, MGM, EPCOT and the SUPER POPULAR NFL Draft (what IS that thing anyway???)

Seeing as how Lindsay was completely RUDE and didn't include us in her breakfast plans, I went ahead and made my own reservation. I'll show her!

Mark and I decided to delight the young breakfast party with our presence so we calmly strolled into O'Hana and said "Hey" before we headed to Kona Cafe for our OWN meal (which lindsay was NOT invited to. SO THERE!).

The rehearsal was next, so we hopped in the rental and headed over to the WP...these pictures are boring and you've seen them all anyway, so I'll leave mine out. BTW-i do NOT have bridesmaid gift pictures, so anyone who does needs to send them to bridezilla-i mean lindsay...zilla asap.

I really wanted to go to MGM, the last time I was there I was in a pretty severe amount of pain after the 1/2, so we grabbed Megan and Ross and were on our way.

Megan and Ross
IMG_0119.jpg

I was begging Mark to buy me some ice cream, which was really annoying him so he put his hand over my mouth which was REALLY RUDE!
IMG_0121.jpg

don't worry...i got my ice cream. a pretzel. cheese sauce. and a frozen lemonade later.

We went on all my faves, TSM, ToT, RRC...then we headed over to EPCOT/Japan for the RD...

the "happy" bride to be
IMG_0132.jpg

the happier couple
IMG_0133.jpg

my husband being serenaded Happy Birthday
IMG_0136.jpg

his cake
IMG_0137.jpg

the japanese rendition of "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands" was GREAT!
IMG_0138.jpg

The RD was lovely! I think we all ate the same thing though...teriyaki chicken...The conversation was great (the NFL draft of course), but then it was time to go. There were a few other Disbrides in the vicinity and I heard a rumor that they were stalking us so we went outside to take a look

and a self pic
IMG_0140.jpg

and another pic!
IMG_0141.jpg

then the husbands got jealous...
IMG_0144.jpg

so we took one of them too...

it was late and i was tired and i suspected a bit sunburned as well, so it was time to head in. we drove lindsay from the BW to the front of EPCOT and then headed back to SSR for hot tub time and to make sure I had all of my wedding gear packed for the next day.

a sad note...

when we got back, my mom called to tell us that Bea Arthur died! We are huge Golden Girls fans (there is even a pic of Bea hanging in our restaurant)! so we were sad...This is also weird, because the day before our wedding, Heath Ledger died...

a memorial to Bea.

250px-Bea_Arthur.jpg

I awoke bright and early the next morning and hit the shower. It was 6:45 and i DID have a sunburn (from my time in Miami though) and it was killing me and I was in a bad mood. It was also my husbands 35th again birthday and I felt bad that I wasn't going to be able to spend it with him, but hey-those are the breaks!

I took a nice, long shower and got out at like 7:30...I looked at my phone to see that Lindsay had called me. Panic instantly arose and I was planning Chris's demise (WHY ELSE would she be calling me so early in the morning on her wedding day if he hadn't gotten cold feet and hopped a plane to cuba?????) but she didn't answer the phone and i was so frazzled that i burned a hole in my favorite dress by hair drying it dry (don't ask...) and i forgot to put on my eye cream so i was puff central in a dress that i had only brought as an emergency when she FINALLY picks up the phone as we're leaving SSR for the Grand. She had a rash. A bad rash. I panicked again, thinking of all the rash removing remedies that the Matron of Honor is supposed to know...but I came up blank and told her to have a drink. Phew. This day is starting off great.

We drive to the GF and i totally forget that you have to park in the middle of BFE if you don't want to valet. WHY do we not want to valet you might ask? BECAUSE MY HUSBAND SAID NO. So i have to lug a bridesmaid dress, 2 tote bags and a train case full of make up into the freaking grand floridian and i'm LATE and my sister and mother are yelling at me. Whatever. We drop the load of stuff off at Lindsay's room and head down to the GF Cafe to play nice with the family...

Now, I'll preface this next part by saying that we own a restaurant. And I completely understand that "things happen" BUT MY FATHER MADE THIS VERY LARGE RESERVATION MONTHS AGO AND THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN PREPARED. so certain things are unacceptable. Let me take this opportunity to name them...
1. hair in food...
2. not bringing out the matron of honor's OJ...
3. having the same dish look three different ways and including three different side items-totally different from the "menu."
4. including toast on somethings that toast is supposed to come with and not including it in other things that toast is supposed to come with.
6. forgetting to bring out the matron of honor's biscuit.
5. trying to pull a fast one the day before by saying that they "lost" the reservation. please. only disney can get away with such bad service and still be in business.

but i digress...

pics from the "breakfast"

excuse the hair, i couldn't do anything with it in anticipation of beaute speciale making me look fabulous later on that day...(do notice the puffy eyes though, i blame that all on the rash)
IMG_0146.jpg

lindsay and chris, looking stunned and not so pleased that they were the center of attention...HA! just wait till later this day...
IMG_0150.jpg

my 1/2 eaten mickey waffle that was RAW in the middle. how do you mess up a waffle?
IMG_0155.jpg

for some reason everyone wanted to see the WP so we took a walk over there after we "ate."

they were setting up for some huge event near the beach, there were chairs and tables everywhere. later on that day i told some nosey woman in the hall that those chairs were for us. she gave me a nasty look. i guess that's because the corporate logo for "ISTOCK" was plainly visible...oops!

the sign at the WP
IMG_0156.jpg

and now i shall leave you...another update coming soon (lindsay get on it...i have more to write!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter