• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lions missing from Safari

ForeverDance

DIS Veteran
A friend of mine was at Disney a few weeks ago and her family was stuck on the safari ride for 2 hours. She said she thought something might have happened with the lions. Sure enough we are here now and have been on the ride twice. The first time no lions and no mention of them at all. Yesterday they mentioned them but then said they were sleeping so we wouldn't see them. I've been enough times before tonjnwo that even when they are sleeping you can usually catch a glimpse. Anyone know what happened with them? Will they be back?

My good friend was in AK 2 days ago and sent a pic of the lion to me because my kids love the safari.
Well then perhaps they are back after all. Last week they were 100% missing though because they didn't even mention them.

Their not always out and probably the hardest to see animals on the safari. Also depends on the time of day. If an animal isn't out, the safari driver won't always point that out. There's been plenty of times where we haven't seen the rhinos, warthogs, etc and the driver made no mention of them.

So there was likely nothing wrong with the Lions. They were probably just not up on their rocks and out of sight

I saw the Lions on August 1st

We saw both male and female lions last week Saturday (18th) and again just a few days ago on Friday (24th).

We saw male lion as clear as I have ever seen on 8/19. Lionesses were also visible. We even heard a roar when we were in the next section. The guide was excited so I assume it was rare.

I would die if I were stuck on any ride for 2 hours. I suppose safari would be more doable because no restraints and probable/definite shade. I hope they were given FPs.

We saw them all three times we rode this month (the 9th, the 12th, and the 16th). The 12th was our first time on the night safari and we spent the whole ride laughing at ourselves as we drove past dark fields with no animals visible at all, wondering what the heck we were doing. Then we got to the lion habitat and got to see all the lions up and active, the male roaring, and then a female jumping on the male and the two of them rolling around.

I would die if I were stuck on any ride for 2 hours. I suppose safari would be more doable because no restraints and probable/definite shade. I hope they were given FPs.[/QUOTE]

I can't even imagine this?? No bathroom for 2 hours? And did the line just stay at a standstill for 2 hours while the ride was held up? I'd have hated to have had little kids on this ride w/ that kind of wait

Lions aside, I'm also curious what held the safari up for 2 hours. Did their safari vehicle break down? Even if an animal is in the way and they have to stop for that, I can't imagine it would hold it up for 2 hours.

Lions aside, I'm also curious what held the safari up for 2 hours. Did their safari vehicle break down? Even if an animal is in the way and they have to stop for that, I can't imagine it would hold it up for 2 hours.
Their vehicle did not break down. All the vehicles out at the time were unable to move for an entire 2 hours. They said it was terribly hot. CMs handed out water bottles to them as they got off and they were given a number of fastpasses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter