Live stream discussion - Disney Treasure reveal 11am EST today!

I mean I think it looks better than the wish to me, but mostly because of the coco restaurant. I'm a HUGE coco fan and am tempted to book just for that!

I can't say I'm surprised, we knew it'd be the same layout and such as the wish just with different finishings essentially. But the bones would be the same. I'm scared to see what will happen with those prices once they start booking. Me over here as a silver will probably have to wait a year or so to go on her.

Having Tortola and PR together isn’t common- it’s been St Maarten and PR the last few years I think..
Correct. The 'primary' Eastern Caribbean itinerary has been Tortola/St. Thomas for at least a few years. The St. Maarten/San Juan is the other Eastern Caribbean itinerary, but it's pretty rare (only runs once or twice a year).

Considering Tortola is my favorite Eastern Caribbean port, and San Juan is my second favorite, that Tortola/San Juan itinerary is really appealing . . .

I get that its cheaper to do, but I'm really tired of sister ships just being recreations of the same ship with slightly different art/themes. Give me a new adult restaurant. Give me new kids club activities. Or new pool areas/splash pads. Or new dining experiences. Or new bar ideas (not sure the same bar with a different coat of paint).

Its definitely not just Disney either. Royal Caribbean and all the other ships do the same thing. I want better reasons to go on the sister ships versus "Oh remember the hyperspace lounge? Well now imagine that but you are underwater on a submarine!"

So for the Wish, some additional details like the Walt Disney Theater decor, and the stage shows were revealed during Destination D23.

Destination D23 being this weekend any thoughts that they might share another tidbit before booking officially opens?

Just seems rather close to the “reveal” so I’m leaning more towards nothing.

The other component that was left out of the blogs and video was the onboard game unless I missed it. Would not be opposed to Muppet Treasure Island hunt, just saying.

Last edited:

Based on the end of December 2024, Eastern/Western itineraries but looks like the Fantasy departs on Sundays.
Really. So there going to have two ships from PC doing eastern / western.

I thought they would have done something different or put the ship somewhere else

So for the Wish, some additional details like the Buena Vista Theater decor, and the stage shows were revealed during Destination D23.

Destination D23 being this weekend any thoughts that they might share another tidbit before booking officially opens? The remaining bar/lounge spaces

Just seems rather close to the “reveal” so I’m leaning more towards nothing.

The other component that was left out of the blogs and video was the onboard game unless I missed it. Would not be opposed to Muppet Treasure Island hunt, just saying.
Remember, the reveal vid was supposed to be last week though 🤷‍♂️

I'm not getting my hopes for more info at Destination D23. They seem to be hinting that the Zootopia press release, Disney Treasure press release and World of Frozen at HKDL press release would be before Destination D23 to make time for other announcements on Sat (They might make a reference to those 3 projects but won't spend a good amount of time on them).

The website shares a bit more than the video reveal did:
  • 1923 is returning and 3rd restaurant
  • Marceline Market remains
  • Jade Cricket and Heihei Cafes are the specialty coffee shops
  • Mickey & Friends Festival of Foods is the quick-serve area
  • Luna Lounge is now Sarabi (Lion King themed) - may have been in video and I may have spaced this I was also trying to work
  • Hero Zone doesn't tip its theming but I guess it's the same
  • Two movie theaters are unchanged (names and size - boo)
  • Palo and Enchante remain the upscale dining options
  • The Rose connects the two
  • Senses Spa, Untangled Salon, and Hooks Barbery return
So, we're waiting on just a couple of the lounge spaces, notably Hyperspace Lounge (totally going to be HM).

I'm not getting my hopes for more info at Destination D23. They seem to be hinting that the Zootopia press release, Disney Treasure press release and World of Frozen at HKDL press release would be before Destination D23 to make time for other announcements on Sat (They might make a reference to those 3 projects but won't spend a good amount of time on them).
Are they hinting Zootopia will come to Disney world and will be talked about this week

Are they hinting Zootopia will come to Disney world and will be talked about this week
Speculation at this point. We won't know until Sat what will be announced and no point getting hopes up as Destination D23 is not normally about big announcements

Really. So there going to have two ships from PC doing eastern / western.

I thought they would have done something different or put the ship somewhere else
I don't think the Fantasy will continue doing 7s.

I think the Fantasy stays at Port Canaveral but switches to some combination of 4 to 6 night sailings including trips to Lighthouse Point.

What does people think the chances are of been able to do a eastern on the treasure if I wait until 2026

Someone said the 7th ship could take over the eastern/ western but did they not say that was going somewhere else if I remember

What does people think the chances are of been able to do a eastern on the treasure if I wait until 2026

Someone said the 7th ship could take over the eastern/ western but did they not say that was going somewhere else if I remember
The Treasure's maiden voyage is roughly 17 months after the Wish's. So, if DCL follows a similar timeline, the 3rd
Triton Class ship won't sail her MV until around mid 2026 (I'm doing rough estimates). So that theoretically means the Treasure should keep doing 7-night Caribbean itineraries into early 2026.

Of course, that's all speculation and guessing based on previous timelines. But I think there's a decent chance the Treasure will still be doing 7-night Caribbeans in 2026.

I said that, simply because we've never had a third ship, so its impossible to know where it is going. Maybe it takes over for the Fantasy, which appears to be doing Sun-Sun on the opposite itinerary of the Treasure, or does something else entirely. We just don't know... odds are excellent one or the other new ship (or both) will be doing them in '26.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter