• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

List of 2 passenger only rides and age question

KathleensKid

Mouseketeer
I'm traveling to WDW alone with my 5 and 7 year olds in June. In the past dh has always been with us so splitting up on rides was never an issue.
I know that most of the rides we've done there in the past could handle 3+ passengers in whatever "vehicle" we were in. We don't do roller coaster type thrill rides with the kids.

For my planning purposes,:
*Is there a list of "2 person only" rides? I imagine there are not that many which aren't fast thrill rides.
*On 2 person rides like TSM, can my 5 yr old ride with my 7 yr old - with me in the same car but behind them? And/or can my 7 yr old ride alone.

Thanks for any info!!

Hi there

Your 7 year old is good to ride alone, but I don't think they can ride with your 5 year old. They can be crazy strict. Although it may be possible on rides like TSM - bumping for someone more knowledgeable.

We are in the same boat as we have 3 adults and 4 kids, with only one child over 7 (that's the minimum age they're permitted to ride alone). I was pleased to see that rides like BTMRR and Splash have the option to do three across (if you can all fit) :)

I also believe that a 7 year old can ride alone, but the 5 year old needs to ride with a "responsible adult", not sure what age that would be, but I'm pretty sure that 7 won't be old enough.
So, you'll probably be riding with your 5 year old while the 7 year old is in the car ahead or behind.

I also believe that a 7 year old can ride alone, but the 5 year old needs to ride with a "responsible adult", not sure what age that would be, but I'm pretty sure that 7 won't be old enough.
So, you'll probably be riding with your 5 year old while the 7 year old is in the car ahead or behind.

This is what I have found to be true as well.

I am not a ride rider, I get motion sickness very easily and I just prefer to watch. Dh, DS (8), DD (5) and I are all going to Disney on Friday. Originally I was just going to have DD and DS ride the rides together, but DD must ride with an adult since she is only 5.

Spaceship Earth is technically a 2 seater, but you can fit 3 if you put the 5 yr old on your lap. That's what we did with our 5 yr old.

Thanks. So know I know that ds will need to ride alone on 2 person rides.
Anyone know a list of those?

MK:
Dumbo is 3 person, correct?
Other than the race cars near the tea cups, are there any 2 person rides at MK (other than thrill rides?)

EPCOT:
So, Spaceship Earth is 2 person, unless I put 5yr old in lap.
Anything else?

DHS:
TSM
Anything else?

AK:
Anything?

Thanks!!

MK:

You should be fine with Dumbo. My dad took my DS10 & DS5 on with him with no problems.

Buzz Lightyear. You may be able to fit 3 of you, but there are only 2 guns.

Astro Orbiter. I don't know if you can fit 3. I rode with DS10 and it was kind of tight. I don't think we could have fit another person in with us.

I think you'll be ok everywhere else.

Thanks. So know I know that ds will need to ride alone on 2 person rides.
Anyone know a list of those?

MK:
Dumbo is 3 person, correct?
Other than the race cars near the tea cups, are there any 2 person rides at MK (other than thrill rides?)

EPCOT:
So, Spaceship Earth is 2 person, unless I put 5yr old in lap.
Anything else?

DHS:
TSM
Anything else?

AK:
Anything?

Thanks!!

Buzz in MK
TriceraTop Spin (just like Dumbo)
barnstormer (i think???)

The five year old indeed must be accompanied by someone 14 or older. Not necessarily sitting with them ie in a big thunder car together. But don't try to send the two kids alone.

I was at WDW last year with my then 4 and 7 yo DDs. The only two rides that we had to be strategic about were Buzz Lightyear in MK and TSMM at DHS. For Buzz, we rode together and I just let the girls shoot (well, I helped DD #2 a bit!) and on TSMM we rode in one car, with DD #1 alone on one side and DD #2 with me on the other.

We were at MK and did Splash Mountain with three, but that was before the lap bars, so I am not sure how that would work now. It is considered a thrill ride though, so you may not be interested in that one.

We also found that 7 is the magic age that they can ride alone - and that your younger child must be next to you. We have done 3 on TSM and Buzz, but that means one person doesn't get to shoot so I would discourage that! (My oldest wanted to do it next to daddy, which meant the two youngest had to be next to me since they're under 7). We've done three on Spaceship Earth as well. (My youngest was only 2.5 when we did that).

The only place we ran into any rides that we had to completely skip with three kids and only two adults and one of the kids 7 or up, was the Speedway since it's by height, not age, and my oldest under 54" two trips ago there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter