• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Liquid fabric softener or dryer sheets?

friskykitten

Mouseketeer
We are leaving today and I don't know which one to take. Do the dryers at OKW have a place to use liquid softener and add it at the right moment or do you have to add it yourself when the time is right? Which one should I take? Both travel just as well as the other one. Thanks for taking the time for this petty question!;)

I take dryer sheets with me and powdered detergent (some use tabs). That way nothing will spill in the luggage. Plus, it makes the luggage smells nice! :D

Enjoy your trip!

We have used the dryer sheets...they work very well.

The washers don't have an automatic fabric softener dispenser, so you would have to add the liquid softener at just the right time to have it work properly.

Dryer sheets are the only way to go. OKW washers do not have any automatic dispenser for liquid softner so you either have to wait for the rinse cycle or bring one of those dispenser balls. We bring the sheets because they do a good job in the dryer and you cna use them to freshen up towels, ect. in the dryer as a added bonus. The other problem is thaat they do not have bleech dispensers either so be careful when adding bleech. Don't forget that the water is soft water and you will not need to add as much soap to the washer.:bounce:

I know I'm going to sound like a wet blanket here, and I know this won't make one iota with of difference, but I feel compelled to post. My DH is horribly allergic to those dryer sheets. When he wears something that has been in machine that has recently had one of those sheets in it, his eyes swell shut.

Like I said, it won't make any difference, but I think it might be food for thought. Makes you wonder what's in those things.

Thank you for all of the replies. I liked hearing both sides of it! We leave in about an hour so I need to get busy, busy, busy!! :pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter