Line cutters

We just went to Disneyland and rope dropped RotR and were at the front of the pack when we entered the line. There were people ahead of us but the cast member at the start of the queue told people they couldn't enter the queue unless their entire party was with them, so there were quite a few people standing to the side waiting for them. As we wound our way through the queue, a group of maybe 6 adults and 1 kid literally unhooked the rope and stepped right into the middle of the line behind us! I thought surely they MUST be meeting their group....but nope, just blatantly cut right in line! We didn't say anything since they were behind us and I dont' think the group of teenage boys behind them really noticed because the line was moving fast and I'm not sure if they were close enough to us at that point to really notice someone stepping in front of them. We were totally shocked!
I went to Disneyland in a December and people were trying to cut the ROTR line and cast members kicked the cutters out of line. It’s nice when Disney enforces their rules.

I went to Disneyland in a December and people were trying to cut the ROTR line and cast members kicked the cutters out of line. It’s nice when Disney enforces their rules.
I would hope the cast members would've kicked them out if they had seen them! We debated saying something to them, but it was my son's birthday and he was super excited to be riding ROTR so we didn't feel like it was worth it to get into a confrontation.

I have another good one. Was waiting in the single rider line for the Matterhorn @ DL a few months ago. Line wasn't moving hardly at all. Middle age couple decides they've had a long enough wait so they leave. A short while later some younger people come along to join their friends a bit further up. No one says anything. Then a bit later the middle age couple returns to take the spots they had abandoned in the line about 15 minutes earlier. Turns out they went to see if the grass was greener in the regular line but when that didn't go anywhere for them they felt entitled to return to the spots they had previously held in the single rider line. A few of us said something which resulted in them calling me a Line Nazi. I told them they weren't just cutting in front of me but everyone they decided to just walk right past who had all been patiently waiting. The family behind me was quite peeved also. Turned out we all ended up in cars before either of the two entitled ones and they ended up split up since it was the single rider line. Of course there was no CM anywhere nearby.

Sometimes a family will do this for various strange reasons. When we were at Disneyland a few weeks ago we decided to get our kids their first hats with their names on them at the Mad Hatter near the tea cups. During the process the nice lady helping us made my sons name in a more pink color vs the red color he wanted that matched the hat design. The cast member let me know she had to find her manager and would fix it but it would take some time. So I stayed behind and let the wife and kiddos go get on a ride. Once it was all fixed I went to the story boat ride and explained what happened and they let me jump in through the exit as my family got to the front. I will agree I saw a lot of pardon me groups during our trip but we also had to do it ourselves once or twice.

My sister and I were at an after hours even for Cast Members/friends & family and we were entering the nearly empty queue for Snow White's Scary Adventure. These two women and their kids jumped over the rails in front of us to bypass the queue. Then as we were leaving the park we were standing in the very lengthy line for the monorail and the same party cut in line behind us. I politely pointed out that the line started "back there". One of the women said "Well, we have kids". I said "And you are teaching them to break the rules". I was told to mind my own business with a thinly veiled threat of physical violence. One of the kids piped up "She needs to take a chill pill, doesn't she Mom?" I sometimes wonder what that mom is dealing with now that her kids would be teenagers who have grown up ignoring rules.

My sister and I were at an after hours even for Cast Members/friends & family and we were entering the nearly empty queue for Snow White's Scary Adventure. These two women and their kids jumped over the rails in front of us to bypass the queue. Then as we were leaving the park we were standing in the very lengthy line for the monorail and the same party cut in line behind us. I politely pointed out that the line started "back there". One of the women said "Well, we have kids". I said "And you are teaching them to break the rules". I was told to mind my own business with a thinly veiled threat of physical violence. One of the kids piped up "She needs to take a chill pill, doesn't she Mom?" I sometimes wonder what that mom is dealing with now that her kids would be teenagers who have grown up ignoring rules.
Wow that is very bold of them considering it is a cast member event and their behavior can probably jeopardize the cast member family member’s job. 😬

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter