Live from the SQL GFC

ThBa

DIS Veteran
Hallo everybody,

we are here since yesterday. Today is our first full day here.

Yesterday the parks were very full but we stay here until Saturday so we have enough time.

Its raining now so more later!

Cheers
Thorsten

I'll be there in a few weeks :) Any recommendations for Halloween activities, best place to see the Halloween parade and any must have Halloween snacks?

I saw the crowds on social media. Insane!
So many AP holders going to the AP party on Friday, the end of the 30th anniversary in the weekend and then the start of Halloween as of the 1st.

Hope it will be better today!

How is GFC? We are currently booked in a standard room but considering messaging them about upgrading. Thanks!

How is GFC? We are currently booked in a standard room but considering messaging them about upgrading. Thanks!
I have only done concierge in Sequoia and in New Port Bay. I prefer Sequoia as it's a smaller resort, so also less guests at breakfast, or during the snack times in the lounge. Yes, the lounge is a bit smaller, but I always had the feeling it was less busy than in NPB.
If the price difference is affordable, I would do it. Especially if you plan to go back to the resort for breaks. You will have some additional hot items on the breakfast menu, the dedicated check in desk / baggage storage. There are some nice perks. They are not always necessary, but they are definitely nice to have.

I have only done concierge in Sequoia and in New Port Bay. I prefer Sequoia as it's a smaller resort, so also less guests at breakfast, or during the snack times in the lounge. Yes, the lounge is a bit smaller, but I always had the feeling it was less busy than in NPB.
If the price difference is affordable, I would do it. Especially if you plan to go back to the resort for breaks. You will have some additional hot items on the breakfast menu, the dedicated check in desk / baggage storage. There are some nice perks. They are not always necessary, but they are definitely nice to have.
Thanks! I called to check on pricing and it was less than $100 difference per night at least when we were going so went ahead and pulled the plug and upgraded.

2nd Day

Park is full but we mannage to do as much as possible due to our experience over the last years.

Lots of characters in the Studios. The new Spider Man ride is awesome. The nighttime show in the Studios also.

The perfect spot for the parade is on the Main Street. We do not buy and snacks yet.

I agree with Karin1984 about the GFC. For a less more money i would always go for it. The free breakfast time slots are a big plus in my oppinion.

But I have to say that the Qualität of the food at the GFC and the Restaurants was not that good as over the last years.

Today we will go for the Shows...

The next days were full also. A lot of people inside the two parks.

Mickey and the Magician was solid but the new Pixar "Together" show is brillant.

Eating at Walts was dissapointing. Eating at Cape Cod was good.

Tomorrow will be our last day inside the parks.

Curious what was disappointing about Walts?
It is not easy to tell. Everything was not as expected. The quality was low. We had to wait for it for too long. It was ages beetween each dishes. And then the food was too cold.

We would give them another chance next time but this time it was not very good.

I am back home and please let me tell a little bit about the last day and our trip.

The last day was a horror and I not mean Halloween. There was a special event for a local company i guess and so beside the "normal" guests in a very full park hundreds of "special guets" were in the park also.

Dreams was a nightmare and I really do not understand Disney why they are doing this. It was way to crowded and I really do not want to think about the safety.

Most of the shops were closed and only available for these "special guests". If you do not have an company ID card...no chance to go to the shops or on a ride at the evening. Disney did not mentioned it on any internet site or even in the app so we were dissapointed about this situation.

After all I have to say that I have mixed feelings about our 5 day trip.

Salon Mickey was great. Most of the CM were brilliant and after all it is Disney.

But the quality has suffered significantly. I was dissapointed about the GFC breakfast and tea time. Last year the variety of food were so much more. For example we got different types of yoghurts and now you have a yoghurt machine with natural yoghurt and some fruits and toppings. I know that Disney tries to reduce plastic but this was only one example.

As I mentioned our experience at Walts was sympomatic. We were at Annettes Diner also and the waiting times were insame. Not to get inside but to get the ordered food.

Cape Cod, Bistrot Ché Remy and Billy Bobs were ok but nothing special.

The Halloween season inside the parks were dissapointing. I have missed a show at Disneyland Park and there were so less characters.

The Studios have become more crowded due to the Avenger Campus. The new Spider Web Ride is great and a big plus. There were so much characters at the Campus and every minute something happened somewhere.

The new show "Together" is great and fun for everyone.

After all I really thing that for the first time in a very long time I would say that I like the Studios more.

Is it still Disney? Yes and no I have to say. They could do so much more. Better food, more characters ....

There are no offers at the moment for a stay (for example the great 20% and HB free which they offer over the last years) or even for merch but why should they do so? The parks were very very crowded and the people seems to pay anything for a vacation and merch. I have spoken to a CM and she said that the offers will not appear for a very long time. On the other hand they reduce the quality of food.

We still had a great time and we will go back next year because we all can not think about not to be there.

:(
That's a pit to have such an ending. I wish DLP did the same as Efteling in the Netherlands. Efteling has a crowd calendar on their website and there they indicate when there are corporate events and that this increases the crowds.
Also absurd that they have certain stores only open for those corporate visitors.

I can't go to Halloween this year, and I was sad to skip it. But a friend went this weekend for a day and she said the same, the Halloween entertainment was disappointing. You had to be lucky to find the characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter