Live from HRH #5073 - Parking Circle View

jaysue

DIS Veteran
OK all first stay at HRH - arrived about 0900 from Boardwalk Villas on Friday and they had the room available.

The room is in very good shape - some scuff marks here and there is the only fault I can see (very minor). The carpet could use some fresher colours as well.

All is in working order, great water pressure, nice having sink outside of the bathrom,beds are firm and in great shape.

The view is of the parking circle - not a big deal for me, but I could see it being a potential issue for those keen on the view from the room.

Really like the walking paths between the 3 onsite hotels and USF/IOA - good strolling distance.

I find that the HRH is a very good hotel but after visiting all 3 hotels, I would stay at the RPR next time as that theme seems more up my alley.

Lots of plusses:

Nice lobby
Great check in, bell, valet and concierge services staff - restaurant staff quite attentive as well
Room in very good shape
Very nice pool, especially slide
Excellent location to walk to USF/IOA/Citywalk
Nice room size
2 sinks in bathroom
Electronic lock on in-room safe

Some minuses:

Too many people coming in too late at night making too much noise - it is not just people next door but ones walking down the hallway, and I find the doors close "loud"

Maybe I am missing something but the in hotel breakfast at The Kitchen being limited to a buffet only option is surprising to me for a hotel of this calibre

I would highly recommed the HRH with the caveat above of the night activity

thanks
jaysue

When we stayed at RPR last April we requested a room at the end of the hall so we wouldn't have people walking by our room late at night. I'll need to remember to do that when we are at the HRH this April.

Glad you're having a good time otherwise!

T&B

First off... I lost my old screen name don't know why? I am taking the boys to HRH in August for the twins Birthday.
Did you check out the Cabanas by the pool?
Any advice on HRH with the kids is appreciated!

twinmomplus2new - we rented a cabana each day of our stay and loved them - any questions I'd be glad to answer - how old are your twins? - there are a few cabanas right next to the kiddie pool, which was great the day my brother's 2 yo grandson joined us!

jaysue - that's right next to one of the rooms we had - is it a connecting room? - I know my kids had a bit of noise coming from under the connecting door ! Hope you're having a wonderful time!

Enjoy the sun - it's freezing !!!! up here !!:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Had a great time all - it was a lot of fun - USF beats MGM hands down to me (with the exception of the TOT)

highlander447, I was too tired to go out to Citywalk that night so I thought I would surf a bit

The room was a connecting room but the noise was in general from the connecting room, hallway, next door etc. Not a huge deal but enough to make me realise that RPR is probably a better choice for me.

twinmomplus2, cabanas looked cool - did not need one - they rented for $75 per day - had private chairs, big space, TV etc. - they were also offering promos that week such as a free fruit basket to entice people. May have been due to time of year

thanks all for the replies

I thought the fruit basket was included in the rental? Did that change?

I've always got a fruit basket with cabana rental at the HRH and RPR.

Probably my misunderstanding - they advertised as if it was a bonus offering for renting a cabana like right now!

Ah, the power of advertising

thanks
jaysue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter