Live Action Reimagining

MarknStitch

Earning My Ears
Hi all

I know there is a great deal of discussion about the remaking of Disney Classics and its a very divisive subject. Why change something that was pretty awesome in the first place?

Personally, I don't mind them having another shot at making a movie or telling that story. Many of the Disney movies are themselves, not the original story and are 'reimaginings' themselves. In many cases, Disney are not the only ones to have made a version of the story. The newer live action versions are likely to encourage people to go back and watch the older animations too, which is never a bad thing. Either way, they are happening and in all honesty, the ones I have seen, I have enjoyed.

The vast majority of the Disney Classic Animations are versions of fairytales told in a way that suits the audience at the time. Many of these classics stand the test of time and can still be enjoyed so really do not need another version to tell the story.

However, some could really benefit by a fresher take. With that in mind, which Disney movies would you like to see revisited in Live Action?

One that I would like to see get the treatment is The Black Cauldron. I have a lot of love for this movie and what Disney were attempting to achieve but unfortunately what ended up in the cinema wasn't necessarily what the filmmakers had originally planned. I think that given the success of fantasy movies like Lord of the Rings, The Black Cauldron could really suit a live action movie with the darker tone that many seem to love so much at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter