Little known Concierge services?

KT2023

Earning My Ears
What are some services that concierge will provide that a lot of people just don't think to ask for? This is our 2nd cruise, first time concierge.

For example, I did not realize we could ask them to stock our room fridge with our favorite drinks. I wonder if I could have my son's favorite bedtime snack and milk available in room every night?

There are refrigerators in the lounge stocked with different types of Milk if i remember correctly. You could grab a couple and put them in your fridge at anytime.

For example, I did not realize we could ask them to stock our room fridge with our favorite drinks. I wonder if I could have my son's favorite bedtime snack and milk available in room every night?
Mileage will vary on the fridge stocking thing. Shoreside is quick to mention it but the requests often do not make it onboard. It used to be that way on Wonder/Magic before they had lounges, but we've never had any success after that. They usually assume you'll go to the lounge to restock.

Of course, if you ask for a product not usually stocked, it might be different and they should provide them directly to you. Those products need to be Coke-distributed. They could also be a specific bottle of wine.

Since we drink cocktails instead of beer or wine, we've been successful at getting the lounge bartender to obtain a specific bottle from a lounge for us to enjoy at cocktail hour. They got us specific gins, rhums and liqueurs so we could have more options.

We always just get drinks from the lounge and take it to our fridge. Have not really had success having it pre-stocked, but easy enough to do ourselves. I assume they could arrange for room service to bring milk and cookies - or just get it in the lounge when you want it. We like to get a bag of popcorn from the hosts before going to see a movie. The pillow menu is great, but we have not been super successful getting our selections since restart after covid.

The pillow menu 🥰 Big fan of the pillow menu. Had it noted on our reservation by shoreside and when we arrived our steward mentioned he knew about the request and would provide the pillows at turn-down. Additionally- we wanted mainly waters in our cooler and them restocked daily. also noted and done each day.

Could you tell me what "shoreside" means? I'm assuming that's concierge you talk to before boarding the ship. Is that at the dock or the ones you talk to via phone/email?

Could you tell me what "shoreside" means? I'm assuming that's concierge you talk to before boarding the ship. Is that at the dock or the ones you talk to via phone/email?
The Concierge-dedicated team that contacts you through email and phone, notes your requests, book your excursions, etc.

We find that for any special request that involves how things work onboard - getting MDR meals in the room, getting priority seating, getting special drinks or food in the lounge - they are often out of touch or out of sync with the onboard concierge teams. Very often, when we arrived onboard, we were told that something we were told would be done was in fact not possible or that the onboard team had simply not received our request.

In that domain, DCL suffers in comparison to the Concierge experience on Celebrity, especially considering the premium they ask for. All our requests made to Celebrity Shoreside have always been promptly acknowledge by the onboard team and already taken care of if they could. The fridge was stocked with our requested drinks, the afternoon canapés were modified to our liking, etc.

Last edited:
You can show your room key at the snack stands and they will give you “free” popcorn.

I was able to have them stock the bar with non alcoholic spirits for my mocktails ….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter