~live From The 9/16 Wonder~

MO64RN

I never repeat gossip. So listen carefully.
DH and I are here on the Wonder celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary. It is the first time cruising without our kids. We went to Palo's for dinner and it was delicious. DH had the veal scalopine and I had the filet. Serena was our server and she was awesome. DH surprised me with a beautiful tanzanite and diamond bracelet. He had them bring out on a platter for me as dessert. How sweet it was and a huge surprise.

The sail-away party was great and the weather awesome a little more windy than usual. But none the less sunny and warm. Looks like we are headed to Nassau in the morning.

We have a Cat 5 stateroom with a private verandah and love it. It is the first time in 5 cruises that we have one. I inquired about upgrading at the terminal and a Cat 3 was available for an additional $700. We decided against it though.

I will give an update tomorrow. Got to get some coffee!

Congrats and Best Wishes!! Sounds like you're having a nice time so far. Keep us updated! Have fun!!

That's awesome! I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Kim:sunny:

MO64RN, thanks for checking in! Glad the weather is good for you.

Quick question; not to "rain on your parade" but we are scheduled to cruise the Wonder on the 19th, have you heard any speculations about the sailing with Jeanne lurking about?

Thanks so much for your help on this!

Faith

The weather here is Nassau is beautiful today. We docked about 9 am. We just finished at the gym. After showering DH and I will grab a light lunch and head out to do some shopping. I also may take a ride to cable beach. We will be in port until 11pm and it was originally 5pm.

There is a tropical deck party tonight. Hope it doesn't rain as it was rained out on our last cruise in July.

They had a new music trivia game in wave bands last night. It was OK. the Dueling Piano's show was great. Only stayed a little of Hercules. We have seen it 4 times.

lilpooter,
I haven't heard anything as of yet. But I did miss the announcements this morning when we docked into Nassau as we were in our stateroom. I will keep you posted. I am wondering about CC tomorrow for us as well. I think the Magic should be there today. I did hear or read ts Jeanne is stalled at present.

MO64RN, so glad to hear the weather is nice for you. It sounds like you are really enjoying the trip.

Thanks for keeping me posted. I was curious to see if Jeanne will have any effect on your cruise, hope you will make it to CC tomorrow. Yes, TS Jeanne is stalled presently, predictions seem to think it may hit bahamas sometime Sunday.

Take care,
Faith

MO64RN - This is great! Thanks so much for posting while you're on board - I love reading these "live" threads - DBF and I are cruising on the 9/30 Wonder.

Keep us posted on the CC situation :)
Hope you have a WONDERful time :)

Thx for sharing your trip with us. I was thinking about you with the weather forecast. So glad it is all going well. Congrats on your anniversary and WTG for the surprise gift. How do you like the Wonder (I haven't sailed on that ship yet)

Glad you are having a great time!! My DH surprised me at Palo also. I had lost the diamond from my engagement ring of 20 years. This happened around Christmas. In Palo this July, he gave me this nice card and I started to get all teary eyed---then he pulls out a new ring!!! :earseek:

.....Just made the cruise even more magical!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise~
Karen

It was a beautiful day in Nassau today. We decided not to go to Cable Beach afterall. We did a little shopping and I bought my children some t-shirts at Del-sol(feeling guilty). We came back to the ship to see the Premiere of Mr. 3000 which was a fun film.

In port with us today is the Carnival Triumph, Glory, and Fantasy. The Miracle was also here when we arrived but left shortly there after. The Carribean Princess is also here.

After the movie in the Walt Disney Theater we took advantage of the adults only pool and hot tubs which were pretty crowded. Actually deck 9 was pretty crowded overall. You would think it was a day at sea. The lines for Scoops and Plutos were also pretty long.

Tonight is the Tropical Deck Party. I think the weather should hold out. As far as I know we are still on for CC.

I already paid our tips to avoid long lines tomorrow and haven't even met our servers yet as we were at Palo's last night. Tonight we dine at Animator's.

jlawall, the Magic and Wonder are pretty much identical with some slight changes. The are both great. If I had to pick it would be the Magic because it is 7 nights oppossed to 3 or 4.

Human Cookie, How did you get the picture from the princess. I would have waved to you all as we were lounging on that side of the ship deck 10.

Got to run so I can start getting ready for dinner.

MO64RN - I think you're still going to CC - Tropical Storm Jeanne has been downgraded to a "depression"...all of our pixie dust must be working :Pinkbounc

Keep the posts coming! this is great:) Love the pic HumanCookie -that is so cool that we got different views :sunny:

Say hi to my friends Ron & Hollie (Hollie is 5'9", has very long, very dark auburn/brown VERY curly hair) and their son Conner (3) on the ship!

They were SOOOO worried these last few weeks and I'm SOOOOO glad their first Mickey boat trip is a success!

oops made a mistake earlier. It was the Norweigan Dawn that departed this morning.

Just got the official word from the captain with good news. We are going to CC in the morning. He did repeat what we had already heard on other posts that there was quite a lot of beach erosion which has already been repaired and a lot of damage to the vegetation on the Island as alot of it is brown and for us not to be disappointed.

As for tropical depression Jeanne-well has definitely lost strength and is at almost a standstill but is moving more due north than west.

Masonpips, I will look for Ron and Hollie.

Thanks For the updates ..

Life is Just A Beach lol

Peter

Thx for all the updates, keep enjoying your trip! You're making me want to do the 4day with just my husband!!:sunny:

We made it to CC and what a beautiful day it was and still is. We started at Serenity Bay since it was just DH and I but moved over to the family beach due to being bitten alive by sand flies. Ouch.

The Island does show signs of Hurricane Francis but in my opinion is still beautiful. That had this funny sign after you left the ship that said Hurricaine Francis Was Here. It had a rope and small propeller showing the bath of the hurricane through Bahamas to Florida. I will try and post a picture after I get home if it comes out good.

We went to PC for the Breakfast Buffet which was very good. Tonight we have our final meal there.

We have had a great trip and it is sad to see it end but we do miss our kids. It has been great though that we have kept in touch via the internet. Was definitley worth the package price.

At 5:15 we will go to the castaway club reception. Up to the goofy pool for some drinks and music now.
:jumping1:

We went to the Castaway Club reception. Free drinks and snacks.
Met Jacquie, the cruise director a spoke with her a few minutes. At dinner tonight she sent DH and I a card and bottle of wine for our anniversary. I thought it was a really nice gesture.

We really had a great time this weekend and look forward to cruising again real soon. Next time though it will be with our family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter