Live from Magic New Year's Cruise!

macbasset

Mouseketeer
Hi, we are out in the caribbean and it is a gray day; 13-20 foot waves! Hopefully it will be a little sunny tomorrow in St. Maarten. We are having a great time anyway; washing our hands a lot; haven't heard of anyone sick. They are using the refillable drink mugs again. Even though the seas are rough, it doesn't feel too bad. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Tomorrow is a special new year's menu and will be the formal night. Time to go to the show-- be back on later! Barb

Hi Barb! Great to hear from someone on the ship! Glad to hear everyone is well. Is it warm enough on the ship to lay-out in the sun or to swim this time of year?

Will they be shooting off fireworks for NYE?

Just curious.

Angie

Hey! Thanks for writing! I was thinking of you guys today. The second day of sailing was rough for us last summer. How was the deck today? Were you able to use the pools or was it too windy? How's the temperature? Have a great cruise!!!

this time of year??? Have we made another pin trading convert? I wish I could have been on the ships for NYE/NY they have the best Limited Edition pins for the holidays.

What have you thought of the islands?

Hi Barb....glad things are going Ok...except that the weather could be better....Have a happy New Year and hopefully the weather gets better.....:D

What movies are currently playing?

Thanks in advance for the info! Have a Caribbean Cooler for me!!!

It's 10 pm and the deck party for new year's is just starting, so i will be quick! the weather got progressively worse up until today. gale force winds and rain yesterday with 13-20 foot waves! however, today was 84 degrees and sunny in st. maarten. DH, DS and I went lagoon kayaking (whew, what a workout!) and then took a taxi to the french side to shop. they had a special new year's eve menu for dinner and it was a formal night- we were in luminere's. Saw Hercules the Muse- ical tonight too. They have a new year's eve party in about 8 locations tonight! balloons, hats, noisemakers, everywhere. the movies are lilo and stitch, santa clause 2, tuck everlasting, spy kids 2, big fat greek wedding, signs, sweet home alabama, treasure planet, not sure if any others. hopefully tomorrow will be sunny in st. thomas. We will be taking the leyland sneed to st. john. the water temp is pretty refreshing, uppers 70's to low 80's, breezy, but very warm and yes, we got sunburned! Lots of action tonight; many special activities going on. We heard two families were quarantined for illness, and someone got sick in the walt disney theatre- we have used an entire bottle of dial soap and now are working on a second--- but we are fine! we also used the idea from the boards about putting the remote in a baggy. our stateroom hostess thanked us for being so pro-active since they don't like to see anyone get sick. you still cannot touch anything on buffet lines, etc. which is fine with us. we are trying to sample just a spoonful of this and that rather than overeating and that helps not to feel too full! More later as we hit st. thomas and st. john. Barb

party.gif
Happy New Year Barb!!
partysmiley.gif

Thanks for checking in Barb. Sounds like they are really ready to party on the ship. Hope you have a great cruise!

:jester: :wave: We wish we were there:crazy: :wave:

Hope your having a great time, tell Mickey Mouse Happy New Year from us.

Thanks for the great update! You have to tell us what you did for New Year's Eve (which party you attended). I'm glad the weather is so nice!

Here it is Thursday, and we are having a great sunny day! New Year's Eve was great- there was a party and celebration at like 8 different locations! We spent most of the time by the goofy pool for the main family celebration. At quiet cove pool there was the big band sound and frank sinatra type music. At 11:30 pm, they passed out champagne in souvenir glasses and goofy was dressed as old father time and donald was dressed as the new year baby! They rang a bell at midnight! There were fabulous midnight buffets with each table having a different theme such as southwest cuisine, oriental, etc.

On New Year's day we did the 5 star trunk bay snorkel, but the waves were too rought to actually stop at trunk bay. they were concerned about the coral. We finally stopped by bluebeard's resort and anchored to swim and snorkel but it was rough. Water temperature is great and it was sunny and warm, but there were strong waves. Probably mid 80's or higher air temp.
This is getting a bit long, so will add more later. Barb

Here it is Thursday, and we are having a great sunny day! New Year's Eve was great- there was a party and celebration at like 8 different locations! We spent most of the time by the goofy pool for the main family celebration. At quiet cove pool there was the big band sound and frank sinatra type music. At 11:30 pm, they passed out champagne in souvenir glasses and goofy was dressed as old father time and donald was dressed as the new year baby! They rang a bell at midnight! There were fabulous midnight buffets with each table having a different theme such as southwest cuisine, oriental, etc.

On New Year's day we did the 5 star trunk bay snorkel, but the waves were too rought to actually stop at trunk bay. they were concerned about the coral. We finally stopped by bluebeard's resort and anchored to swim and snorkel but it was rough. Water temperature is great and it was sunny and warm, but there were strong waves. Probably mid 80's or higher air temp.
This is getting a bit long, so will add more later. Barb

Oops, I clicked twice! When we got back to the ship to leave in the afternoon, about 4-6 families were missing. We saw a jeep marked security race up to the dock with one family; don't know if the others made it or not. We were docked between two huge ships; one a P&O golden princess and Costa Atlantica. We pulled out from between them and had a dueling horns thing. The Magic blew once, then the Costa Atlantica, then the Magic twice then the CO twice, then three times, then the Magic ended it with her signature "When you wish upon a star." There was no doubt who won the dueling horns to the delight of the crowds as we waved goodby to the port and the other two ships.

Today is sunny and beautiful; we just finished a champagne brunch at Palo and took one of their excellent pizzas back to DS in the room. Hope to spend some time lounging by pool. Tonight is Disney Dreams and tomorrow castaway cay. There have been some new comedians, entertainers we haven't seen before.

More later, Barb

Sounds like a blast! I am jealous with envy!!!!!

I love reading posts while people are on the boat - But it makes it so hard to wait for my next cruise!!!

Sounds as if you are having a marvelous time and very glad you are! Keep on having fun!!!!

Another pesky question if you find time to answer--

What is the status of the drink station on deck 9? Staffed by CM's? Self-serv again (doubt it)? Hours of operation? And is it true that they now have iced tea and lemonade--which were not available when I was on the Wonder back in May '02

Happy New Year and everyone appreciates the On the scene reporting you have provided.:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Hi, yes, they have iced tea and lemonade at the drink station on deck 9; and yes, the CM's are handling ALL buffets, drink services, etc. We do not touch anything. They have returned to the refillable mugs however. But, they pour you a coke in a cup and then you dump it into your mug. They dont let you touch anything. We have been extremely careful about not touching handrails or doorknobs and washing up quite a bit; but we have not gotten sick! I believe it is our best defense.

We are getting ready to go to disney dreams. We laid in the sun by the pool for about an hour or so and then played the last jackpot bingo for over $5,000 dollars-- a young girl of about 18 or 19 won the whole thing; she was from mexico. Our stateroom hostess just brought us a gold foil circular tray of complimentary chocolates (a dozen) and a white choclate design of the ship. Each stateroom got them! Lots of special treatment and surprises! Our servers gave us free smoothies last night for dinner as well! Gotta go, be back on later. Happy New Year, Barb

Wow, thanks so much for sharing! Sounds like a great trip!

:Pinkbounc So glad you are having a blast!:Pinkbounc
I am really getting anxious for our upcoming cruise!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter