!!!! LIVE from 6/11 !!!!

Mississaugamom...Claudio will be on the ship in August. I told him you were asking about him. Very nice guy.

dreamflight99 said:
Well Judy..we were SUPPOSED to leave @ 5:00 pm...but were delayed by some MISSING guests!! :confused3 The crew waited and waited for them, and they kept "announcing" their names and stateroom numbers over the PA as well. It was the first time I've ever witnessed such an EXTENDED delay by DCL. It was nearly 45 minutes past the hour when the ship began moving out. This happened again, in CABO. I never recall this happening on any other Disney cruise. I always thought if you were LATE, or missed the TIME for departure...they ship would LEAVE. PERIOD. :rolleyes: Lots of differences this time around. :earboy2:

What Judy was trying to say was that the itinerary for the Mexican Riviera cruises listed us as being in Mazatlan until 8 pm....but it has since been changed to 5 pm. Yes, we were late pulling out due to the couple that was late...BUT.....the ship waited nearly as long as it did, mostly because one of the performers who was getting on the ship in Mazatlan was late. After he arrived, the ship had started to pull away....maybe 4 feet from the pier, when the Mexican authorities radioed that the couple was on their way. A plank was dropped, and they got on. If they were going by the itinerary listed when we got our docs, they were correct..it said 8 pm. But the Navigators and signs DID say "4:30 all aboard". Always read the Navs!

And, we were not late leaving Cabo. We pulled out at exactly the correct time.

justmestace said:
What Judy was trying to say was that the itinerary for the Mexican Riviera cruises listed us as being in Mazatlan until 8 pm....but it has since been changed to 5 pm. Yes, we were late pulling out due to the couple that was late...BUT.....the ship waited nearly as long as it did, mostly because one of the performers who was getting on the ship in Mazatlan was late. After he arrived, the ship had started to pull away....maybe 4 feet from the pier, when the Mexican authorities radioed that the couple was on their way. A plank was dropped, and they got on. If they were going by the itinerary listed when we got our docs, they were correct..it said 8 pm. But the Navigators and signs DID say "4:30 all aboard". Always read the Navs!

And, we were not late leaving Cabo. We pulled out at exactly the correct time.
EYE...EYE, CAPTAIN! :teeth:

Well, I'd love to stay and continue this tete-a-tete love fest, but it's time for dinner, and we have to decide whether to fire up the Hummer, the Jag, or call the chauffer to bring the limo around!

Ta Ta!:wave2:

justmestace said:
Well, I'd love to stay and continue this tete-a-tete love fest, but it's time for dinner, and we have to decide whether to fire up the Hummer, the Jag, or call the chauffer to bring the limo around!

Ta Ta!:wave2:
Or...simply hop off this world for a for a spell--and climb aboard the CAT in Cabo, where you'll be served and treated like MILLIONAIRES! (LOL). Just a thought. ;) Enjoy your eve & Din-Din!! Ta Ta RBA... :wave2:

Thanks Stace---I guess we were confused when we saw our navigators about the earlier than scheduled port departure however we did not care as I was ready to get back on our glorious luxury boat by 3pm. I also thought we left Cabo right as scheduled. We were in que for tenders and were on the last couple of boats back. It seemed like we barely got up to our room and off the Magic went around the windy corner. In fact we laughed so hard because we ran up to get cokes and left the verandah door open and when we came back and opened up the hallway door I felt like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. I expected to find ruby red slippers under my bed. Everything was blown off all the desks and our suits that were trying to dry on the balcony were lucky to be still clinging on. After that we decided our clothes had to stay inside our room for the remainder of the trip dry or not.

Judy, I actually hadn't remembered that we were scheduled to leave Mazatlan (orginally) at 8 pm or whatever it was! It's funny, looking back now at our reservation confirmation.....we didn't have any real plans for Mazatlan, so when the Navs said 3:30 (or whatever it was) I didn't think twice about it. But some friends that are cruising in August had asked me about the times, and I saw your post, and that's when I realized they had switched the time on us!

I think my friends on the August cruise know what I meant.

Does anyone know why the ship leaves at 8pm sometimes and at 5pm another time? :confused3

jlawall said:
Does anyone know why the ship leaves at 8pm sometimes and at 5pm another time? :confused3

I think it is a permanent change to 5 PM . I received an update of our itinerary/stateroom from the TA last week and it listed Mazatlan as leaving port at 5PM. Maybe it has do with the other cruise shp that is docking there also. Stagering leaving times?

diznefan76 said:
dreamflight99-were you on the June 4th cruise as well??? The two people that almost missed the ship departure happened to be 2 of our tablemates...not the brightest crayon in the box! But they thought that we were departing at 8pm...of course they didn't read the navigator and definently did not read the sign at the gangway! Otherwise they would have known!!! They did feel bad about holding the departure time up. What amazed me is that we were actually pulling away from the dock as the trolley was bringing them back to the ship and we ended up coming back for them. They really did get lucky because they didn't have alot of money on them nor their passports....just photo ID....wonder what they would have done!!!!
Yes, I was. :goodvibes How frightening! They must have been scared...I can only imagine. Did they discuss this over dinner?! :confused3 Incredible. Our servers informed us if a CM is late, they are left behind...and immediately terminated. It actually has happened in the past. :earseek: I was sure to carefully read the navigator each eve upon returning to our stateroom. I wanted to insure we were properly informed of any schedule changes and details, (besides...it's entertaining to read!). I knew it was "urgent" by the way they kept announcing the names/cabin of these MIA'S!! LOL. Hope the remainder of their cruise was uneventful and enjoyable. It will certainly prove MEMORABLE! :p

:wave2: DF99

Yes... definately read your Navigators every day! I was surprised by the departing port time in Matz also. We changed our plans because of this.

Hello all. We're home safe. Just wondering who rebooked while on board and when are you cruising again?

We rebooked for 9/02/06.

We are going for our 25th anniv. in May 2007. So we rebooked as far out as we could (Dec. 30 2006) and will change the date as soon as 2007 dates come out. I'd like to play around for a bit with the different categories and dates to see what prices we can come up with. If I win the lottery before then I'll book the 1 or 2bedrm suite that we saw!

pppiglet said:
We are going for our 25th anniv. in May 2007. So we rebooked as far out as we could (Dec. 30 2006) and will change the date as soon as 2007 dates come out. I'd like to play around for a bit with the different categories and dates to see what prices we can come up with. If I win the lottery before then I'll book the 1 or 2bedrm suite that we saw!

If you win the lottery and book that suite can I come in your luggage. I'll try to get us in the Roy Disney suite this time.

My family asked why I didn't just book with Danielle while on board. If I had known they would be that excited to go I would have. I'm waiting to see if they'll bring out a new itenerary closer to home. Aren't they supposed to be announcing something on that 6 day cruise they're having in June or July?

Sherri

If I win the lottery and you can get down to 70Lbs, then you can go in my luggage! I would love to have you on our next cruise!

1. Don't go on the Pirate Excursion in PV unless you have a strong equilibrium. My daughter and I got very seasick on the little pirate ship.
2. If you get called up to be on Who Wants To Be A Mouseketeer, make sure your zipper is up. :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter