List of Blue card vs White card benefits

I have 1000 points of which only 155 are direct.
That allows me blue card and to book RVA
But you can only use the 155 at RR. We also have close to 1000 gathered over the years mix of direct and resale, but my last contract was purchased after the restrictions so that contract cannot be used at RR. That one is actually a different use year than my other contracts so it comes up as a digital white card in that use year. so with this last resale purchase that is different use year than my other contracts, I can actually see the differences between blue card vs. white card

just edited - I can use my last resale at all resorts-it was purchased in 2018 but with the white card restrictions. I don't know how disney keeps track of all the restrictions they have added over the years.

I didn't know there was a white card?
We are direct members, so have blue card?
What is white card?

What is white card?

It's a member card that does not have direct benefits.

So no AP discount, no access to Epcot lounge, no access to moonlight events.

Then point specific things like resale points that are not grandfathered can't book new resorts.

What is white card?

If you have more than the direct minimum (the amount depends on when you purchased) then you get the blue card and perks as per the first page post.

If you have under this minimum holding direct then you get a white card.

Are there any charts that show how a Disney Visa card can help fill some of the gaps of being a white card holder?

Hi, all late to this conversation. Just curious, can someone post a picture of a white card (of course with all of the info blanked). I have never seen one, and we (my DW and I) are looking to purchase a new resale with a different resort and UY, yet we have our original Blue Card. My curiosity is peaked about a "white card'.

Hi, all late to this conversation. Just curious, can someone post a picture of a white card (of course with all of the info blanked). I have never seen one, and we (my DW and I) are looking to purchase a new resale with a different resort and UY, yet we have our original Blue Card. My curiosity is peaked about a "white card'.
Here's from my white card membership. When you have both you just switch between them to see your blue and white cards.

Screenshot_20211211-154737_Samsung Internet.jpg

So I wonder what the new "Digital" card system will work. For instance, the new and expanding scan and pay at the stores will work? When I used it at World of Disney, it recognized my DVC Membership and gave me the discount automatically. Don't white card holders also have their DVC Membership linked into MDE, or do they not receive a link code from Member Services?

It will be interesting to see how the system distinguishes the difference in the future.

So I wonder what the new "Digital" card system will work. For instance, the new and expanding scan and pay at the stores will work? When I used it at World of Disney, it recognized my DVC Membership and gave me the discount automatically. Don't white card holders also have their DVC Membership linked into MDE, or do they not receive a link code from Member Services?

It will be interesting to see how the system distinguishes the difference in the future.

I know that currently the systems that allow automatic check out like at World of Disiney give it to everyone.

Some of the mobile order restaurants that have a DVC discount is applying to everyone.

It will be interesting if this new system will stop that and the discount will only be applied for those with eligible memberships.

If we get more reports that white card holders are being stopped from activating the Sorcerer pass, because the system flags it as an ineligible membership, I bet these types of discounts will stop too.

It is also why I am leaning more and more that those who are not eligible may no longer have a DVC card of any sort.

I know that currently the systems that allow automatic check out like at World of Disiney give it to everyone.

Some of the mobile order restaurants that have a DVC discount is applying to everyone.

It will be interesting if this new system will stop that and the discount will only be applied for those with eligible memberships.

If we get more reports that white card holders are being stopped from activating the Sorcerer pass, because the system flags it as an ineligible membership, I bet these types of discounts will stop too.

It is also why I am leaning more and more that those who are not eligible may no longer have a DVC card of any sort.

Do you need to show your DVC card at the parking kiosk to get free parking if you choose to drive?

Do you need to show your DVC card at the parking kiosk to get free parking if you choose to drive?
Free parking is a perk of staying onsite, not of DVC membership. So you'll need to scan your MB or show your park ticket, not your DVC member card. To enter the resort parking lot where you're staying, again you'll scan your MB or resort key card (when you first arrive on checkin day, you'll need to go to the left to talk to the guard, after that you can go to the right). If staying offsite, you'll need to pay to park at the parks, unless you have an AP.

Free parking is a perk of staying onsite, not of DVC membership. So you'll need to scan your MB or show your park ticket, not your DVC member card. To enter the resort parking lot where you're staying, again you'll scan your MB or resort key card (when you first arrive on checkin day, you'll need to go to the left to talk to the guard, after that you can go to the right). If staying offsite, you'll need to pay to park at the parks, unless you have an AP.
Didn’t this change? I thought cash stays in DVC rooms for non-DVC members paid for parking now.

Didn’t this change? I thought cash stays in DVC rooms for non-DVC members paid for parking now.

Cash stays in a DVC room by people other than owners will pay for resort overnight parking. But, they still get free parking at the parks. That is currently free for all onsite guests. Being DVC only gets you resort parking for free when you stay at a DVC resort...paying points or cash...or stay at a non DVC resort paying with points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter