Live trip report: a quick trip back to the real world

Alright, I've reached my crowd limit. Time to go to the room. The bus is about half empty. Perfect timing.

Whoa there. Easy on the brakes Mr Bus Driver. Contents in stomach are under pressure and may explode.

So here we are, half an hour later, safe in the room. Evel Knievel decided each speed bump was a test of bravery to see how close he could get to ramping the bus into the air before realizing he had some passengers with him. Literally, the ride made me nauseous. I could not wait to depart from the bus to walk off some of the sweats and stomach turning. I wasn't prepared for that thrill ride. I think that's going to cut my night short. I considered making a trek back to MK to watch fireworks, but I think I'm going to just enjoy not moving and let the nausea pass.

Day three, and what a day!

I'm sitting at the bus stop and there's quite the crowd. I'm going to play a little game of bus stop roulette and get on the first bus that pulls the least amount of people. Let's see where the day takes me.

We've gone from no buses for fifteen minutes to three buses stacked in the terminal. Blizzard beach is an automatic no. I have no interest or tickets. Magic Kingdom pulls a large crowd on an already full bus. Disney Springs I'll pass on. Round one is a dud. Bring on the next bus!

Another Blizzard Beach bus. Interesting. For one, the weather is cloudy and rainy. I don't see many swimmers. More importantly, the blizzard beach and Epcot bus have had the same time listed for the past three stops, and have changed at the exact same time, yet no Epcot bus has actually showed up yet. On the last bus, the Epcot contingent figured they were the same bus, but the driver assured them he was blizzard beach only.

Next bus: animal kingdom. The bus is empty. Five people move to the bus doors while everyone else grows restless. Hakuna Matata, I'm going to AK!

I can't tell if it's going to rain or the clouds are from the earlier rain. Fingers crossed for some clear skies.

Useful information time:

The bus at Coronado Springs makes four stops. Depending on the bus, my stop (Casitas) is either first or second. It takes roughly twenty minutes from Casitas to resort exit. If you're staying at CSR, please factor this time into your plans, especially if, like today, there are large gaps in bus arrival times.

Back to nonsense.

We've finally left the resort property and are headed to AK. Every seat is full and there are two strap hangers. Not bad.

I've made it into the park and am standing in line for the safari. The weather was pleasant until I got into AK. It could be windy and rainy, but somehow this park still feels blisteringly hot. I'm sweating just standing in line.

Is that the sun that I see trying to peek through the clouds? Jambo my friend!

Our relatively rapid progress has been halted by a family trying to move a house full of items from their stroller into their pockets.

In case you need this information for an apocalypse, men's cargo shorts will apparently hold six bottles of water, a large hand full of snacks in each front pocket, a large wallet, Terri phones, a wad of crumpled receipts, and a pen.

Women's fashion pants will hold half a card key and maybe a thimble full of water.

Inching ever closer to the safari car. The line is again halted, this time by a fast pass grouping of 25! I've chosen the opposite side.

Useful information:

Most of the animals in the safari seem to be on the left of the vehicle. Right side? Not so much.

OK, Me: your MagicBand will not give you the time, no matter how many times you look at it.

There was a brief sprinkle, but the sky continues to hold the bulk of the water. Waiting on the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch.

I keep getting hints of BBQ and other fine foods and I'm reminded that I haven't had anything to eat yet. I'm becoming quite hungry.

In case you need this information for an apocalypse, men's cargo shorts will apparently hold six bottles of water, a large hand full of snacks in each front pocket, a large wallet, Terri phones, a wad of crumpled receipts, and a pen.

Women's fashion pants will hold half a card key and maybe a thimble full of water.

Aint that the truth. Luckily I usually have a stroller full of children to store my stuff.

I keep getting hints of BBQ and other fine foods and I'm reminded that I haven't had anything to eat yet. I'm becoming quite hungry.

Eat something!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter