Line cutters

Jacq7414

DIS Veteran
I’m at the parks now and the amount of line cutters are crazy. One member of a family will wait in line and then wait while their family is doing other things. Someone just did this today where their entire extended family cut in front of us. Absolutely ridiculous.

What Disney should do is put scanners at the entrance to the standby line as well as at the merge point. If someone scans at the entrance, but scans way ahead of where the system shows they should be in the line at merge, they can be sent to the back of the line. If a member of a party leaves the line they would have to scan to get back in and Disney would know they should be way farther back in the line.

I noticed a lot more line cutters when I went in Feb too. I totally understand if it's a little kid that had to go to the bathroom and they're catching up to their family, but usually it's a group of 6+ people cutting past everyone to get to 1 person in line. That 1 person should move back to the rest of their group IMO. Meanwhile when I visited TDL I actually saw a line cutter be removed from the line by a Cast Member, wish WDW would do the same because it's getting a little ridiculous.

This doesn’t bother me if someone from their party is in line and they meet up with them. Just like it doesn’t bother me when one person saves six seats at the movie theater while faM is getting popcorn or whatever. Maybe I’m too laid back but are a couple extra people really gonna make that much of a difference? And maybe they had to leave line for the bathroom or something, you never know, could be a good reason.

When we were there last month. We noticed many CMs at the end of a line/joining a line telling guests that their whole party needed to be with them before joining the line (some at certain points). I think this is good and helps with people cutting in/a group joining in way into the line.

This doesn’t bother me if someone from their party is in line and they meet up with them. Just like it doesn’t bother me when one person saves six seats at the movie theater while faM is getting popcorn or whatever. Maybe I’m too laid back but are a couple extra people really gonna make that much of a difference? And maybe they had to leave line for the bathroom or something, you never know, could be a good reason.
This one time it was one person saving the spot for their extended family of 15. I thought that was ridiculous

I totally understand if it's a little kid that had to go to the bathroom and they're catching up to their family, but usually it's a group of 6+ people cutting past everyone to get to 1 person in line.
Yes. I agree with this. If it’s one parent and their child, whatever. But when it gets to 5+ people meeting up with one that’s crazy IMO

Years ago this line cutting trick was used by the Brazilian tour groups in the summer months. There’d be 2-4 of them in front of you and as you got closer to the ride suddenly there were 10-20 of them.

This was a huge topic on these boards many years ago.

Years ago this line cutting trick was used by the Brazilian tour groups in the summer months. There’d be 2-4 of them in front of you and as you got closer to the ride suddenly there were 10-20 of them.

That’s crazy!

I saw this trick more often this trip than when we went in 2019.

I was annoyed the couple times maybe 2/3 people did it, but no big deal. I would probably have to say something if there were that many or not let them by. That’s a little extreme.

I get it if you see people getting out of line then come back. A couple times I saw people get out of line to get a snack and bring back to their families. Or a couple times people get out of line with their kid (I’d assume to use the restroom). I have absolutely no issue with that. But people just cutting in to get with their families towards the front of the line shouldn’t be allowed (but it’s impossible to monitor and I get that).

......Genie+ doesn't work for you? No issues. Grandma will go wait in line for MMRR while everyone else watches the Frozen show, grabs a snack and does some shopping....

I think it is a huge deal. This underestimates the wait for everyone else who chooses to get in the line and is unfair to the families/parties playing it fair as they just missed out of all the fun of the example family above.

Disney will never address this though and the issue will only get worse as the standby waits keep getting longer and longer. I will just add it to the list on why we will be visiting Disney less often.

Must agree on the frustration when this occurs. And because it annoys me such, I never have done it. At least twice every trip this occurs with a family cutting through the line.

I once witnessed the ultimate line cutting event while rope dropping FoP at Animal Kingdom. We were being held back on the bridge to Pandora. Back then, at rope drop, everyone would power walk or run to this bridge then stop until the appointed time when we were allowed to walk onto the ride. On this day a very large youth group locked arms at the wrist and formed one long human chain and very forcefully rammed through everyone held back on the bridge. They were chanting loudly in a foreign language and laughing and cheering loudly as they battered their way through pushing and shoving. I had never seen anything like it.

The people who don’t think it’s a huge deal and don’t have a problem with this are probably line cutters themselves 😂

A whole family cut in front of me in line at sea world. They were not meeting anyone in line. People lack manners this day in age.

Oh man don't remind me of that. One time I was on Space Mountain and a massive Brazilian tour group (I would say maybe 30+) cut in front of my family and then proceeded to start singing, clapping and cheering. At one point I heard a guy not in their group loudly yell at them to shut up. Never understood why Disney never did anything about extremely blatant line cutters like that.

Last edited:
We just went to Disneyland and rope dropped RotR and were at the front of the pack when we entered the line. There were people ahead of us but the cast member at the start of the queue told people they couldn't enter the queue unless their entire party was with them, so there were quite a few people standing to the side waiting for them. As we wound our way through the queue, a group of maybe 6 adults and 1 kid literally unhooked the rope and stepped right into the middle of the line behind us! I thought surely they MUST be meeting their group....but nope, just blatantly cut right in line! We didn't say anything since they were behind us and I dont' think the group of teenage boys behind them really noticed because the line was moving fast and I'm not sure if they were close enough to us at that point to really notice someone stepping in front of them. We were totally shocked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter