Linking Very Merry Christmas party ticket to the Magicband

wendy1974

DIS Veteran
I have already linked my park tickets to my Magicband but also have a ticket for the Christmas party. I was worried about linking it since I remember last year hearing about problems with people linking the Halloween party tickets. Has anyone linked a party ticket and if so how do they tell the difference?

I have already linked my park tickets to my Magicband but also have a ticket for the Christmas party. I was worried about linking it since I remember last year hearing about problems with people linking the Halloween party tickets. Has anyone linked a party ticket and if so how do they tell the difference?

These kinds of issues look to have disappeared this year.

Hi. I went to MNSSHP. I bought my tickets online while logged into my account and there were automatically linked. Due to some delivery issues, I never received an actual ticket. I did have concierge at my resort confirm it was on my band when I checked in, just in case.

Ok! I'm kind of nervous about it so was just debating on if I wanted to bring the hard ticket to the party. Thanks guys!

Recently went to MNSSHP and we received party tickets but it was also linked to our magic bands. When we checked in, we asked the concierge to verify that our MNSSHP and restaurant reservations were on the magic bands. Everything went well. There were areas set up where a cast member will scan your band and give you a party band (and trick or treat bag!)

We just got back. The Magic Bands are a whole lot less glitchy this year. We had no issues with ours, and unlike last year when we heard story after story about problems with them, we didn't hear many complaints about them not working or glitching at all. They can still glitch, and we did see some people have issues getting in the park with them a couple of times, but it is a whole lot less than it was. The CMs also seem to be far more used to dealing with them now. It wasn't nearly as bad as last year when the CMS were as stressed out as the guests if not more. Now- FP+ is still another story. Lots and lots of complaints heard from guests there- but at least the bands themselves are doing much better. Our 2 nights of MNSSHP tickets were automatically linked to our bands. They sent us hard tickets too, but I just had them inside my purse as a backup, and we did not need them.

I just logged into My Disney Experience and see that my Very Merry Christmas Party tickets aren't linked there.
I also never got an email confirmation - is that normal? I know I paid, as I can see that transaction on my mastercard statement, but I have no confirmation whatsoever. Do I need to be concerned?

My tickets to MNSSHP aren't linked to our magic bands or MDE account. I have the reservation number and when I called they said to stop by a will call window and pick them up.

I just logged into My Disney Experience and see that my Very Merry Christmas Party tickets aren't linked there.
I also never got an email confirmation - is that normal? I know I paid, as I can see that transaction on my mastercard statement, but I have no confirmation whatsoever. Do I need to be concerned?

I ordered tickets last night, and they immediately automatically linked to my MDE and I received an email. I would call someone if I were you. Hope they can find them!

So if we have tickets for the Halloween Party tomorrow night and still have regular ticket entries on our magic band (all tickets linked on magic bands), the system will know when we use our magic bands tomorrow which is which? We are not planning on entering the parks tomorrow until the Halloween Party, but we still have several days left after tomorrow. I have heard the stories from last year about people losing a regular day ticket when using the magic band for the Halloween Party, so has this been resolved this year?

So if we have tickets for the Halloween Party tomorrow night and still have regular ticket entries on our magic band (all tickets linked on magic bands), the system will know when we use our magic bands tomorrow which is which? We are not planning on entering the parks tomorrow until the Halloween Party, but we still have several days left after tomorrow. I have heard the stories from last year about people losing a regular day ticket when using the magic band for the Halloween Party, so has this been resolved this year?

Seems to have been. If you're concerned, stop by Guest Relations once you enter the park.

My tickets to MNSSHP aren't linked to our magic bands or MDE account. I have the reservation number and when I called they said to stop by a will call window and pick them up.

Use your confirmation number to link them in MDE. They may not have automatically linked because of an email entry discrepancy.

This is the reason why I am printing my Xmas Party Tickets and using them to enter the park on that day. I dont want to use one of my park tickets for entrance and don't want to take the chance that using the MB to enter the park will deduct a ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter