Lines to Avoid in the HEAT!

bayareadisneyland

Mouseketeer
It is going to be hot Hot HOT next week! Which lines are the worst in the heat? IASW is a bad one but it will be closed. Anything else I should try to hit in the morning?

Any other hot weather tips? Is this going to really mess up our trip? Ugg!

Staying at the DLH so planning on going pack to swim/ nap from 1-4.

Thanks!

Autopia queue can be pretty awful in the heat. It's really boring too, and the fumes and noise from the cars don't help!

It's a good one to Fast Pass for sure!

Small World, Dumbo, Matterhorn, and Space Mountain are rides I avoid if it's hot and the lines are long.

Definitely Autopia, for reasons PP mentioned.

Peter Pan's brutal in the heat too. No shade, and a boring line that winds tightly so you're shoulder to shoulder with other hot sweaty folks. Blech. PP is a first thing in the morning/last thing at night type of deal for me.

I waited about 45 minutes one day for star tours when the AC was broke down inside. It had to have been the worst wait I've ever had. The matterhorn is pretty awful any time it heats up due to a lack of trees around the line. Nothing but concrete around there.

They only line that I found truly hard to wait in during last week's heat wave was the pixie hollow line. We must have hit it just as the sun moved directly overhead, and most of the line was completely exposed. I'd forgotten to bring our sunscreen into the line, and it was time to reapply. Another person in the line was super kind and let me use her sunscreen for my son.

I have mentioned this before in another thread, but the worse line for me in the heat is PP. Standing next to a sweaty guy in a tank top just about did me in.

Unfortunately, a lot of the DLR ride queues aren't very well covered, so you might end up in the sun for part (or nearly all) of the queue. Some that come to mind (in addition to the ones already mentioned):
  • Dumbo - might be shaded at times, but can also be in the sun.
  • Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin - some of the outside portion is shaded, but some is not.
  • Haunted Mansion - part is okay, but the first half (before the switchback) can be pretty sunny.

I can't remember for sure which ones, but I think some of the rides over on Paradise Pier at DCA (like the zephyr or Goofy's Sky School) might not have a lot of cover. When the line is really long, part of the Little Mermaid queue ends up in the sun.

I agree on Peter Pan. Even though some of that queue is shaded, for some reason it just seems a lot more packed in (and smelly!) than other lines.

Monsters, Inc. A large portion of that line is outside and incredibly hot. It also loads incredibly slow.

By contrast, when it's open, LMAUA is a fantastic line for the most part to stand in when it's hot. The line is also one of the most efficient in the resort so you are inside in the A/C very quickly.

The Soarin' over California line is also not that bad because the mist sprayers are there.

The worst I have been in are Space Mountain, Buzz, and Autopia. Tomorrowland always seems way to hot in the afternoon.

This is a great thread! I am sure visitors don't take things like this into consideration. Thanks again!

I was so glad that I brought a few of the hotels cloths in my bag. We kept them wet and on the tops of ours heads lol It was brutal hot but that helped a lot in Orlando. We are planning a fall vacation for DL next year so I hope it is not as hot there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter