• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Live from the 12/7 Magic Cruise!

Forgive me for not posting much, I don't seem to be able to make it to the internet cafe too much this trip. :)

As for current movies, they are playing Lilo and Stitch, the Santa Clause and a couple of others. A lot of help I am, eh? ;) I'll look next time before I post. I think we are getting a "Premear at Sea" of Treasure Planet tomorrow night.

As Alex said, some of the biggest changes I have seen are the 24-hour drink station being closed and they now serve you EVERYTHING at all buffets. The refillable mugs are gone for soda but I saw someone with the huge ESPN beer mugs today giving them to a server, so I think those may still be okay, but I'm not sure.

At the Castaway Club reception today Captain John said we had the LARGEST number of repeat cruisers on this sailing by far, in his experience -- over 900! :) That's about half the total sailing on this cruise. :) Even at the CC reception they would bring you small plates of appetizers, no more buffet. They are being EXCEPTIONALLY careful about cleanliness.

It's even more than new mattresses and pillows, apparently the entire ship was ripped apart and they have new chairs, carpet, tables, etc. etc. One crew member called it a "mini dry dock" and I believe her. And everyone is perfectly FINE on this sailing, no reports of illness at all.

The weather is getting WARMER and SUNNIER the farther we get into the Caribbean and it's very, very relaxing...exactly the way a vacation should be. :sunny:

If anyone else has questions or if I missed any please post and I'll answer more tomorrow! :)

hello Alex - glad you had a chance to post - did you get off in Key West and have a chance to look at the stuff I included in your baskets? To any of those that are considering going the Western Cruise - remember that I will send you all the information needed to make your trip to key West just a little more interesting as to where to go, what to see and also discounts and coupons that will save you some monies there - I have said many times that anyone interested can email me and will be more than glad to send the information to you - all it cost is a self addressed/postage 9" envelope and that is it - I will be going back to my hometown the second week in January and will get more goodies while I am down there to share -
Michelle how did you like Key West - nothing like when I was growing up there - wow has it changed tho I liked it better when it was more laid back -
Hope all are enjoying their trips - Ann how did your son enjoy his cards? Hope he was surprised.
Take care and each have a great and Magical time.
always
Shirley

The beer mugs are definitely still available, we have them. I did notice them washing them out between refills.
Shirley! Thanks for the great info on Key West. The basket's were wonderful! The girls loved them :)

Was wondering about the beer mugs. Can they only be purchased and refilled at the ESPN Club? How much are they for the length of the 7 day cruise?

Hope you all are having a great time!

Hey Michelle -

Do we remember correctly that you were on the 12/8 sailing with us last year?

We're so jealous! Have a great trip!

Thanks Alex and Michelle for taking the time to keep us updated while you are on vacation. I know there are a thousand other things you could be doing so I appreciate it! I'm glad to hear the weather is warm and sunny where you are. It's COOOLLDD and foggy here in SLC. When we went on the 7 day Eastern 2 years ago they also served your food at the buffets. I thought it was just part of the pampering! It was kinda nice! I also liked having the sticker rather than taking the mugs around with us. We bought 3 mugs and thought we had lost 1 on the trip as we could only find 2. When we got home and unpacked, we had 4! eeeeewww!!

Thanks again for the updates!

I'm so glad you are having a good RELAXING time! You certainly deserve it! I just got off the Wonder last week and I'm insanely jealous of you. I someday would really love to go to Key West.

I saw a lot of the same efforts taking place on the Wonder. You really were not allowed to touch food at all, or even grab a plate from the buffet line. But the buffet servers were VERY friendly and tactful. And I have to say that I prefer being served at the buffet. I never went to the drink station on the Wonder, but I believe my friend Fran said it was open. It would make a LOT of sense to do away with it.

I saw the Magic when we pulled into port on Thursday and she really is a beauty! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Hi, there. Glad to hear that all is going well on your cruise. I do have a question.
Is the Magic still scheduled to be in dry dock next year?
My DH, DS, and myself are going to be on the Eastern Caribbean cruise next December. I remember reading about it. I was told by a CM through the CC (we will be return members), that when we sail, it will be like a "brand new ship" experience. :smooth: :smooth:
I'm glad to also hear that no one has gotton sick.:D
Hope you have a great time and thanks for keeping us all posted.

Lisa:bounce: :Pinkbounc :smooth:

Hi Alex and Michele:wave: Sounds like you're having a great time!!!

Hello from sunny Grand Cayman! :sunny:

The computers are slow today so this will be a short update. We're having a FABULOUS cruise, everything has been incredible. I even think the FOOD is better than it has been on past cruises, even if the menus are still the same. The crew has been absolutely magnificent too. :)

Our own DAGNY made it to the stage for WWTBAM last night and won $125 shipboard credit! :teeth: Unfortunately I was at ANOTHER game show and didn't see her big performance. We seem to be making our own fun wherever we end up on the ship. ;)

The Dueling Pianos guys are great too, I'm glad they showed up as they didn't have them the first two nights. Apparently one of them was sick so they flew in a replacement from Seattle.

Shirley, yes, I got your package, thank you! I basically just shopped in Key West and walked around town, it was great.

And yes, Eric, Julie & Hailey, I remember you! :) Wish you were here enjoying this cruise too.

Lisa, yes, I don't have the dates with me but the Magic will be in her regular dry dock in late September, early October I believe.

My ONLY complaint is that this week is going by TOO FAST! :)

Don't worry, Michelle, you still have three full days of fun left.

Since I'll be doing the western cruise this summer, I'm eager to hear about any excursions you guys did.

Hi Michelle,

On other groups, people are posting that some of the cruise lines will not serve a steak that is rare or med. rare. Only medium or well done, yuck. What is the story on the Magic?

I see you were in Grand Cayman today, one of my favorite ports. Did you swim with the stingrays, I think they are amazing creatures.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, I hope everyone stays healthy.

Sue - Magic 1/25/03

Ok some updates
The drink station is reopened but the hours are variable.. The CM there today said it would be open 7am untill he thought 10 pm. It is NOT self serve, it is blocked off and you tell the CM what you want.
The beer mugs are refillable anywhere.
Michelle and her husband Tim easily won the twist contest but some old couple had more friends there to clap louder, they were ROBBED!!!
The dueling piano guys featured me in a song, the lyrics to which will never EVER be posted on the dis... I will never listen to Steve Miller's "Space Cowboy" quite the same way!
They keep throwing extra twists in the procedures. This morning there was a guy at the entrance to the buffet with hand wipes.
They really do seem to be trying hard!
Cruise Director Jacky just announce we are ready to disembark at Cozumel so I will post more later!

Oh Alex, you were a perfect choice for the dueling piano guys! Wish I could have been there. Sounds like you had better players than we did....who are the piano players?

Michelle, glad to hear you're having an awesome time--twist a bit for me (I could use the exercise)

Thanks for taking the time to post--I really like hearing about what's going on aboard the ship!

P.S. Tell Robin that I said "hello" and that I hope he is staying well.

Sue Ellen

Originally posted by Tibbles98
Is the Magic still scheduled to be in dry dock next year?

The Magic is scheduled to be in drydock following the September 20, 2003 cruise, for two weeks. So it will be out of service from Sept. 27 through Oct. 10, resuming service with the Oct. 11 western.

Glad to hear it is warm onboard! We live in West Palm Beach but were in Orlando a few weeks ago and it was in the 40's! BRR! I wasn't sure whether to pack anything like sweaters for the cruise or not. I think I will pack mostly summery stuff.

No sickies on board still? That's GREAT!

December 14th - yea!!!!

Thanks for the reports guys, especially happy to hear that no one is sick! Everyone in my house is sick..... well except for the puppy and my DH. :)

I know you were doing the Fury Catamarran, Alex, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

And Michelle, we now have a different meaning for "Twisted" Sisters I guess! ;)
Cathy

LOL, my twisted sister! :teeth: ;)

Wow, it's been another AWESOME day, we did the Fury Catamaran today in Cozumel. What a blast! Oustanding catamaran and crew, plus we had PERFECT weather. I'm tired from all the sun (and gee, couldn't be from the fact we closed down the clubs last night) ;) but we have a day at sea tomorrow to recuperate.

SueEllen, you can most definitely get a steak cooked however you like it in any of the restaurants, including Palo. Not a problem. :)

Robin is a HOOT and he knows me well by now. :rolleyes: ;) 80s night last night was a blast; the first time I had ever experienced that. It was as much fun as I thought it would be. Deck party tonight, and we do have the OUTSTANDING Charles Marshall Band on this cruise. :)

Oh, the pianists in Dueling Pianos are Greg & Jeff.

Tonight is Treasure Planet, the kids are doing that, we're going to go do game shows, do the deck party and dance. :)

I'll check in tomorrow, and feel free to ask any more questions! :)

Hey Michelle...glad you are having a great time. Tell Robin to be prepared for our New York gang to arrive on 1/4!!!! Glad everything is going so well. Take care and enjoy that deck party!!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter