line predictions for Smugglers Run

Always Dream

Mouseketeer
I have a wait-time predictor that is telling me that the line for Smugglers Run will be about 35 minutes at the end of October. This to me seems very short. I would have thought it would be more like FOP - building immediately to a 90 minute wait upon park opening. What do you all think?

I'll speculate guests will immediately get in line and ride again if the posted wait is 30 minutes. I'd be surprised if the wait is under an hour

It all depends on how they treat “capacity” at SWGE. They have been warning on every reservation booking that SWGE is a limited capacity experience. If they really do cap attendance, I could see wait times being an hour or less.

Just to let you know opening team has the extended queue for SR extending into the exit by tsland, the entire queue, if it gets to that point, is 6 hours long. Umbrellas are already set up for such an event.

Just to let you know opening team has the extended queue for SR extending into the exit by tsland, the entire queue, if it gets to that point, is 6 hours long. Umbrellas are already set up for such an event.

I am not sure I understand the VQ if they are just going to let 6 hrs worth of people into the one ride line. pretty much everything else in the land requires a reservation, so they have to understand most of the people waiting in the VQ will be going for the ride. Disney isnt that stupid are they?

Oh jeez I hope this isnt disneys attempt to have their moment of "look our ride is great too, we have 6 hour waits also"

Last edited:
I am not sure I understand the VQ if they are just going to let 6 hrs worth of people into the one ride line. pretty much everything else in the land requires a reservation, so they have to understand most of the people waiting in the VQ will be going for the ride. Disney isnt that stupid are they?
They have to take into account the attraction malfunctioning, in that case the line will grow, some people might leave the line but some will stick it out. They're being proactive in setting it up, we won't know if the setup will be needed in the end.
For the reopening of ST they had the queue set up going down streets of America, ultimately the entire extended queue wasn't needed or used as the line peaked at 3 hours

I keep seeing people refer to a virtual queue or reservations for SWGE, but am I correct in thinking that WDW has not officially said there will be a queue or reservations needed? Are people just assuming they will have to eventually for crowd control?

Remember pandora also closed for capacity and the queue stayed consistently around the 5 hour mark

I keep seeing people refer to a virtual queue or reservations for SWGE, but am I correct in thinking that WDW has not officially said there will be a queue or reservations needed? Are people just assuming they will have to eventually for crowd control?
A VQ system WILL be im place here. They are placing flyers with the info in rooms. The VQ will be activated once the land reaches capacity, then you join a boarding group on mde so you don't physically have to wait in line

Remember pandora also closed for capacity and the queue stayed consistently around the 5 hour mark

But why have a virtual que that keeps you out of lines just to get into the land and have to wait 5-6 hours in a ride line. They could easily adjust the amount of people allowed in to limit the ride line to a reasonable length.

But why have a virtual que that keeps you out of lines just to get into the land and have to wait 5-6 hours in a ride line. They could easily adjust the amount of people allowed in to limit the ride line to a reasonable length.
Like I said, comparing this to Pandora, opening day you had to wait outside of the land for 4 hours and then go into the land and wait 5 hours to ride FoP. For GE you won't need to wait outside the land in a line, and then once in, you can chose to go on SR or walk around, eat, shop, play with the app. The land is huge compared to Pandora so it has a bigger capacity, why not let people in until it reaches that capacity? ultimately it's the guests choice to line up or not for SR

Like I said, comparing this to Pandora, opening day you had to wait outside of the land for 4 hours and then go into the land and wait 5 hours to ride FoP. For GE you won't need to wait outside the land in a line, and then once in, you can chose to go on SR or walk around, eat, shop, play with the app. The land is huge compared to Pandora so it has a bigger capacity, why not let people in until it reaches that capacity? ultimately it's the guests choice to line up or not for SR

Yea I guess if your looking at capacity from a space constraint. The problem is there isnt really much to do once in the land, from an attraction point of view, other than the ride and a few paid upcharges that require reservations. How many people do you think are going to just walk around to take a look then leave? I guess I was just hoping they would somewhat limit the entrance with the virtual que as to not make it unbearable once inside the land similar to what they did at disneyland. May be too much to ask considering the negative attention they got from the crowds at DL.

Yea I guess if your looking at capacity from a space constraint. The problem is there isnt really much to do once in the land, from an attraction point of view, other than the ride and a few paid upcharges that require reservations. How many people do you think are going to just walk around to take a look then leave? I guess I was just hoping they would somewhat limit the entrance with the virtual que as to not make it unbearable once inside the land similar to what they did at disneyland. May be too much to ask considering the negative attention they got from the crowds at DL.
again, same as Pandora, not a lot of things to do there either, and yet the land filled and people waited in line. They might limit the land to not even reach capacity but at least they are being proactive and getting set up with a queue and umbrellas and water stations

There are reservations for Oga's, Savi's, and Droid Depot. From what I understand is they might let people in standby if there is availability but it isn't guaranteed. I am guessing if you really want to get into one of those three experiences you'll need to keep looking for reservation availability.

The problem with the reservations is they were just opened with no advanced notice or anything. If you were fortunate to see someone post about it and instantly tried to get it then you were lucky. Now people are having to check randomly for reservation availability because in the first 2 days almost all of them were booked. I was fortunate because I happened to see a FB post about it on my lunch hour. I instantly got an Oga's reservation and Savi's wasn't working so I managed to get that on my phone but it was painful. The next morning there was more availability but not as much I think as the day before. Keep checking if you want to do one of those three things!

Oh jeez I hope this isnt disneys attempt to have their moment of "look our ride is great too, we have 6 hour waits also"
Disney isn't stupid. Disney decided to have a physical not virtual (via Fast Pass) line for MF. Guests who want to ride the MF will have to do it the old fashioned way and wait in line. Sounds like Disney can accommodate up to a 6 hour line.

VQ is set up because Disney doesn't have an easy place for a long line outside SWGE. I think I agree with your point. I don't think VQ will be needed very much. Guests without a reservation for Oga, Savi or Droid Depot will either get in line for MF or spend maybe an hour taking picture, look around then leave.

Years ago I was given a sequentially number boarding pass when I entered the Que for a new roller coaster in 6 Flags Great Adventure. You weren't allowed to ride the roller coaster if your number was more then, I think 20, out of sequence. It avoided people creeping up the line. Line moved much faster then expected.

I am one of many that intend to skip SR & Rise as I'll be there Dec 1-8. I would have been happy just exploring the land and quite frankly have a rule to not wait more than an hour for an attraction. I may consider doing single rider for SR but will have to miss the entire pre show if I do that.

And the point of the VQ is to allow you to do other things in the park. Plus Guests standing in line for 5 hours to enter are lost opportunities to make sales.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter