Little Happies

My "plans" for today. Just hanging out in bed, watching random stuff on my Roku, with a purring kitty by my side. Just finished my lunch of a hot bowl of French Onion Soup and I am looking through Slow Cooker cookbooks for new recipes.

Just a calm and quiet day.

I am on-call 24 hours for my work once every 7 weeks. I was on last week and we were inundated due to extreme weather conditions. I'm off as of this morning (it was a long weekend) and it is an amazingly good feeling!! :cloud9: After having been chained to my phone 'round the clock for 8 days, the sound of the text alert makes my eye twitch. I left my phone in the car for the night and I won't even think about it. :banana:

We won the makeshift lottery required to attend church in person today for the first time in several weeks. Due to Covid occupancy limits, which are enforced extremely strictly, that's a big deal. It was lovely and makes the day feel so much more like a "real" Sunday than staying home and livestreaming. :cloud9:

My little happy yesterday was that I tried a cinnamon bun recipe that calls for yeast and it turned out great!!! Was much easier than I thought. It was from Americas Test Kitchen and the dough only needed to rise once. The family loved them!!

Today's little happy was really a big happy. I went to the Dr. the other day and came home and thought I left my Kindle (which I use everyday) in the car. Didn't think much of it and I would just get it in the morning. Went to the car the next day and couldn't find it. Searched the whole car and nothing. I had just bought it in June so was so upset at the thought of losing it. I searched the whole house and couldn't find it. Even left a message at the Dr.'s office to see if I possibly left it there. For 3 days I was searching everywhere. My wonderful husband pulled the couch out today to clean and when lifting up a blanket it fell out!! Yay! I was so happy! I think it must have been on the couch and somehow got tangled in the blanket and one of the grandkids threw the blanket behind the couch. Never would have thought to look there!! It was a good day.

MJ

Seeing my best friend of 48 years yesterday (we‘ve been friends since we were 2 years old)
She doesn’t live close to me, so when we do have a chance to see each other it’s very special :goodvibes

We'll take them wherever we can find them, right? What little thing has made you happy lately?

It's been a record-breaking cold, grueling week here with daytime temps in the -40'cC with the wind-chill. Just getting through it takes it out of you when it goes on for this long.

Mid-morning today I needed to iron a blouse. The ironing board is in a room I am virtually never in at that time of day and I was surprised by the most beautiful, radiant and warm sunbeam shining in the window right where I needed to stand. :sunny: Just basking in it for the few minutes the task took was amazing - it's kind of crazy how much it raised my spirits. A much appreciated "little happy". :lovestruc

Our retriever appreciates the sunbeam stream too! Heck! I've thought of setting up my lounge chair beside him.. :dog2:

On a more poignant offering our 50th! His 70th! Had us on the receiving end of a steady stream of Congrats! Mail, gift cards, collages just keep on coming!! :lovestruc20210220_101619.jpg

hmm... :scratchin

20210222_164657.jpg

Last edited:
no wind on the shore of the colorado river this mornng after two days of intense wind. barefoot in the moring, gathering party flotsam, found a great weathered quarter, going to drill a hole and convert to jewelry, that nice of patina. great bargins at habby lobby in the middle of nowhere desert shopping with sister. and Crudens, first time eating the burger...fantastic.

Yesterday it was mid-60s and felt warmer than that in the sun and I opened up the windows in the house for most of the day. It was glorious. Today is back to winter (feels like 38) but hey I got a nice sunny day. It perked up my mood and allowed me to air out the house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter