Little Things that Make You Smile

Thank you for this thread! Iā€™ve been having a rough time too, but reading these really did help me take a deep breath and get out of my own circumstances for a minute.
My college daughter and her friends were over tonight. One friend was talking about the problems with roommates and how hard they can be. We only live 30 minutes from the college, and I told them that if they ever need a break from roommates or just want a homemade meal, they are always welcome at our house. The way they reacted melted my heart. Youā€™d think Iā€™d offered them something much bigger. They both stared at me and said, ā€œAww!ā€ in unison. The looks on their faces will stay with me. It made me feel good.

When I come into the living room each morning, my adorable bunny is always waiting for me at the edge of the rug. He runs around my feet and jumps around with excitement. He knows it's time for his greens so he follows me to the kitchen. I love our little routine! If anyone sits down in the living room to put on their shoes the bunny will appear, seemingly out of nowhere, to "help." He takes it as an opportunity to jam his head under your hand and demand that you pet him. You have to plan a little extra time when putting on your shoes because you will be held hostage by the bunny. If you don't sit and pet him for a few minutes, he will look very sad as you walk away. Then you have to go back and pet him some more.

Our beautiful Arizona sunrises and sunsets...so many gorgeous colors. I always say "thank you".
The sun-kissed mountains in the morning as I drive to work.
Braking for little cottontail bunnies and Gambel quail families crossing the street near my school and saying hi to them.
Watching a struggling student finally "get" long division.
Having Kinders and first graders give me a big smile while saying "hi" to me in the hallway...and I have no idea who they are!
My "Mr. Naughty-Pants" cat, Pippin, deciding to cuddle with me on the couch.
My son's beautiful brown eyes and smiles.
When our favorite Middle-Eastern restaurant has fresh baklava!

DGS#2 has a phone now, and he gets to FT me 2x a week. (Had to set limits, otherwise he'd be calling 4x a day, haha) He's only 5, but the phone goes into his backpack when he goes to the sitters, school, and playdates. It only has his parents, DH, myself, DS, his other gma, non-emergency emergency numbers (poison control, the non-emergency base MP and civilian police) plus 9*1*1 allowed calls in or out. (IDK what phone it is, but DD says that setup was the only reason he was allowed to get it; also they shut off texting, and he can only use kids FB messenger).

When DD#1 calls and I get to talk to DGS#3 and #4. #3 is really getting better on his speech, and #4, who is not quite 5 months old, has almost mastered sitting up on his own; can roll over on his own (but gets caught on those chubby thighs and belly of his, lol); lights up and chatters back when his Mimi talks to him on FT; and is eating a full container of baby food 2-3x a day (and is trying to hold the spoon). (8 oz bottles every hour at 3 months old, and he wasn't being satisfied; pedi said start with the solids slowly, for those who...like me...are like 'isn't that a little young') We joke that his 5G booster from mama must be kicking in, for him to be so advanced already.

When DH rolls over and starts giving me a back rub in the early mornings, or when we are sitting on the couch, and he'll pull my feet up and start rubbing them.

My MJ kitty likes to come and lay on my left leg when I'm on the couch; only the left will do. If I'm at my computer desk, she'll climb up and push me back until she can climb up and lay on my chest. She's done that since she was little; it's how I got her to accept being a housecat, instead of being a stray outdoor cat.

My Tiana kitty likes to sit on my computer desk while I'm on it, and if I put on a video of birds and squirrels eating in the woods, she gets so excited. She will also sit on the arm of the couch (right side) if I'm sitting in my spot.

DS's Mittens kitty will come to us on the couch when she needs petting; DH has to put his hand around her and 'push' her to lay down beside him and she'll snuggle up for hours, but she won't lay down like that without him putting her there. If he doesn't do it, she'll just sit there and stare at him for an hour.

Finding a book by an author I like for sale for less than $3 on my Kindle!

My little thing happened to my mom.
She is older, cannot walk easily, and is/has been
nearly a shut-in due to her health & Covid.
Yesterday she went to her mailbox (thankfully able to)
and found home-made valentine's from the children
across the street.
So sweet, and I'm thankful families still do this.

This really made me smile. :-)

I love the Meme thread........it's just that itty bitty laugh first thing in the morning that makes me feel good. My sister and I even share a meme each morning now via text. :goodvibes:

I agree, it has been a lovely escape for a smile/laugh these last couple of years -- and still is. :-)

...Plus, this thread today reminding me of these things counts, too. :-)

DW and I adopted a couple of kittens that are now almost 4 months old. They are sisters and they play with each other and us (and the grandkids.) They are so cute finding all the nooks and crannies in the house. And if any of our houseplants survive their stint as cat toys, it'll be a miracle.:cat::cat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter