Little Boys Dress Code-4 Day Wonder

BABYJOSIE98

DIS Veteran
:earsboy: Hey everyone, just wondering if little boys have to be in dress pants each night on the ship for dinner???:confused:

Could they be in dressy shorts and a nice shirt for Parrott Cay or Animators Palate?????:hyper: :hyper:

Thanks for any help you can give. My Best Friend is going along with us and her 5 year old DS and this is her first cruise??? I could not remember what the boys were wearing cause I have a girl??? She always wants to be a princess: and dress up??

We were on the 4-day last year. I brought pants and golf-type shirts for my 4-year old son for AP and PC. I brought 2 long-sleeve shirts for Lum. and Captains night. Captains night also included a tie, and we had a family photo done.
But, it turned out that we got late-seating, so we would feed the kids at the snackbar and put the in the club (great activites at 7:00 p.m.) and then we ate alone every time. But, looking around, I think I brought the correct clothing for him. If you have a nice pair of dressy shorts, I think that is okay too, but everyone has a different opinion on this one!

I started a lovely stir this spring when I asked how to dress my nine year old twins on a four day in July. The kids and I agreed to follow the suggestion of the boards and I asked pants or shorts. The answer on the boards was pants (since that is what Disney requests) and a polo type or actual button shirt. I went with that and was glad I did. Most children were dressed in similar clothes (aside from the ever present t-shirt crowd). Shorts are OK, but not the norm
Barbara

We girls are wearing dresses and with nice shirts and pants for DH and DS, but I saw a few pictures of trips showing some diners dressed like bums. I think the worst one was a lunch photo, but the ratty shorts, shirts and even backward-worn old ballcap looked so tacky. It sounds like most diners try to dress up a bit, though, so we will do so, also.

I would think a very young boy (under 6 or 7 perhaps) would be fine with dress shorts and dress or polo shirt.

on our 4-day last OOctober my son, 6 worepanta, dockers-like but zipper-off and "hawaiian" type shirts. they were button up but were not "tucked in". He looked fine. I don't remember seeing many kids wearing ties. The hardest part for me was the shoes...he hated wearing "dress shoes", so right after dinner he would change his shoes into his sneakers and zipped off the legs of his pants so they were shorts!!
:wave2: :jester: :sunny:

You have all been very helpful!

I will let my friend know. Khaki pants sound like the ticket...:wave: :wave: :wave:

I think I've read every post on this subject in the last 6 mos, since I have a 5 y.o. ds who virtually never wears pants; they are truly irritating for him. What I've gathered from the majority of experienced cruisers is that pants are probably the ideal even for young boys, but if it's going to cause a major crisis in the family, then life and the cruise are too short to battle over it, and nice shorts and shirt (showing an effort to be respectful of the dining environment) will be fine. Amazingly, my ds has agreed to try long pants on formal night if we will let him dress up like a waiter! :p

DS (5) wore khakis every night and polo shirts, which he loves, and sandals.
If you have a little boy in khakis every night do what I did, bring along oxy-clean wipes--these saved us a couple of times from permanent stains, like the first night DS almost dropped his mac & cheese and I went to grab it--with my barbecue rib stained hand!
Robin M.

Hey Rockin Robin
You must have been at Parrot Cay!
Aren't those ribs the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter