List of Events to Consider When Deciding When to Visit WDW

N

nw6675

I don't think I've seen a consolidated list of things to consider when deciding when to go - so many ask for us to weigh in on this time versus that time, why is everything booked, etc. I didn't have time to enter typical dates. What am I forgetting?

Off the top of my head (and with great input from others):

January - New Years, Marathon, MLK, Festival of the Arts, large tour groups
February - President's Day and Dance Competition, Daytona, Mardi Gras, Princess Run
March - Possibly Easter and Spring Break, F&G, RunDisney
April - Possibly Easter and Spring Break, F&G
May - Mother's Day, Memorial Day, some states end school year mid to late May. F&G
June - Father's Day, summer breaks typically start, F&G
July - Independence Day, F&G, F&W, large tour groups
August - F&W, Halloween parties
September - Labor Day, F&W, Halloween parties
October - Fall breaks, Columbus Day, F&W, Halloween and parties
November - Christmas parties, F&W, Veterans Day, Jersey week, holiday decorations, Thanksgiving, Festival of the Holidays, RunDisney
December- Pop Warner Cheering Comp (tentative - believed to have moved to Universal going forward), Christmas parties, holiday decorations, Christmas and NYE, Festival of the Holidays

Updated 3/24/2023

Last edited by a moderator:
Lately, I would add to Feb Mardi Gras, Daytona, and Princess runs. Jan is Festival of the Arts, which we've seen growing in popularity the last couple Januarys. November is also F&W runs, and Thanksgiving break can be very popular.

Is Labor Day typically NOT busy?
There's also Thanksgiving in Nov.
Labor Day is busy but not what you would expect since most if not all kids are back in school. The holiday weekend itself can be busy but it doesn't feel like some of the other holiday weekends like President's Day, Columbus and Veteran's days, etc. I think that's in part to people not pulling kids out for a one day holiday when school's just started. Whereas for us, some years, President's day is a two day holiday so we get a 4 day weekend. Same with veteran's day.

Another vote for Mardi Gras in Feb or March. I have been there twice during Mardi Gras week and now check the dates closely before picking mine for early March. It should be referred to as Louisiana week similar to Jersey Week. Totally nuts.

Not according to the year 2023 this year ESPN Calendar of events.

View attachment 748295

That’s an Allears page, not ESPN. So not official. This was Pop Warners tweet announcing the move.

71EAD2A4-9956-4D68-BDFC-E8EA539638CF.png

Pop Warner themselves says Universal is the new home for their championship week. This years info isn’t available yet, but there has been no announcement it’s moving away from Universal.

Last edited:
our favorite times are either Flower and Garden or Food and wine. Both are different, but equally good.

Does Festival of the Holidays in Nov/Dec impact crowds? There is almost always a festival at EPCOT now (which I like).

Does Festival of the Holidays in Nov/Dec impact crowds? There is almost always a festival at EPCOT now (which I like).
Having gone that time of year for a long time, because we love the holiday feel - I'd say the FOH has probably impacted the EPCOT crowds just a tiny bit. But it's always been a popular time to visit. The 'festival' designation mostly means they have many additional stands open for specialty food and drink items. And you're quite right - almost like a festival all year long!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter