• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lion Country Safari???

Isi

Mouseketeer
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has camp at the Safari..We are thinking of a short 2 day camping trip for my BD and thought about this place..Its about a 2 hour drive for us so that won't be to bad..

I've never camped there at the KOA - but the Safari park is pretty nice!

The KOA has specials too Right Here!

It is the worst!!!!!!! they try to get you to stay there by offering free tickets to LCS, the people who run the KOA are worthless I would never stay again even if it was free.

nice attraction, you get a pancake breakfast from 9:30-10am.

We went to Lion Country last summer. It was an OK experience. The KOA had more rules then any other campground. You can't even use the pool after dusk! Crazy! I had the sneeking suspicion that the Lions roaring that you hear at the campground might be on a speaker system? Not sure exactly. Just a theory of mine. The safari itself is a unique experience. They give you a CD to listen to while you drive through and see the animals. The "theme park" is a bit cheesy but like anything, you make the best of it. The best part of the theme park was the water play area. My 10 and 6 year olds stayed in the water all day and rode the water slide a million times. We enjoyed feeding the giraffe but it was an extra couple dollars. My 13 year olds were walking around thinking the park was lame but they did get on the paddle boat and participate in a few things. They hung out by the water park but not for long. They were bored! We had a package where you stay at the campground you get the free tickets. It is an experience worth trying. I am not rushing to go back anytime soon but I am glad we tried it. We always look forward to our trips to the FORT! :)
Nikki

We live just near Lion Country Safari, I don't know much about the campground, but the safari is pretty neat if you aren't looking to actually be on a real safari...lol.

There's one of these safari things in Ontario, Canada (or there used to be in the old days). A friend of mine from high school took his girlfriend there in his dad's new car and some animal scratched itself along the side. When it walked away, the side of the car was caved in and the mirror was missing. We thought it was hilarious, but him and his dad didn't.

Deer!!!!! here are some good-ole-boys I fixed up there hunting buggie.

PICT0023.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

PICT0022.jpg

coupla questions.

1. Once he was dead, why were his legs tied up?

2. What's with the toilet seat?

If you are unable to bring your rifle, and you wish to eat a nice lion chop, head over to Florida's west coast. Here in my hometown we have a restaurant that serves lion (and other such things):scared1: :

http://www.tampabay.com/features/food/general/article661291.ece

TCD

P.S. - If you read the article- make sure to scroll down and read the comments!!!!

They won't let you add comments. I was going to ask if it was ok to book a tent site at FT Wilderness just for the perks.

coupla questions.

1. Once he was dead, why were his legs tied up?

2. What's with the toilet seat?

Well the legs tied up is for safety, if that deer is alive at all and kicks you!!!! your gonna be hurting bad.

LOL as for the toilet seat, your guess is good as mine I guess to take a S***!:rotfl2:

Just because a bear dumps in the woods doesnt mean he doesnt enjoy the comfort of an ergonomically correct seating position!!!

Tungpo,

Is the date set correctly on that camera? I would think the Deer are still in velvet in August?

Deer!!!!! here are some good-ole-boys I fixed up there hunting buggie.

PICT0023.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

PICT0022.jpg

Poor Bambi...
Although I have been trying to block out these images at the last two GG's and have enjoyed Kahuna's venison. I'm getting better at it.

Just because a bear dumps in the woods doesnt mean he doesnt enjoy the comfort of an ergonomically correct seating position!!!

LOL..
Rog, you really make me LMAO sometimes..well, I guess all the time!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter