Little Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
I just got back from a week at Little Brazil(AKA Disney's All-Star Sports Resort).;):)

Was anyone else there this week.I would love to hear your experiences at this new South American-themed resort.;):)

I'm gonna guess this has something to do with BTGs, right??? We have been there, done that this past January and actually are upgrading to a moderate b/c of our experience hoping to avoid some of that drama this January!

Love to hear your experience though! ;)

I have my safety harness on and I am ready to ride this one out... Should be fun. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Maybe on your next trip you should stay at the GF. You can sit in the lobby and enjoy the piano player and the band. Hopefully you won't get those All American cheerleader groups and Pop Warner kids visting the hotel, going through the lobby, and spoiling your time.

Code:
I just got back from a week at Little Brazil(AKA Disney's All-Star Sports Resort).;):)

Was anyone else there this week.I would love to hear your experiences at this new South American-themed resort.;):)

You survived the week .:thumbsup2
Would like to hear about it and don't worry about anyone here.

:rotfl2: Just left yesterday and I so can relate! I was at a different resort but the kids we saw for the most part were very polite, courteous and well supervised. I am guessing they're not too keen on Animals. We only saw 2 groups on our Animal Kingdom day.

A good friend of mine is Brazilian and he won't go anywhere near the park in July. He goes to Brazil to see his family. He says it's much less crowded down there then.:lmao:

I wasn't there this week, but a friend of mine just got back last night. I was talking to her today and she said that there were so many BTGs around. My friend and her family go every other year and always during July around this week. She said that she doesn't remember there being so many at one time. They were staying at BCV, so the groups weren't at the resort, but once they got in the parks....it was crazy.

We experienced the Brazilian Tour invasion few years ago when we went the last week of July. There were so many of them we could not get on any rides, thankfully there were none at the GF where we were staying. We swore never to return in the middle of the summer.

We were there last year August 2-9 and did not see them except once at EPCOT.

What is the appeal of visiting in July for them? Just wondering about the timing and why we have only seen one tour group over a decade of August visits?

What is the appeal of visiting in July for them? Just wondering about the timing and why we have only seen one tour group over a decade of August visits?

I guess you have been very lucky to have run into them only once, or we were very unlucky to run into them in every park , every day for a week.......

We just got back. Stayed at POFQ but the parks were loaded with the tour groups. They were very rude and unchaparoned.

We were at Blizzard Beach yesterday and they were all over the place there too. They were locking the inner tubes together in the lazy river and if you got near them they would kick or push your raft. Yet they were blocking the entire river.

In December last year, a BTG pushed my 2 year old and 75 year old grandmother into a wall at the Haunted Mansion hard. My 2 year old was panicking and I pushed them off my daughter where they fell onto the floor. I will not tolerate them pushing people especially young and elderly around. There was an announcement overhead but never did a cast member come to control them nor see if we were ok. Not going into detail as to what I said to them but I have never had a good encounter with a BTG. The further away from me, the better.

We ran into one of the groups two week ago while shopping at the exit of the Princess meet and greet on Main Street. While yes, they were herded into a small area, they were just genuinely excited to see and try on some of the merchandise ( hats, for instance). They had several chaperones with them and the Disney CM's had no problem approaching the chaperones to ask the groups to break up into smaller amounts of kids so that others could pass through the exit. IMO this is just cultural and not something hostile that these teens were doing to bother other guests. When asked to move, they did and were not offended. I'm sure if I went to Brazil, I'd have to adapt to their culture but would not be angry with them for it. And yes, I have been in the midst of major amounts of BTG's in the past, so I am well aware of their impact.

Mich Mouse said:

In the southern hemisphere it's winter, like January is to us. I think they may have break.

We ran into one of the groups two week ago while shopping at the exit of the Princess meet and greet on Main Street. While yes, they were herded into a small area, they were just genuinely excited to see and try on some of the merchandise ( hats, for instance). They had several chaperones with them and the Disney CM's had no problem approaching the chaperones to ask the groups to break up into smaller amounts of kids so that others could pass through the exit. IMO this is just cultural and not something hostile that these teens were doing to bother other guests. When asked to move, they did and were not offended. I'm sure if I went to Brazil, I'd have to adapt to their culture but would not be angry with them for it. And yes, I have been in the midst of major amounts of BTG's in the past, so I am well aware of their impact.

Yes, they get excited, but don't care or seem to even notice how they affect others around them, like the poster who had her 2 yr old pushed over.
I was in the Epcot Italy courtyard when a group of them pushed by me and knocking into me, I almost ended up on the ground, but was able to regain my balance, while they were running up to the raised area to do their cheer. Not one looked back, or apologized to me. IMO its just plain rude, and dangerous. I have a very bad knee, and if I did fall on it, that would end my vacation. Pushing people out of their way isn't an option. And in my opinion, hostile. :mad:

the famous BTG threads.....:rotfl: I don't mind excitement either....but rudeness is not a cultural thing....so we should stop saying it is.
A couple years ago when a group of spanish speaking teens in matching shirts tried to shove by myself and kids on a ride,and then tried again when I stood in their way, then when I shook my head (like any good mama would do) they tried the 'no english,we don't understand you' routine...:rotfl2:
But a solid "NO!!!" for the last time was enough to let them know that pushing is rude,no matter where you are. And, it translates easily too.:thumbsup2they backed away and didn't try again. Maybe they need their moms with them so they remember their manners.....:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter